Cornwall Football Forum

Applications to Join SWP

It doesn't work like that bananaman as at the end of the season once again some teams that share facilities have to play away as the cricket season overlaps.

So these teams have to fill the first and last months of the season with away games giving them no advantage.

One reason why St Day have a problem this season is that they have only played 7 home games due to postponements and Senior Cup games.

Check St Day's record for last season. They managed to get one home game in at the end due to it being mid-week.

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20st%20day.htm

Other teams that have the same problem are Ludgvan

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20ludgvan.htm

and Holmans

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20holman.htm

plus Culdrose would have trouble as they have so many breaks due to leave at holiday periods.

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20culdrose.htm

if bude win the league they shud be given the opportunity to go up regardless of whether or not they have applied..obviously as long as the facilities are up to scratch
- says Beaves

Which other rules would you like the league to ignor - o dear do you people out there not understand football at all :SM_carton:

It doesn't work like that bananaman as at the end of the season once again some teams that share facilities have to play away as the cricket season overlaps.

So these teams have to fill the first and last months of the season with away games giving them no advantage.

One reason why St Day have a problem this season is that they have only played 7 home games due to postponements and Senior Cup games.

Check St Day's record for last season. They managed to get one home game in at the end due to it being mid-week.

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20st%20day.htm

Other teams that have the same problem are Ludgvan

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20ludgvan.htm

and Holmans

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20holman.htm

plus Culdrose would have trouble as they have so many breaks due to leave at holiday periods.

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20culdrose.htm

Maybe the application deadline should be later say the end of April at least then teams would know if they are in with a shout of finishing in the league positions required.

Holmans football club due to it being written in the sports club constitution have to be off the ground from mid April usually around the 15th until the first week in September. We have a good relationship with the cricket side so the dates can be flexed a little but they need time to prepare the ground. Obviously this can cause a bit of a nightmare at the end of the season if we are facing a number of rescheduled home fixtures (aka this year!!!).

The league fixture us to normally play our first 5 or 6 games away of the season (both sides). Is it an advantage to be away from home for a substantial period of time at the beginning and end of the season.......probably not I would say.

Guest Bundiwilliams

maybe they should ignore all the pointless rules they have made and in some cases use common sense :)

i also agree with this one, it works higher up, you win the league you go up its simple, say this year leeds walk away with league 2, comes to end of season and they decide they dont stand a chance in championship so they decide to stay in there league, that dont make sense i think the leagues in cornwall our run backwards sometimes, its simple you win league you go up you lose the league you go down.

the leagues down here are so in the dark ages!!!!!

maybe they should ignore all the pointless rules they have made and in some cases use common sense
- says Beaves

the leagues down here are so in the dark ages!!!!!
- says Bundiwilliams

Your not learning lads - its the clubs that make and amend the rules if they want to - pick up your constitution and rule books - get learning and then put in amrndments to the rules :SM_carton_y:

The weather this week in cornish land has been good with most soccer matches taking place.To my surprise yet again St.day had to call off their home game because of a waterlogged pitch.Why do so many games get called off at st.day.This is an important topic because if they do get promoted they could be playing home games in june/july because they already have the first 2 months of the season without home games.

I think maybe they could ground share with the nearest swpl club for the start and end of the season.Plus if a club has more than say 4 games called off because of cricket or waterlogged pitch,then they should be fined by the league and play games behind closed doors.Maybe conishteddyboy can confirm how many games have been called off this season.

Guest CONFLICTO

U seem to have a huge problem with St Day Bananaman may I ask y that is. I read this site all the time and feel maybe you should put your real views across as to y u seem to hate the club so much.

Hello conflicto,thank you for your bold and excellent comment,I will with great pleasure answer any questions you may have regarding myself but first im no sherlock holmes-you say you read this site all the time but you r a newbie.Its no crime being a virgin on this soccer forum.I'm sure conishteddyboy or dd can help you out with the different topics and how to write replys on this forum.

I do write my own views on this forum.....doesn't everyone :clapper: Plus i don't have any problem with st.day cc,i think they have some great all rounders and wish them all the best in their promotion slog.

I think Bananaman might of got rejected by Winno when he took over at St Day.

Theres always next year ;)

All the best Winno

FIFI D

:c:

He must then be the only one who was. I heard they were accepting all and sundry and still wanted more. Still, they ended up wth Dominatrix Pullen up front so they obviously didn't do very well in that regard!

Dont know whom any of you are bar bushy and Kirky boy how are you mate you keeping good buddy. Dont know what your comment is ref domo but he is still one of the best strikers in the combo by a mile goalscoring records speak for themselves. We are trying hard to progress the club at St Day and will move on if we have the opportunity.Things are in place to move on we just have to prove were good enough.....

Dont know whom any of you are bar bushy and Kirky boy how are you mate you keeping good buddy. Dont know what your comment is ref domo but he is still one of the best strikers in the combo by a mile goalscoring records speak for themselves. We are trying hard to progress the club at St Day and will move on if we have the opportunity.Things are in place to move on we just have to prove were good enough.....

The people that put other players down are usually the muppets who couldnt hit a cows backside with a banjo!!good luck with the promotion bid!

Bushy,just because you have one more ball than me,it doesn't give you the right to put down bananaman.Very true you don't need an account to read my contributer posts,i welcome non members,members with 1 2 3 4 5 balls.I'm a ball friendly member.

Fifi,great post,i went bananas when i got rejected,its always been my dream to play for st.day.i love yellow.

Also quite easy to hit a cows backside at st.day.Isn't the pitch on a farm!