Cornwall Football Forum

Throgmorton Cup 3rd round Results - Mon 28th Dec

Poor game at Penzance today.

Few goalmouth chances.

Ref loved writing names in his book, at least 8 taken, and gave two goals to Tavvy. One ball was kicked out of keepers hands, second from a free kick on edge of the box when Tavvy player ran into Pz player.

Pz had one disallowed plus Johnny Ludlam sent off in 2nd half for 2 yellows.

Crowd I would guess at 150-160

Oh dear who would have forcast that. 4 left from the premier 4 from div1 east. to summerise Cornish 1 Devon 7 is the balance now moving across the Tamar.So called big cornish teams all gone Penzance Falmouth St Blazey Saltash little minnows Liverton Exmouth Alphington Royal Marine still soldering on.Sorry Dave could not resist that. :drink: :drink:

Lucky Bodmin -Home in the next round to Liverton United coupled with a Senior Cup tie with St.Day.

lucky was just about right. It could easily have been Hayle, had they had their scoring boots on, and had some crucial decisions go their way and not against them. I'm sure somebody else will comment on some of the decisions, but having one assistant spending more time looking and talking to the crowd, rather than watching the game didn't help.

Went and watched Liverton and Holsworthy today.

Liverton took an early lead and then the ref gave a penalty to Livvy he must have been the only person in the ground to see what it was for. Livvy put it away.

The second half saw Holsworthy come out and put a bit of pressure on the back four. The ref then evened things up and gave another Pen this time to Holsworthy this was saved brilliantly by the keeper low to the goalies left.

Liverton went straight to the other end and scored to put the game to bed

Bodmin better not take Liverton to lightly as they played some good footy at times

Think Holsworthy are in for a hard long season

Best player on the pitch Liverton`s number 4

ATTENDANCE Just under the 100

Final score Liverton 3 Holsworthy 0

All the cornish will be supporting Bodmin in this year`s Throgmorton cup from now on!!! :c::c: :c:

Not bothered what you lot say about the results in the cup, i'm happy!

I am sure that someone who can put some words together can put todays game into perspective but in our opinion.

It was a great RM team perfomance and in my humble opinion that was the key, we played as a team and they played as a team of individuals, they had the larger % of the ball, but we always looked like scoring and defended brilliantly, their consolation goal came in [on my watch] the 96 minute, the longer the game went on the more individualistic they became.

Next round Alphington at home At the Fortress aka Endurance Park.

C'mon Royal

Went and watched Liverton and Holsworthy today.

Liverton took an early lead and then the ref gave a penalty to Livvy he must have been the only person in the ground to see what it was for. Livvy put it away.

The second half saw Holsworthy come out and put a bit of pressure on the back four. The ref then evened things up and gave another Pen this time to Holsworthy this was saved brilliantly by the keeper low to the goalies left.

Liverton went straight to the other end and scored to put the game to bed

Bodmin better not take Liverton to lightly as they played some good footy at times

Think Holsworthy are in for a hard long season

Best player on the pitch Liverton`s number 4

ATTENDANCE Just under the 100

Final score Liverton 3 Holsworthy 0

All the cornish will be supporting Bodmin in this year`s Throgmorton cup from now on!!! :c::c::c:

what do you think about bodmin v buckland final alfonso :D

:clapper: well done to the hayle boys today.

had loads of chances but never had any luck, ohwell thats football folks.

must say was a bit gobsmacked with the portly lino.

some of his decisions were bizzare to say the least.

would love to have a read from his rule book.

maybe him chatting to the crowd diddent help him.

anyway goodluck to bodmin, good spread for the commitee.

only 1 wee complaint.... the showers were cold. :drink:

Guest Mark Hayman

The CSWPL is run predominantly by Devon Officers: looks like the success of the clubs could follow suit. Is this coincidental r is the balance inexorably shifting away from the Duchy?

Adlestrop, I thought these negative comments had long since passed and it saddens me to read them after the constant hard work put in by us to eradicate those thoughts, you more than any don't seem to let them go even though we are now nearly three seasons on.

There are four officers and if you care to take the time to look on the SWPL site you will see that myself and the League Secretary are both based in Devon. If you look more closely you will see that the Vice Chairman and the Finance Director are both Cornish based and play a very active role in decisions

Bodmin Town have deservedly won the League and Cup in the last two seasons and are still in a very good position to repeat that again this year.

You are obviously not closely attached to a club, if you were then you would be aware that the League Secretary and myself are constantly at games in Cornwall and will continue to be so, please introduce yourself if you see me there, I will be at Goverseth Park this coming Saturday.

I rarely post on the CSF, I think the last time was twelve months previous commenting on this Cornwall/Devon problem you seem to have, ultimately there are no boundaries, we are as one from Axminster Town to Mousehole as the important people in clubs and other persons in the Duchy who know us very well, know and respect.

Mark Hayman

League Chairman