Cornwall Football Forum

Alan Carey suspended from all football

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

Alan Carey has been suspended by Cornwall FA from all football with immediate effect following allegations of assaults against an official during and after Falmouth's game against Buckland.

He can attend tonight's game at Buckland, but only as a spectator. He cannot go in the dressing room or in the dugout area.

Full story on www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/sport

Alan Carey has been suspended by Cornwall FA from all football with immediate effect following allegations of assaults against an official during and after Falmouth's game against Buckland.

He can attend tonight's game at Buckland, but only as a spectator. He cannot go in the dressing room or in the dugout area.

... and no doubt the CCFA will ignore all supporting evidence that Mr Carey will provide, Mr Deacon has already publically stated that there was nothing but verbals.

According to the CCFA/FA punishment lists, Mr Carey if found guilty will face a longer ban that the St Austell player who only attacked a spectator... thou shalt not touch an official, if one does, thou shall be confined to Drakes Circus every Saturday for a bloody long time.

Good luck Mr Carey, you are going to need it.

... and no doubt the CCFA will ignore all supporting evidence that Mr Carey will provide, Mr Deacon has already publically stated that there was nothing but verbals.

According to the CCFA/FA punishment lists, Mr Carey if found guilty will face a longer ban that the St Austell player who only attacked a spectator... thou shalt not touch an official, if one does, thou shall be confined to Drakes Circus every Saturday for a bloody long time.

Good luck Mr Carey, you are going to need it.

And Mr Carey had the cheek to have a go at me because I mentioned a poor program and some areas of the ground were needing a bit of repair!! :lol:

Well after reading the full report on the link, although I can't speak for what might have happened in the clubhouse after, there was absolutely no way that the following is true ............"Mr Carey is alleged to have pushed a referee’s assistant in the last minute of the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League premier division game after a controversial goal for the South Devon visitors which gave them a 3-1 victory."

It was always going to be a contentious moment as soon as Buckland scored from a move that involved the ball possibly going out of play. Alan was as close to the ball and the touchline as anyone, which was why I purposely made a point of watching how Alan reacted. Yes he waved a finger at the official as he was telling him that the ball was out of play, but no way whatsoever did he touch the guy! :wacko:

Paul, Do not be stupid, the Ground & programm has nothing to do with whatever happened at the match,

as you know the pitch is one of the best in the County, you also know that Falmouth Have plans to get the ground up to a better standard,

& the manager is quite entitled to defend his club from the sort of remarks that you make,

also do you know the full story, i would guess that you do not, I am sure that even Alan Carey is big enough to defend himself against these charges, & even to take whatever punishment given if found guilty,

when you make your sort of remarks you are not only attacking Alan Carey you are having a go at all of the Falmouth fans,

even St Blazey do not have the finances that they had a few years ago, & Falmouth are the same, & can only do things as they can afford to do them without going into debt,

so Paul lay off Falmouth .

Hammers :c::angry2: :c:

Paul, Do not be stupid, the Ground & programm has nothing to do with whatever happened at the match,

as you know the pitch is one of the best in the County, you also know that Falmouth Have plans to get the ground up to a better standard,

& the manager is quite entitled to defend his club from the sort of remarks that you make,

also do you know the full story, i would guess that you do not, I am sure that even Alan Carey is big enough to defend himself against these charges, & even to take whatever punishment given if found guilty,

when you make your sort of remarks you are not only attacking Alan Carey you are having a go at all of the Falmouth fans,

even St Blazey do not have the finances that they had a few years ago, & Falmouth are the same, & can only do things as they can afford to do them without going into debt,

Hammers :c::angry2::c:

Hammers, seriously, you need to get a sence of humour man. You think every man and his dog has a problem with Falmouth when the truth is, most dont give a dam. I havnt said Alan did anything so stop hinting that I have!! Get a grip man. :angry2:

Hammers :c::angry2::c:

Get on Hammers, you are becoming more of a joke with every post. Paul made perfectly reasonable comments about the state of Bickland Park (which is now the most run down ground in the league since Clyst's departure) and the sorry excuse for a programme, only to be shouted down by Falmouth's manager.

Agree that Bickland Park is not what it used to be, but we all suffer with age. The pitch however, is awful (I was there Tuesday night), there are plenty better surfaces in Div 1 W and the Combo league.

Anyway, back to Mr Carey. I would urge anyone who saw the incident, to provide a written statement to Mr Carey and copy it to CCFA in Bodmin (large print may be necessary). Mr Carey can take heart that, if he appeals, The FA do have some common sense.

Dave The Rave..

guessing falmouth's expenses is quite high, but probably not the highest.

would be great to see a league table based on expenses paid in relation to the final table. this way you can see the teams that have achieved and under achieved???????

YES - WOULD BE NICE TO SEE BUCKLAND IN A RELEGATION DOG FIGHT !!

No Paul not every man & his dog, but you & Dan do love to run down Falmouth Town as much as you can, & whenever you can,

I have never said that Falmouth do not have Problems, Yes The Programm could be better, I do not have control over that matter, yes the Ground needs a lot of work doing, but as you should Know these things cost money, & Falmouth are not going to get into debt just simply to put things right.

