Cornwall Football Forum

Ivybridge 0-2 Falmouth Town

Guest avidfollower

Whistleblower, I think you were watching a different game to me. Ivybridge were very poor, but quite honestly, Falmouth were not really that much better.

That's the nature of football avidfollower,everyone has a different opinion.

The game as i saw it was Town defended well,Chappers was solid in goal,and Town opened up Ivybridge time and again with balls into the channels and pace.Only some poor finishing and some very good saves by the Ivies keeper kept the score respectable.

Avidfollower I do not who you are but Whistleblower, has most likely forgotten more about football, than you know, he knows what he's talking about, he rarely gets his facts wrong, if he said Falmouth could have more goals, I would take his word for it, if you were at the match maybe you missed some of it because you fell asleep !!?

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Hi Hammers .. not sure if your last post was supposed to be a little in the "tongue in cheek" style, but even though you obviously place much faith in Whistleblower's opinion; I think you may be a little harsh on suggesting Avidfollower missed some of the game.

As he was at the match, he has every right to voice his opinion. That's the beauty of the game, we all see different games!!!! :blink:

Dave have you changed your name ? not once did I say that Avidfollower was not entitled to his opinion, far from it in fact he has replied to me, & he has not suggested I was saying that he is entitled to his opinion,

the are some times when even you need to get your facts right before you make incorrect comments, :SM_carton:

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Have not seen all games but to me Town turned in ther best performance of the season as they dominated a lacklustre home team which was lying in 4th. position.

Putting the ball in the net was their only downfall as from the first minute Danny O'Hagan had only keeper to beat until the closing minutes when they cut open the tiring Ivybridge team at will.

Ryan Fice and Liam Eddy your day will come sooner than later.

My man of the match was the commanding skipper Tom Smith who also with Sean Flynn gave every protection to the gutsy Jason Chapman playing with a broken nose. (he did receive one clatter to the face).

The achievement was all the more remarkable as a depleted squad had a scare with Ben Stidwell feeling unwell at the start and the injured substitute Matt Drummond would only come on at the last resort.

FT.Lineup-Jason Chapman;Ben Stidwell;Robin Teagle;Sean Flynn;Tom Smith(Capt);Tom Barwell;Richard Kellow(Bobby Bryant 75m);Jimmy Alexander;Danny O'Hagan;Ryan Fice;Liam Eddy;unused sub Matt Drummond.

Goals- Danny O'Hagan heading a Liam Eddy cross 14min/ Justin Crowley the Ivy' skipper slicing a Jimmy Alexander free kick into his own net 55min.

Falmouth won the corner count 11-3 and a rare NO yellow cards.

It was the first victory at Erme Valley for Falmouth (previous 1-2;2-3) and completed a 4-0 league double this season.

Although the weather was perfect and bright it was a sensible decision by referee Lee Dudman to kick off at 2-45pm.

Estimated attendance 85

First half I was in the company of referee 'Stig' Eddie Cochoran on his way to Falmouth from Chelmsford.

and second half stood beside the ex Liskeard Western league defender Richard Gibbons whose son plays for Ivybridge as we reminisced with all the great Falmouth/Liskeard players from yesterday.

As you can imagine it was very enjoyable day finishing with a pint of Ale at the Bullers Arms Landrake

How is Richard Mike? He was one scary centre half!!! Always did well against him though.Goals wise anyway,maybe not the shins and backs of my calves!!! Brilliant in the air. :clapper:

Yes he is in good nick but didn't follow up into Vets football etc -he say's he wouldn't last on the pitch now due to the strict rules with his tackling.lol

I think he works at the Dockyard and mentioned many there ie Keith Etheridge,Keith Manley and Bradley Swiggs etc.

He had a strong affection to the times when he played for Bugle FC in their all conquering era.