Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin v Blazey replay

Guest Uncle Albert

I don't have any affiliation to Bodmin Town FC, apart from appreciating the football teams they have produced in the last few years, but I think you'll find that any decision about people being allowed in free to the rearranged game v St Blazey, has to be made by the Peninsula League.

I am reliably informed that, according to the League handbook, that is the rule. An individual club is not allowed to let people in free unless instructed to by the league.

So perhaps you, and all those who provide excellent away support for St Blazey wherever the team plays, should make enquiries with the league as to what the next step is.

Maybe somebody like Chairman could take up the supporters' very reasonable cause with the league?

Earlier this season went to Buckland to watch Torpoint. Most people, apart from the ref, thought the match should not have started and after about 15 minutes the game was abandoned - flooded pitch may have been best description rather than waterlogged.

The Buckland club offered everyone free admission to the return fixture. At the time, I thought a refund might have been more appropriate but having read this thread I'd like to offer a belated well done to them for offering the free return admission immediately on the day. Especially as, I believe, they still had to pay the referee anyway.