I do know that if Falmouth get the FA grant, the ground will once again become one of the best in the County,

I believe that bearing in mind where Falmouth Town were at the begining of the season the club have done well to finish hopfully in third place,

I also seem to remeber that you Dan predicted that St Blazey were going to win the league,

we will say no more about that, but in a former comment to you I just said that I look forward to the two great Cornish clubs meeting again next year,

& finally I think that knowing what great St Blazey Fans you both are, you would also defend your club if comments that you thought were not altogether fair were made, we all know that Managers sometimes get a bit hot under the collar, & I am sure that Alan Carey would be the first to admit it,

Hammers :c::glare: :c:

GOOD STUFF BAYLO87. MAYBE YOU COULD START THE TABLE!

WHERE HONESTLY WOULD BUCKLAND BE,AS YOUR IMPLYING THE EXPENSES ARE QUITE LOW AT YOUR CLUB. IF THEY ARE, THEN IT REALLY IS A MASSIVE ACHIEVEMENT WHAT BUCKLAND AND YOURSELF HAVE DONE.

IT IS A MASSIVE ACHIEVEMENT. I THINK WE WOULD BE 14TH IN THE LEAGUE.

Agree that Bickland Park is not what it used to be, but we all suffer with age. The pitch however, is awful (I was there Tuesday night), there are plenty better surfaces in Div 1 W and the Combo league.

Anyway, back to Mr Carey. I would urge anyone who saw the incident, to provide a written statement to Mr Carey and copy it to CCFA in Bodmin (large print may be necessary). Mr Carey can take heart that, if he appeals, The FA do have some common sense.

I have tried very hard to improve the pitch at Falmouth. It is a challenge and a half but i feel it has improved in the last season compared to what it was like. There is much improvement to take place on the pitch to get it to the high standard i want. I will continue plugging away and always learning new stuff and if given the opportunity and time I am hopeful the effort will pay off.

The pitch has many disadvantages compared to better pitches such as low lying, soil type, overall natural drainage e.t.c

It also makes me laugh when people slagg of a football pitch at the end of the season, WHEN WE HAVE HAD A TERRIBLE WINTER! Believe me there are many professional clubs with less grass left than Bickland Park!

Im sorry i have diversed from the topic of this thread, but felt i needed to comment.

The first two pictures were taken last April 2009:

These last two pictures are from a few weeks ago:

Don't take it personally Mark.

I had the pleasure of playing on Bickland Park on a fair few occasions a few years back and again recently in a charity match.

The ground is better now than it was back then, still plenty of grass and no weeds any more. All grounds are hard and bobbly right now due to a lack of rain and that includes Newquay's where my 6th form team played on Tuesday. Their grass was cut really well and it's clear their groundsman has done a brilliant job this year...but it was still rock hard and all the players struggled to gain control of the ball at times.It is the end of a long hard season after all.

Keep on doing a great job at Bickland mate, word gets about that you're one of the new breed of young up and coming groundsmen.

I would just like to say that the Falmouth pitch looked very good when we visited over the groundhop weekend. The pitch always looks flat at Falmouth but the surface looked very good to. When i said the place looked tired i meant the areas around the pitch. Ive been slated by some on here for saying that and that its a dig at Falmouth but even though I support St Blazey, i dont want to see other clubs going to ruins. To be honest, St Blazeys pitch has recovered well in the last few weeks and on wednesday night looked quite good. As for the areas around the pitch, they to looked in need of a good tidy up before it all gets out of control. Its alot to look after I no and its certainly not a one man job thats for sure. Maybe everyone needs someone like the gentleman at Liskeard whos 70 years old, retired and looks after the Liskeard pitch and the ground for nothing but his own pride. The pitch looked stunning the other night, best ive ever seen it there and anyone who wants to play football would love to play on that quality surface.

I know this is off the original thread but I would like to echo Paul's comments on the Lux Park pitch (it's nice to know it's appreciated and noticed by visiting supporters). Guessing 80(ish) games have been played on it this season and it looks superb! 99.9% of the work done on it is carried out by our groundsman Burt and I for one can't thank him enough.

Without the likes of him clubs like us do not exist and after the winter we have had he has worked nothing short of a miracle!! If there is any justice in this world his efforts will be recognised at the Leagues end of season dinner - here's hoping and thanks again Burt!!!

Dave The Rave..

guessing falmouth's expenses is quite high, but probably not the highest.

would be great to see a league table based on expenses paid in relation to the final table. this way you can see the teams that have achieved and under achieved???????

Well that would prob be the same in every division in the land!!

See Chelsea's wages through the way down!! i bet the the top earners are above the rest!!! :c:

Don't take it personally Mark.

I had the pleasure of playing on Bickland Park on a fair few occasions a few years back and again recently in a charity match.

The ground is better now than it was back then, still plenty of grass and no weeds any more. All grounds are hard and bobbly right now due to a lack of rain and that includes Newquay's where my 6th form team played on Tuesday. Their grass was cut really well and it's clear their groundsman has done a brilliant job this year...but it was still rock hard and all the players struggled to gain control of the ball at times.It is the end of a long hard season after all.

Keep on doing a great job at Bickland mate, word gets about that you're one of the new breed of young up and coming groundsmen.

Absolutely right Tommy , Mark has been doing a great job at Bickland and the pitch is getting better season after season and im sure when he gets it drill seeded again soon this time next year it will look even better, How long ago did we last see grass in the goalmouth and penalty area . take no notice of rubbish talk Mark you are doing the club a brilliant service