Cornwall Football Forum

PENZANCE AFC v FALMOUTH TOWN AFC

This was the regular Boxing Day fixture after Falmouth left the Western League and was last featured over 20 years ago.

26-12-89 JSWL Penzance 0 Falmouth Town 2 (Chris 'Dodger' Long /Gary Wignall.

since then Falmouth and Truro contested the Aubrey Wilkes Trophy on Boxing Day.

What sort of gate you expecting Paul? The (SWPL) Penlee record is 411 v Mousehole so can the 500 be achieved?

prediction PZ 1 FT 2- see you at Penlee Park 2-00pm K.O.

Cornishteddyboy,

I congratulate Penzance on their win over Falmouth I would liked to have been there,( Family commitments ) it must have been a cracker, because I read that Falmouth were 3-0 down at half time,

I look forward to PZ visiting Bickland Park in the Future,

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

To be honest, it wasn't a classic but it was enthralling: PZ's first goal somehow squirmed through the keepers hands, while the second and third (second especially) were supremly well taken. Falmouth came back magnificently after the break: their second was also a cracker. PZ had one shot on target in the second half: against the bar. I lost count of the number of great saves Butcher pulled off and the number of last ditch goal-line clearances we somehow managed.

The whole came was framed by a double sending off and what looked from the sidelines like fairly convincing Town penalty appeals.

Still, three more points will do nicely, even if we did play our "get out of gaol" cards every few minutes! :)