Cornwall Football Forum

Nancarrow back to AFC St Austell!!!!

If confirmed that's good news. Hope Nanks didn't play for StB against Wadebridge in the Senior Cup because if so he's cup tied and that means will have to watch with the rest of us as we retain the Cup on Easter Monday!

Now that the leagues have bedded in much better, the standard in SWPL Prem is quite a bit higher than in SWPL West (I watch matches in both divisions, so I know).

The chance of a step 7 side winning it will be much lower than last season.

I disagree that the standards of the Prem div and East/West are far apart... Having played 5 or 6 matches last season against Premier Division sides in Cups (including Saltash, Torpoint, Liskeard and Wadebridge), St.Austell came out victorious in all but 1 and that was against the current champions in the Throgmorton Cup in a very close fought match up having only lost 2-1.. There can't of been that much movement of players from East/West to Prem and visa-versa to make the standard that much higher in the space of a few months from last season. Take a look at Penzance! Didn't look too good for the Western league last season, and took a fair few defeats, now looking comfortable, and sitting 4th in the Prem...

A man in Asda told me last night that Nanks was thinking of going back to Duchy football next season in a bid to win th Junior Cup. Gary Warrens Burngullow based outfit are said to be keen on taking the big man back to Sticker (Reserves).

You heard it here first!!!