Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Reserves managerless?

I hear joint managers Robin Watt and Steve Flack, alongwith coach Tubbsy, were in charge of their last match for City yesterday.

Apparently the Chairman wants new faces next season and so the management team of the Reserves have decided to call it a day ahead of carrying on until the end of the season.

A letter is on its way to the Chairman stating the reasons for leaving now and not waiting till the end of the season as I gather the club would have preferred!

Ive played under many manager;

Robbie Stevens, Tony Rogers, Gary Pascoe, Robin Watt & Steve Flack etc

But i have to say Andy Ball is right up there as the best ive played under.Hes coached & played at a much higher level.Just because he took over St Austell with no players & no budget and couldnt turn it around doesnt make him a bad manager.At the time St Austell was a poorly run club in debt with no clubhouse.He was promised a budget but didnt get 1.Ask any player whose played under him & they will say the same.Good bloke who loves football & knows football.

No he wont have one at Truro(at least i know rob n flacky didnt have 1)

but Truro has a team already,

St Austell didn't have any players, so he had to bring in a whole squad on no budget.If you look at Goonhavern & Wendron then you can see how dificult it is with no budget even with a base of players.Also St Austell had a poor(for swl) reserve teamplaying in duchy 4 i think.

but Truro has a team already

Some might say they haven't got much of a team. At least, that is if you look at the current bottom of the league table:-

VOSPERS OAK VILLA 16 6 3 7 26 34 -8 21

CALLINGTON TOWN 18 5 4 9 30 34 -4 19

MILLBROOK 18 5 3 10 24 47 -23 18

FOXHOLE STARS 19 4 5 10 26 56 -30 17

TRURO CITY 21 4 4 13 27 42 -15 16

MOUSEHOLE 18 1 4 13 15 58 -43 7

But at least they shouldn't have to worry about relegation

St Austell reserves would have had better players than quite a few of the first team that season nick bennetts, hutchings, kellow and Adam Bromley would all have comfortably made their firsts that season instead they stayed and ripped duchy 5 to shreds instead - not sure of the club politics at that time but surely better than some of the firsts at that time i would have thought. Just my opinion. Much love John Barnes ######

St Austell didn't have any players, so he had to bring in a whole squad on no budget.If you look at Goonhavern & Wendron then you can see how dificult it is with no budget even with a base of players.Also St Austell had a poor (for swl) reserve teamplaying in duchy 4 i think.

St Austell Reserves have never been a poor side; I agree with Premier Sixes as St Austell Reserves have always had quality players that could play far higher than Duchy football. Especially that season when I did hear that the reserves reguarly destroyed the first team in training; having watched both sides that season & having played against the reserves & some of their first team it's fair to say that the reserves would have faired far better than their first team in the SWL that season.

St Austell didn't have any players, so he had to bring in a whole squad on no budget.If you look at Goonhavern & Wendron then you can see how dificult it is with no budget even with a base of players.Also St Austell had a poor (for swl) reserve teamplaying in duchy 4 i think.

St Austell Reserves have never been a poor side; I agree with Premier Sixes as St Austell Reserves have always had quality players that could play far higher than Duchy football. Especially that season when I did hear that the reserves reguarly destroyed the first team in training; having watched both sides that season & having played against the reserves & some of their first team it's fair to say that the reserves would have faired far better than their first team in the SWL that season.

maybe not a poor side but not a side that could play snr footy.maybe they ripped through duchy 5 but they would rip through combo/ecpl.The players you mentioned are ok.That hutchings got a few chances in the 1st but didnt take them.

also at the time the 1st team had;

Raven(now penryn keeper)

Waters(did go blazey, not sure where he is now)

Slateford(Blazey)

Friendship(Liskeard)

Van Evelingen(Truro)

The ball brothers(both swl but not sure where)

Cliridge(quality lefty not sure where now, somewhere in plymouth)

Me(played a few swl sides before my back went)

and other players who now play combo & ecpl

they wewrent bad players...just very young....i was the 2nd oldest player at 19.

& the club was the worst run club ive played at(at the time).

The 2nd team were all on the comitee& were given priority.. ie. got there trackys months before,played on the pitch when it was unplayable etc.

St Austell 2's are now an even better side than then, with Hutching still doing well, good experineced players like Luke Patton, Pascoe and Powell. they also have a big guy up front called sanders (or similar) that i've heard about that has start scored a few goals. it will very interesting to see what happens when P6's play St Austell this season???