Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell v Hayle.

People are very quick to run clubs, players and the like down and are not to quick to praise.

But today I visited St. Austell in a top of the table clash , From the point of my arrival i was met by a commitee member whom show me to my changing room and sorted me out with a cup of tea, I was even offered something to eat I so desired, At half time once again tea was provided with a chocolate biscuit.

Full time was again tea and a pasty followed by good grub back at the Pub. the game was played as it should with no major incidents by two teams that tried and wanted to ply football even though the conditions got steaderly worse.

St Austell have recieved some bad press recently but I can honestly say the players and official of St. Austell made my Trip today at Poltair very enjoyable WELL DONE to you all ... Plus all credit must to hayle as well as they too were a pleasure to officate today

well done to both clubs and good luck for the rest of the season .

regards Ian Spurling Ref. :drink: :smiley20:

I think the game was helped by 2 good linesmen as well ref. John has been abused on here and yesterday i thought he did an excellent job in the rain as did keith quinn who quite rightly did not flag for towns second goal,well done boys :clapper:

Thanks also to the "foxhole mafia "for ensuring we were kept safe in the grandstand :D I agree with gary,s remarks on the radio that town were worthy winners and we can perform better,they were more streetwise in the conditions. But still a long way to go and both teams will be up there at the end.

sorry i could,nt get too cookworthy but had to go back and see ma and pa :c: :rolleyes:

I am so sorry I should of aknowledge the assistance I had from both John Elliot and Keith Quinn They were superb and I found it a pleasure to have them both assist me at St. Austell. They show that even under great pressure they stood firm and gave what they saw how ever the out come was Well Done to you John and Keith and thanks again for your help.

Ian

Great to see St.Austell back at the top.

Excellent result yesterday. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Good coverage on 'Radio Rugby' at 5.30 yesterday, especially for those of us unable to get to Poltair.

And have you noticed that 'ST.AUSTELL' is appearing more and more on the BBC / UK Weather Map these days, 'bloody smart' :c: