Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin v St Blazey re-arranged

I hope this is a free entry night after the last time , as i paid to watch a full game of football and that game now gets completed as a re-arrange game , since i was not given a refund on the night i will not pay again as we know clubs have responsibilitys towards supporters , a fact high lighted at st austell with newquay game so having taken the money they have to now fullfill there part and let us in free of charge or just take free donations at the gate . if the FA have there rules know is the time to explain them regards this situation .

Bodmin 3 (Mark Berry, Sam Matthews, Chris Luxton) St Blazey 0

Bodmin (4-4-2): Kevin Miller; Huw Morgan, Steve Simmons, Tom Chambers, Lewis Reed (Dan Tapper); Ben Smallridge, Nick Campbell (Chris Luxton), Steve Colwell, Karl Turner; Sam Matthews and Mark Berry.

St Blazey (4-5-1): Tom Blackler; David Trott, Lee Bradd, Fergus Nevin, Lewis Ellis; Josh Higman, Jay Isbell, Ben Rix, Danny Brook (Danny Zalick), Mark Kershaw (Neil Slateford); and Sam Cooper (Jon Hoyles).

Bodmin were just too strong on the night and well deserved the 3-0 scoreline. The p.a. announced the scorers as Berry, Matthews and Luxton but as I dont really know the players except Chris Luxton please dont quote me on that. I will upload the goals in a few.

Title challenge over for St Blazey now. Bodmin's performance was the best I have seen from any side this season.

Crowd: around 180 (30 or so from St Blazey)

30 from Blazey...? hahaha... i counted 5, a flag, and a few kids with green scarves on rolling down the bank.. :clapper:

Bodmins first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPGwU2P2qZU

Then the moment of controversy...Did it cross the line or not? I must admit I didnt think it had although as you can see my angle wasnt perfect but I can see why the lino didnt give it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGxVEl4FmRo

Bodmins second from the corner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKY1lAmwb6A

Lastly, super Chrissy Luxtons goal. I caught this a bit late but he made a great run into space to receive the pass and finished it very well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fpZTSvOg0A

Leaner, i think you want to be part of the Blazey cause your either watching us or making comments!! :D

There were over 30 St Blazey there tonight but not many behind the goal. A group were on the far side of the stand, another few in the stand and a group on the far side.

Nice to no the St Austell boys still follow the Blazey. :thumbsup:

Title challenge over for St Blazey now. Bodmin's performance was the best I have seen from any side this season.

Crowd: around 180 (30 or so from St Blazey)

30 from Blazey...? hahaha... i counted 5, a flag, and a few kids with green scarves on rolling down the bank.. :clapper:

We counted up and there were 30 that I know of, so actually pretty sure it was more than that. 12 of us "hardcore" behind the goal and the rest scattered around the ground.

180 at a Bodmin game, lots of people with taking advantage of the discounted entry. DanBlazey claims 30 supporters for every away game, not sure who he trying to kid. Saying that, St Austell only have away support when the reserves don't have a game, isn't that right Leaner.

Judge,

where have I ever claimed 30 for every away game?

However, we very rarely drop below 20 still, but I have to admit we'll do well to manage 20 at Bovey on Sat.

Guest Uncle Albert

I would say there were more than 30 Blazey fans there. Certainly 25 or so behind the Blazey dugout, quite a few to the right of Bodmin's dugout, and those five funny men behind the goal.

I enjoyed their attempts to wind up Kevin Miller in the first half. Songs like 'You'll never play for Blazey' and 'Million pound, you're having a laugh' warmed up a freezing night.

Mind you, fair play to Miller. 'It was 1.5 million actually' he said in reply. Top man.

There were miles less than 30 Blazey fans. I was behind the dugout and unless you count the bench as 'fans' there were very few there as well!!!

What a silly comment when there are people in the know who have already posted the approx level of away support. We have the best level of away support of any club in the SWPL Premier, something we are very proud of. We have no need to make up numbers.

Well Dan Blazey, I know St Blazey were doing well at the start of the season & you could not be convinced that it was to early to predict that St Blazey would win the league,

remember the old saying, nothing is for sure until the fat lady sings,

but I still admire St Blazey for what they have achieved, bearing in mind St Blazey itself is A tiny place compaired to the big places Like Falmouth, Penzance, Bodmin, & others,

Also nobody dares to under estimate St Blazey, they will I am sure be right up there again amongst the leaders,

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Well Dan Blazey, I know St Blazey were doing well at the start of the season & you could not be convinced that it was to early to predict that St Blazey would win the league,

remember the old saying, nothing is for sure until the fat lady sings,

but I still admire St Blazey for what they have achieved, bearing in mind St Blazey itself is A tiny place compaired to the big places Like Falmouth, Penzance, Bodmin, & others,

Also nobody dares to under estimate St Blazey, they will I am sure be right up there again amongst the leaders,

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

I always thought the phrase was "it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings" and I've not had a peep out of mother yet :clapper:

Seriously, there's a long way to go and a lot of teams still in it should Bodmin or Buckland slip up.