Cornwall Football Forum

Jobs available in Plymouth

didnt see that one comeing, been around as a player at higher level, great motivator your here him from miles away, Lol. and he did help Mark Jones at Millbrook near the end i think,so could that be his number two. gossip coming in fast :clapper: .great bloke wears his heart on his sleave.

what is the reason that Scott Bamford ( Elburton Villa ) and Dave Leonard ( Plymouth Parkway ) are leaving their clubs? they need a new challange or they got other jobs? I would've thought Scott would build on what he's built with basically nothing, and Dave has come close with a Trophy/ Vase Quarter final place and is going to finish well in the league.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Villa Man

What's Happening about these two jobs then ?

I see both teams played each other at the weekend and there were a number of Managers in the crowd , any ideas as to who will be getting the Jobs ?

Guest hot rod red

your way of the mark with hilson ravo !!! he has confirmed to tavi that he is staying with them . Not sure about your guess' for elburton either.

I can't see why Darren Edwards is in the running for the Elburton Job ,Elburton Villa are now an established middle of the table side under Scott Banford so to keep the club there , I would have thought they need a manager with a bit of experience who can work with a tiny playing budget . I'm gonna go for Mickey Hunt at Plymstock moving up the Road to Elburton .

How about Scott Banford for the Parkway or Saltash Jobs ( if the saltash one comes available ) or is he stopping managing all together . Nobody has put on here why he is leaving elburton only that he is standing down . :thumbsup:

i have been informed by several key members down elburton that there was 4 applicants, 1 of which IS was bobby oaten. I dont know the other 3 though as they didnt want to give the whole game away haha

As for the Saltash manager's position (i know its a different topic) having chatted with my mates on the comitee i think we will all be kept in the dark on that untill later in the season

• 2 weeks later...

There has been a lot of speculation recently regarding my Assistant Manager Wayne Hilson and the vacant Manager’s position at Plymouth Parkway.

As expected Wayne has decided to team up with Gez at Parkway next year, a club he has had a long association with. I fully understand and respect the reasons behind Wayne’s decision and would like to wish him well for the future, both on and off the field.

On a personal note I would like to say a big thank you to Wayne for his efforts and commitment to both myself and Tavistock AFC over the past season.

Now that we no longer have an interest in the Throgmorton Cup and cannot win the league we feel that now is the appropriate time to make such announcements

On this note all of us at Tavistock AFC are very much looking forward towards next season with great optimism and will be looking to try and bridge the gap between ourselves and the leagues top two sides (Bodmin and Buckland). We have a talented squad that is maturing all the time and with the right additions I am sure we will be in a real position to mount a challenge next year that we will sustain beyond April!

With our own management team set up I am delighted to announce that former Lambs favourite James Cole (Coco) will be returning to the area and he will be taking up the Assistant manager’s position. Since moving away from the area James has spent his time playing at Slimbridge and then took over the manager’s position when they withdrew from the Southern League in 2007. This was a very difficult time for Slimbridge but under Coco’s guidance they have won back to back promotions and currently sit top of the Hellenic Division West and look set for a return to the Hellenic Premier Division and have two cup finals to look forward to. Coco’s charisma and banter in the dressing room will be very welcome but there is also a very serious side to Coco when it comes to going about the business on the pitch and this is why I look forward to having him working alongside me next season.

It is also a big bonus for us to have the likes of Paul Smith and Robbie Pethick at the club and although both of them want to concentrate on playing for the foreseeable future, both Coco and I are delighted that they want to apply their vast knowledge and experience to the coaching side of things and they are already planning the pre season training at this moment in time.

Regards

Southy.