Cornwall Football Forum

can anyone actually beat torpoint at the moment ?

Guest Ronald

the top teams must be glad that torpoint have played so many games because if they hadn't they would be challenging seriously, my bodmin are gunna struggle now after a defeat to them !

• 2 weeks later...

The test will come next saturday when dudds brings his boys to Bolitho park home of the in form Plymouth Parkway beaten only once in the last 15 cup and league games and that was at Chertsey in fa vase. League action this year has seen them amass 20 goals in 4 games conceeding just 2 and of course collecting an important 12 points to begin to mount a challenge on the top teams. Some match in prospect. :drink:

Saw this Torpoint side at Tavy yesterday & gotta say they deserved the three points, tavy just wanna use muscle tactics & the long ball neither which put off this young Torpoint side! must be a average age of 22?

Think if Dudds can keep that side together than in the future (which could be hard) than they could be a force to be reckonded with.

S White outstanding & didn,t get fazed by intimidation,good midfield led by Roberts, don,t know who was in goal for Torpoint another young lad? wasn,t in the programme? he had a excellant game too!

Shame the ref wasn,t up to much!

I fancy Tavy as a team havin seen them a few times this season but they must remain a team & not a bunch of individuals trying to use strong arm tactics!! It don,t work!!

talking to the Torpoint contingent at Langsford on Sat they reckoned out of every three goals conceeded this season at least one was down to their keeper

Wasn't at Tavi on Saturday but heard Jack Dixon had a sound game in goal. However you must of been talking to wrong part of the Torpoint contingent because Martin Piper has made a lot of excellent saves at very important moments during the recent run of form for Torpoint.

During all the games I've watched this season I can only remember one 'howler' when Pipes threw the ball in to his own net from a corner but he held his hands up to that one straight away.

S White outstanding

I thought he was off to France to a coaching school or whatever!

yes he has been to spain with glen hoddle but opted to return to torpoint, still talking to hoddle academy about returning later in season has a match for them at coventry later this month in the meantime he's enjoying his time at torpoint with a good bunch of lads who work there socks off for each other,

credit must go to stu dudley for forging that team spirit, :clapper:

Torpoint are a good team, But Falmouth faced them & got a creditable draw,

so they are not yet invincible,

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

yes you scraped a draw at torpoint but is that the sort of result you would have expected lets be honest falmouth is full of good well known players who on paper should beat torpoint no they arnt invincible but they play for each other a great asset that money cant buy

good luck for the season down at falmouth you will be there or thereabouts but torpoint will upset a few more big sides and finish top 8 :D