Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey out of Throgmorton Cup

Guest Uncle Albert

St Blazey 1 Penzance 2. ft.

Ben Rix gave Blazey a first half lead, but two Mark Vercesi goal in last 20 minutes won it for the Magpies.

Mark Vercesi,a great player,wish he was still at Truro.Played well when he was with us,and could always score the important goal.

St Blazey 1 Penzance 2. ft.

Ben Rix gave Blazey a first half lead, but two Mark Vercesi goal in last 20 minutes won it for the Magpies.

Mark Vercesi,a great player,wish he was still at Truro.Played well when he was with us,and could always score the important goal.

None more so than the cup final winner against Saltash :smiley20:

A really strange evening. The match never seemed to get going. There was never a sustained period of play leading to a goal being scored. The goals just seemed to come from no where tonight. The match was played in a really strong wind with all 3 goals going in with the wind behind the teams. The match was there for St Blazey but they couldnt manage to get the all important goal. Vercesi popped up with two goals and St Blazey didnt have time to mount a serious fight back.

Good crowd tonight. Att 225. Good to see so many there.

Although from reading the program, on the 11th November 1954 St Blazey beat Penzance 4v3 in front of over 3000 supporters!!! What you wouldnt give to see those crowds back!! :unsure:

Could be a hard match at Buckland. No Ben Rix, suspended, and no Neil Slateford, injured. St Blazey will do well to get a point from this one.

Yes Paul and also no Josh Higman (injured), Mark Kershaw (injured) i think we are only going up theer with 13 FIT players!!

Glynn will have to be a super sub and i think we might also take a second teamer just to make numbers strong!

Oh well can only hope that the green and blacks bounce back from a good penzance side to beat a high flying Buckland!

Come on you Greens!!!! :c::D :thumbsup:

Bloody hell. Unbelievable. Weve gone from a healthy squad to next to nothing in just a couple weeks what with the odd one leaving, suspension, and injuries. Well the ones who are there will need to pull together and do their best. Looking forward to this one. Roll on saturday. :thumbsup:

The headcount done by one of the Blazey boys was 224.

The difference last season between the headcount and the official figure was usually 15-20. This season the difference seems to be a bit higher and I don't know the reason for that.

The headcount on Saturday against Tracey was 140 but official 94 I think.

Hope you were there on Wednesday and didn't miss out on one of Penzance's finest results for donkeys years. :c: