Alphington PvP Stoke Gabriel

Axminster Town PvP Okehampton Argyle

Bickleigh PvP Exeter Civil Service

Exmouth Town PvP Appledore

Liverton Utd v Teignmouth

Ottery St Mary PvP Crediton Utd (3.00)

Royal Marines v Budleigh Salterton

Totnes & Dartington PvP Galmpton Gents

Well I've just come back from Bovey and I have to say I found nothing wrong with the pitch and was very surprised it was called off, walked all around it and although found it to be firm it had a lot of give in it, my key cars just slide into the ground, the raised bits that the groundsman hadn't bothered to flatten down were very soft and squished into the ground when stood on.

The temperature here is 4 degrees and has been all day with plenty of sunshine, one look at the weather predictions from this morning would have told you that it wasn't going to get any worse.

Guest Rydon Ranger

Stig, I was at Buckland's ground, which is 6 miles from Bovey, at 7.30 this morning, the temperature then was -6 degrees. At 10am it was minus 2 degrees and when I left at midday it was plus 2 degrees. You would not have played on our ground today, it was very dangerous. I am therefore very surprised that the temperature at Bovey Tracey has been 4 degrees all day! I don't disbelieve you that the pitch may in your opinion have been playable at 2pm , but Bovey would have had a referee inspect the pitch this morning and would have made an early decision to give Falmouth plenty of notice. I can imagine the furore on here if they let Falmouth travell and then called it off.

Rydon,

Many thanks for your reply but 6 miles is a long way, in the vine yards of france two vine yards can be seperated by only a wall but the ground drainage and bouquets can be very different.

Although you say the time was 2 o'clock I was there at 12.45, the difference between you and Bovey is that they are on low lying ground and you are high up, also you have the problem of it being a newish pitch that has suffered somewhat in the last couple of seasons added to the fact that your new stand, although very good covers quite a majority of the pitch and with the sun behind it most of the day, so therefore the area in shade never gets the warmth as other pitches such as Bovey.

Falmouth to Bovey takes about an hour and a half and with a 2.15 ko the pitch inspection should have been done at around 11.15 to 11.30 and not 9am, still plenty of time for people to get there and as most of the team are not Falmouth based so travel would not have been an isse for the majority.