Cornwall Football Forum

Charity Cup Result

You looked like you'd been in the wars come the end of the game Crouchy, I've never seen so much mud on someone's face!!

Penryn Athletic 1 (Davis, pen) St Austell 3 (Brokenshire, Phillips (2))

St Austell (3-5-2): Stone; Lean, Ralph, Giles; Hill (Tinsley), Bromley, Parsons, Brokenshire, Butler (Crapp); Body (Phillips) and Dingle.

No penhaligon, mulready, crapp, tinsley, whieldon, phillips or nancarrow to start yesterday... yet i feel the starting team performed extremely well, even though there were a few struggling for match fitness. In my opinion St.Austell had the upper hand, and looked fairly comfortable for the majority of the game, and completely dominated the final 20 minutes with use of a few super subs.... A great stepping stone going into Saturdays match up with team confidence, moral and atmosphere at its best!! St.Austell for the treble....? Sssshhhhhhhh......... :drink:

A great result for the boys against Penryn on Wednesday evening and through to the semi-final. I definitely wouldn't be saying "Bring on Perranwell" as they have proved over the years that they are capable of beating higher league teams, we haven't played Dobwalls yet and games against Newquay are always tough. Let's see what the draw brings us and looking forward to another trip to Penryn tomorrow to see if the Lillywhites can make it through to the Senior Cup semi-final! Hopefully Money Man will be wowing those at Poltair Park with a dazzling display against Pensilva tomorrow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::drink: :drink: