Cornwall Football Forum

Perranporth Crowned SWPL W Champions

Guest newbie

its an awesome achievment really! to win 2 consecutive leagues but then i spose having players with the ability and experiance like gossy,harry and rusty goes a long way!! hope they do get promoted!

Yes well done to Perranporth on winning the title but regrettably no promotion for them.

This is because from what I gather, Perranporth were given two years dispensation to do the work (ie covered accommodation, hard standing and away changing rooms). It had to have completed this work before being allowed to be promoted again. Perranporth have not done this work and the concern now should probably be ensuring they get that work done in the next eleven months as surely otherwise their continued membership of the SWPL could be in doubt.

Yes well done to Perranporth on winning the title but regrettably no promotion for them.

This is because from what I gather, Perranporth were given two years dispensation to do the work (ie covered accommodation, hard standing and away changing rooms). It had to have completed this work before being allowed to be promoted again. Perranporth have not done this work and the concern now should probably be ensuring they get that work done in the next eleven months as surely otherwise their continued membership of the SWPL could be in doubt.

Was that an attempt at hard-standing that I saw down there yesterday? If so I can see a lot of personal injury claims on the horizon!

A big day for the club yesterday against a very competent Plymstock side that didn't come and roll over and in fact could have been 2-0 up as early as the first 15 minutes. And it wasn't good for me to take gossy off after 75 minutes as he's too excited when he's in the dugout :yahoo:

It is a big achievement for a small village club to win such a big league its just disapointing that they cant take their promotion, in hindsight perhaps the work should have been started around christmas when it looked as if the team may be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Smudge the paving was mentioned yesterday but i was told that a few of the committee started at 8am sunday morning after a very heavy saturday night and evrything looked level to them :clapper:

The club hope to have the new changing rooms, refs room, hardstanding and covered stand in place before the start of next season.

Congratulations to Perranporth - it's a terrific achievement to win the division at the first attempt! As a St Austell supporter I have to admit that I had my fingers crossed for an end of season wobble, but to be honest it's looked inevitable for quite a while. Well done again to all involved at the club.