Cornwall Football Forum

people ruining football

Guest fat controller

Guest fat controller

Having been a professional footballer for approx 17 years I find myself constantly getting extremely annoyed at the poor level of officiating in the south west premier league. I currently play for Launceston FC, a club I have an extreme amount of time for with people who work on matchdays simply because they love the place. We have local lads who don't want to play for anyone else because they also love the club. I play simply because I love playing football but at a recent game away to Bodmin I found myself being red carded after the final whistle simply because the officials were bad beyond belief. Most of the players at this level play because they love playing football but there are a few un-named individuals who think they are the dogs b-llo--s. Most of the lads work hard at their day jobs and look forward to letting off a bit of steam for 90 mins,having a beer and a laugh but when officials start thinking the 90 mins is all about them I am shocked to say that it really does make me wonder why players bother. For a linesman to give offside from a throw-in and to give offside when there is a goalmouth scramble and for officials to generally make PATHETIC decisions beggars belief. If you could get away with knocking some of these fellas out I'm sure most players would!!! For football at this level to be constantly ruined by officials who haven't kicked a f---ing ball in their life is beyond belief!! STOP RUINING OUR FOOTBALL BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!

Fat controller i'm a 100% behind you. The refs club think there untoucable they make a mistake and nobody is allowed to say anythink about it. At Falmouth on Saturday against Buckland the ball clearly went out straight in front of the manager Alan Carey the linesman did'nt give it ! and it resulted in Buckland scoring, of course Alan lost it and went to him and in a loud way pointed out he'd made a terrible mistake. The end result as normal linesman waves his flag ref comes over and sends Alan to the stand. Did the linesman or the ref come upto the manager after the game and appologise for making a mistake of course not, they pick up there pay packet and disapear into the little refs club, for more discusions on the shortage of refs, while players and managers sweat on the fine and how long they will be out for. Having watched Falmouth most of the season the standard is getting worse and when you pay £4 to watch football you don't need refs being the centre of attention.

STOP RUINING OUR FOOTBALL BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!

FAT CONTROLLER....

You have opened a can of worms again.

Its a players view against the oficials view and by the end of the day i am certain there will referee's coming on here defending there colleagues to an extent it's back to you/players are at fault.

I recently got sent off by a young man(19yrs old) barely been refereeing for two seasons and one of the opposition players jumped in with both feet against my right back.

The only thing i said to the referee that that it was a high/dangerous tackle and he had to go in the book.

He's reply was yes he is so are you and your player...all three of us sent off...Both players got 35days and £35 fine and i got £83 fine and no ban!!!

It was even put to me by the referee that if i accepted my red card then he would reduce the players to yellows :SM_carton:

I write to Barry Cudmore and all of his merry men expressing my anger and how unfit this guy is to ref....guess what...no reply just the fine in the post.

Well done CCFA.

Inconsistency with ref's beggars belief.

I for one report on every ref after every game good or bad. I must admit that of late we have had some decent ref,s (last 8 games)

Went and watched Lanreath v Bere Alston last night, don't know who the referee was, but a shocker he had after 60mins and ruined a very good game that both teams can play football.

Refs do make mistakes,as do players.The difference now is if a player is incorrectly sent off he can not realisticaly appeal.This can affect players financially and also mean they can miss important games like finals at this time of the season.They need to be 100% sure before dismissing players and i know this is,nt always the case.Respect works both ways :unsure:

i agree handsome dan, i was involved in the foxhole v camelford game yesterday and we (camelford) had a player sent off for a tackle for being the last man, the striker was going away from goal, the tackle was fractionally late, i was covering inside yet the ref sent him off, there was also no obvious goalscoring opportunity either, it was an awful decision, we wont appeal because the refs never change there mind and accept they are wrong, now are lad will have to pay a fine and be banned for a foul that was only a yellow card if anything, he will now miss matches next year that may prove costly for us as he is a massive player for us.

the ref seemed to try and send a message to the players by booking a foxhole player early, but then kept going, we had a player booked for dribbling away with the ball but one of the opponents team nearly kicked the ball to nanpean but no card was shown, where is the consistancy in that?? i'm not blaming the players, who kept there discipline quite well considering,

this isnt the same for all refs, we have had some very good refs this season but they do seem to be few and far between nowadays

Goldeneye why do you ask this question? are you going down the old line off you should't say anythink about refs because you would't do the job yourself.Mate that is so out of date and its only refs that use that line nowadays.Why don't we just sort out the problem with the officials, so they get it right on the day.And stop ruining football.

Guest Monty

Goldeneye why do you ask this question? are you going down the old line off you should't say anythink about refs because you would't do the job yourself.Mate that is so out of date and its only refs that use that line nowadays.Why don't we just sort out the problem with the officials, so they get it right on the day.And stop ruining football.

We the officials are doing a impossible job because we are damned if we dont and damned if we do, every official has a way of officiating a game and not all to the liking of players, fans etc etc but we carry on doing it because some of us actually enjoy it. We are only human but thinking about it if you are not happy and you think you can make a difference then why dont you take up the whistle because 7000 referees give up each year due to this kind of topic and it just isnt fair, and if you really are not happy then channel your comments to the right authority and not on here. :unsure:

Python, I would just really like to know why so few players take up refereeing when they stop playing?

Perhaps you would like to reply to my point mate, unless answering a genuine question is so 'out of date'! :rolleyes: