Cornwall Football Forum

thinking they are better than they are

Guest fat controller

Guest fat controller

As another season comes to an end, I find myself wondering why SO SO many players pulling on their 100 quid boots at this level, think they are superstars. It is hilarious how they strutt around giving it the big un and being all chirpy and big time, yet not really having a f---ing clue!!! I am probably coming across as an old moaning p---k but as someone who has played the game professionally most of my life, I know who has talent and who doesn't. I knew wat I could do when playing and I never tried being someone I knew I couldn't be but at this level it winds me up how lads getting how ever much they're getting to play f---ing park football, insist on thinking they are the dogs b---ocks!! I suggest those out there who think I'm talking about them(and believe me,ur everywhere lads)take a good look at themselves and face facts: you play at this level either because you weren't good enough to play any higher,released from a local pro club for being s--t or like me,GETTING ON A BIT!!!Lads like me who have played at a good level get infuriated at players who give it the 'BIG TIME CHARLIE'!! You play this level because thats as good as its gonna get for most of you so I suggest you start realising that,stop giving it large and start actually trying to enjoy kicking a bag of wind around for 90 mins, hav a beer and look forward to work the next day!!!! I look forward to the responses and hope people think I'm being a d--k but as an ex pro its something I had to get off my chest. This level football has a serious side, of coures, everybody wants to win but STOP SAYING COULD HAVE,SHOULD HAVE, WOULD HAVE cos believe me, U AINT EVA GONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is good for Cornish football!! Ex pro's coming down to play is awesome!! We can still learn off them even if they are so called 'past it'?? Playing against players such as Wayne Quinn, Justin Harrington etc is GOOD TEKKERS!!!! :thumbsup:

Blimey,someone is very upset about something!

Just a little concerned, You tell us all on many occasion's you were an Ex Pro? I don't think your an Ex Pro at all!

I do not know of any established Ex Pro who has played the game for any length of period to make crass remarks like you have!

You can be released at a young age at a local club for any reason, Lets just hope they don't come any where near you after that though!

Many players have gone on to have long careers in the Pro game after being released at an early age.

Would be very interested in just who you played for and just how many games you played over how many season's!

Oh and by the way, just in case i have it completely wrong and you are one of only a handful of what I would call Ex Pro's playing down here, then I am very disappointed in you letting the side down like your outburst certainly does.

As it happens you are correct in the assumption there are so many players who think they are far better then they are, but so what, you get that every where, in every standard right up to the very top! I think you might even fall into that category yourself Mr Fat Controller!!

Hope you start to enjoy your football once again

Best Wishes

Mass

fat controller - I agree that there are some egos floating around, but to me, your post suggests that you seem more frustrated at yourself not being being able to play at your desired level anymore??? Maybe i'm wrong, but from the manner in which you expressed your views in your post i think it hints that you seem like a very very angry person...just my perception!

Maybe try scented candles and a bath tonight...

...it could ease the pain???

Guest MAFC-rb

i dont think its quite like that, players just want a better standard football to be played and moan because if theyve played at higher levels then they compare it which is fair enough but SWPL clubs do well enough with the resources they have. Many players have been in and around league clubs at some level and many youth players come from lower league outfits and end up playin in the swpl if they live down this part, i have played in this league and also higher. The moans you hear from some players down here is nothing trust me, noone i have come across thinks theyre big time, just arrogant and ignorant

Fat controller.............. Have the backbone to tell us who you are, IF your are / were that good, we then can make a sound judgement on your comments. You say you knew how good / bad you were, you only stopped playing because you are getting on a bit!! Its for other to judge how good you were / or not as the case may be. The only one at the moment saying you were good is................ YOU

Take the trumpet out of your .........(where the sun don't shine). :SM_carton:

Oh Dear Fat Controller what A BIG CHIP you have on your Shoulder

You cannot even put something on the Forum without using such

bad language I believe that you need the Summer to cool down,

& I agree with the other comments on this Forum, tell us who you

are, Or are you a fake,Sorry Fat Controller you get a Red Card :SM_carton:

Hammers :c::yahoo: :c: