Cornwall Football Forum

SALTASH UNITED

Guest avidfollower

Guest avidfollower

If the rumours turn out to be true, there will be many changes at Saltash United in the near future. Having Danny Lewis already departed, Kenny Griffiths also leaving, there is also talk of the Management team changing at the end of the season.

When the current season began, there must have been great expectations for the Kimberley outfit. Sadly, the league title and and any cup hopes have disappeared.

So if there is to be a new manager for Saltash United, who is likely to head the list?

DAVE LEONARD?

STUART DUDLEY?

ROGER FICE?

BOBBY OATEN?

This is the second thread you have started with the title Saltash United , "Avid Follower" . Are you in the know at Saltash or just stiring it up a bit ?

or the four you have listed :

DAVE LEONARD? maybe Tiverton Town

STUART DUDLEY? staying at the mill

ROGER FICE? who knows ?

BOBBY OATEN? Elburton Villa

How about Kev Hendy manager of Saltash next season ?

BOBBY OATEN - do me a favour!!? Terrible to even mention his name! Absolutely useless!! Besides, someone mentioned Elburton Villa... so what's Scott Bamford done wrong all of a sudden?

According to an Elburton Player , Manager Scot Bamford is off at the end of the season but did not say why .

Guest avidfollower

J.C.B. , I am neither "in the know" or "stirring it".

From the rumours circulating, there will be a change in management for next season. One only has to chat to people involved in local football, to hear that changes are afoot.

Personally, given the performance of the team this season, a change is required.

• 3 weeks later...

Heard a few rumours yesterday at the Cornwall Senior Cup Final. Seems that Kevin Hendy is linking up with Gary Doel at Plymouth Parkway next season. Darren Gilbert could be on his way back to Liskeard too. Could that be a return to Kimberley Stadium for Leigh Cooper?

Have only seen Saltash United play a couple times this season, yes they are not the team they were. Several of the players are now very average. A couple seasons, one would have assumed Saltash United would have won lots of silverware and the players lots of medals. What has gone wrong? Surely the finance has been there, but with no return.

Heard a few rumours yesterday at the Cornwall Senior Cup Final. Seems that Kevin Hendy is linking up with Gary Doel at Plymouth Parkway next season. Darren Gilbert could be on his way back to Liskeard too. Could that be a return to Kimberley Stadium for Leigh Cooper?

Have only seen Saltash United play a couple times this season, yes they are not the team they were. Several of the players are now very average. A couple seasons, one would have assumed Saltash United would have won lots of silverware and the players lots of medals. What has gone wrong? Surely the finance has been there, but with no return.

Well you certainly like to put the cat amongst the pigeons. Its amazing what people will say to say at large gatherings. I am sure Bodmin, Saltash and Liskeard will not be happy with you.

just thought i would stick up for lee Doel i watched them against Elburton Villa and i thought he worked his bols off, and every time i have watched him he has, if parkway had a few more with his heart and work rate then thay would of got the result.bad day for the rest of them tho. just my opinon. :thumbsup:

Watching saltash this season i don't think its on the pitch it is the issue, it is indeed sadly off. our attack and defence can do with tweaking, as most teams can, but its more the direction, motivation and tactics that seem to be the teams downfall, so perhaps a fresh face will lift the club to where it should be!

I dont think Stuart would be inclinced to take the post i recon he will want to build on what he has already

Dave i would see being tempted but think he would want to step up the leagues perhaps

Fice very likely in my view

Oaten.... needs a lower job to start, so between him and Bunney for something like Elburton.

Though having mentioned it... Bunney at 100/1 outsider!! who knows haha!!

Watching saltash this season i don't think its on the pitch it is the issue, it is indeed sadly off. our attack and defence can do with tweaking, as most teams can, but its more the direction, motivation and tactics that seem to be the teams downfall, so perhaps a fresh face will lift the club to where it should be!

I dont think Stuart would be inclinced to take the post i recon he will want to build on what he has already

Dave i would see being tempted but think he would want to step up the leagues perhaps

Fice very likely in my view

Oaten.... needs a lower job to start, so between him and Bunney for something like Elburton.

Though having mentioned it... Bunney at 100/1 outsider!! who knows haha!!

dave leonards son has just broken into the first team at argyle. The reason behind dave stepping down is so he has more time to watch his son. so that would rule him out of the running.

Does roger fice want to manage in saturday football again??

Why does Oaten need a lower job, he was manager of st blazey not to long ago! you cant get much more high profile in local football.

I think this would be to big of a job for bunney at this stage, he has done well at millbrook in difficult circumstances, but the elburton job seems more of a natural progression for him...... then again a young fresh approach could be exactly what a club like saltash need after a stale few years

who knows !!!

HA HA hot rod red, JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SPICE IT UP ABIT,WHO EVER GETS IT AT ELBURTON THAY NEED TO GRAFT LIKE SCOTT HAS. YOU DONT THINK JEZ WOULD GET BACK INVOLVED MY OLD MATE ?.I HOPE STUART DUDLEY STAYS LOYAL AT TORPOINT THAY HAVE FOUND A TOP BLOKE UP THEIR NOW.FICE IS NAME BEEN PUT AROUND A BIT, HE HAS HIS CRITICTS BUT HE IS A WINNER, BUT THERE ALWAYS THE MONEY SIDE OF IT.WHO KNOWS ? <_<

Guest The Villa Man

Can't see Kevin Hendy leaving Saltash , there's alot of talk about Wayne taking over at Parkway but I was told he is Committed to Southy at Tavistock.

I think after the Parkway Result , Scott Bamford might do u-turn and Stay at Elburton