Cornwall Football Forum

A Big Thankyou

May I on behalf of myself and my family thank all the clubs for and the SWPL for the organisation of the 2010 Groundhop. I would like to extend my thanks to all of the home clubs who allowed me to set up the Charity Stall and made us feel welcome. Many thanks to Foxhole who dug out a nice gazebo but sadly we couldnt work out how to put it up, but it was good fun. The food at each ground was excellent. I have just PM'd Dave deacon and i will let him annouce how much the DVD sales made for this Forum as we agreed it went 50/50 with the proceeds to the running of the Cornish Forum and the CMFL Charity(the disabled children holiday centre in Skegness. I know Dave was at a couple of the matches but somehow missed him to give him a bag of loot, so hopefully i'll be able to meet up with him this week whilst i'm still down here or when i get home go to the bank and then write a cheque to him.

If I had to comment on each Home club I would say:(remember these are my views)

Falmouth: Very friendly welcome and nicely set up

Mousehole: 1st time I've ever heard of Chilli Con Carne for breakfast, but the coffee was lovely and gosh I was so close to winning a raffle prize, must give a special mention to the girl who ran her socks off all morning..well her green spotted wellies who I named Miss Mousehole..every club needs someone like her.

Hayle: lovely to see the Secretary who greeted me as he remembered me from geee was it really 5 years ago and the lady in the kitchen was cheerful whilst running off her feet. The raffle man who took me phone number..I'm still waiting for me phone call to say I've won that giant easter egg lol

Penzance: What lovely folks from the time we met them in the car park to the time we left..nice to put a face to a fellow facebooker as well Michelle..lovely to see the sec again.

Perranporth: possibly the biggest shock of the weekend...noooo not bacon cobs for breakfast which were grand and also the fine bacon and egg pie..well I did have to have 2 slices!..no it was meeting Len & Jean Robinson..old friends from our Arnold town FC days back in Nottingham..it was also good to meet Anita gibbins mum as well.

Godolphin: A very friendly welcome from the Chairlady and served very quickly..well I was first there lol

Foxhole Stars: Well they really was stars here..very well organised from the time I arrived to the time i left. The pork Cob was well yummmyyyy and i think you undercharged on them, the bacon pies we bought we have had for tea tonight.

SWPL: Well represented at all games and always found time to chat..well done folks on putting it all together..dont you just love it when a plan comes togeter..now who used to say that!

Finally well I had to meet her...my friend I first saw on her and then added her to my facebook and met on thursday as we gave her a lift to Falmouth and back to Newquay..Anita Gittens..what a lovely woman and hopefully a friend for years to come.

Again One big thankyou

gee you managed to spell my name wrong twice :D was lovely meeting you and family too, if you do get bored and come to newquay game on tuesday i'll get ya a pint :drink: oh and i heard about what you where saying to people down penzance friday night ;)

Midlandsman - a big THANK YOU for my Cornish Grounds DVD which I am eagerly waiting to watch after my return from England to Cornwall on Friday.

Glad you enjoyed your time West of the border - gutting that work got in the way of the ground hop for me, but that's the way of things.

As for your views on Falmouth - "very friendly welcome"? - not if you're a Blazey fan! "Nicely set up" - well used to be! One of the great grounds of Cornish football - now sadly practically derelict.

Many thanks again.

Midlandsman as a Falmouth supporter I would like to thank you for your comments, it's a shame that your thread will now be spoilt by Dan's lates outburst, you'll notice that earlier in the season Blazey used to keep harking on how well they were doing in the league, one look at the table and you will see why they have changed there topic of conversation to other teams grounds and programmes. Oh by the wat Anita I did see you at Bickland and would of said hallo but was deep in converstion with someone. You still running the line for anybody ?

Sorry if this spoils your thread Midlandsman but we at Bickland will always stand our ground..

Midlandsman as a Falmouth supporter I would like to thank you for your comments, it's a shame that your thread will now be spoilt by Dan's lates outburst, you'll notice that earlier in the season Blazey used to keep harking on how well they were doing in the league, one look at the table and you will see why they have changed there topic of conversation to other teams grounds and programmes. Oh by the wat Anita I did see you at Bickland and would of said hallo but was deep in converstion with someone. You still running the line for anybody ?

Sorry if this spoils your thread Midlandsman but we at Bickland will always stand our ground..

But you refuse to sort out your ground - health and safety nightmare!!

Dan Sorry, but I have great respect for you & your comments generally,

But you should have read my comments to Paul, Falmouth have started to carry out improvments to their ground which I agree are long over due, & that they have applied for an F A grant,

The Pitch At Falmouth is as good as any in the County if not better than a lot of them,

I am more than confident that the Falmouth Ground will be restored to it's former glory if not better, But Falmouth are not able to just produce money out of a hat, & will not go into debt just to fix all of the problems,

& as Python remarked the other day Falmouth suporters do not generally make unkind remarks on the forum about other clubs Grounds ,

so I ask you all to be patient I am sure that the Falmouth Town Officials are fully aware of what has to be done, & will get it done ASAP. so in the mean time let us all stick to the game of Football,

Hammers :c::angry2: :c:

Oh by the wat Anita I did see you at Bickland and would of said hallo but was deep in converstion with someone. You still running the line for anybody ?

I'll let ya off this once :D i'm sure i'll be down falmouth sometime soon:) i ref most sats now and if i dont have a game i'll help out on the line for anyone who wants me :D

Dan Sorry, but I have great respect for you & your comments generally,

But you should have read my comments to Paul, Falmouth have started to carry out improvments to their ground which I agree are long over due, & that they have applied for an F A grant,

The Pitch At Falmouth is as good as any in the County if not better than a lot of them,

I am more than confident that the Falmouth Ground will be restored to it's former glory if not better, But Falmouth are not able to just produce money out of a hat, & will not go into debt just to fix all of the problems,

& as Python remarked the other day Falmouth suporters do not generally make unkind remarks on the forum about other clubs Grounds ,

so I ask you all to be patient I am sure that the Falmouth Town Officials are fully aware of what has to be done, & will get it done ASAP. so in the mean time let us all stick to the game of Football,

Hammers :c::angry2::c:

Fantastic news to hear things are moving forward and apologies for any offence caused!!