Cornwall Football Forum

Promotion to Premier Division?

When the CSWPL began in 2007-08 I think 7 clubs were without floodlights and at this moment in time only Ivybridge are yet to install.

I understand this will soon be in place at Erme Valley.

The only other club in the Premier without lights are newly promoted Bovey Tracey.

In that time clubs that have progressed with lights are-Witheridge,Elburton Villa,Dartmouth,Buckland Athletic,Newton Abbot Spurs and Torpont Athletic.

From what I have heard of the top four clubs in Div.West Newquay have lights, St.Austell and Hayle have planning in place leaving Perranporth not in position for promotion.

Instead of trying to draw out some controversy over the issue, why dont you contact the league and get the answer - after all you are the one that is asking the question. How do the vast majority on this site know the answer.

Oh dear!

Firstly - what on earth is controversial about me asking the question?

Secondly - not only have I posted on this Forum, but I have also done so on the CSWPL Forum.

Thirdly - the League have got more important things to do

Fourthly - You'll be surprised how many people read this forum and therefore the "vast majority" might well know the official answer

and Lastly - I take it you don't know! :thumbsup:

Posted yesterday by Phil Hiscox on the SWPL Forum

Ground inspections are being conducted at present. Any club who has applied and passing the ground grading visit who then finishes 1st in their division will be promoted. If the 1st placed club does not qualify then the team finishing in 2nd will be promoted on the same conditions.

Have active planning permission in full and in place is part of the ground grading process for any club hoping to provide any facilities that are not currently in situ.

Dispensation can only be granted where such permission is in place and an undertaking given to go down the route of Football Foundation funding and the involvement not just with the league but also the FA regional facilities manager who has to be satisfied that a club development plan is sufficiently strong enough to justify dispensation being granted.

Dispensation can only be given for capital projects that are reqd at the higher level and over and above the facilities reqd for the step a club is currently playing in. As well as lights this can include ground enclosure, seated stands and dressing room re-developments.