Cornwall Football Forum

BUCKLAND DO THE DOUBLE

Buckland Athletic sealed a well deserved double against Holsworthy at The Upcott Field this afternoon.

After totally commanding the first half and having three.. Yes three blatant penatlies turned down, they eventually sealed an empathtic win.

I would like to thank Baylo, Jamie, JP and Willo (who I say has been a most excellent Captain ) for an excellent season and especially the Team !..And what a talented superb Team it is !!! And I would like to declare a "HANDS OFF" to those who think they can pillage our squad !

Highs for me ? Well of course winning the double but coming from behind on Wed night against Falmouth.

lows ? The 1 -1 at Bovey ( The Gaffers got it totally wrong ! ) Bovey were dire and we matched them !

Excellent coverage as always from BBC Radio Cornwall (Puts BBC Devon to shame ), with interviews with , Jamie, Baylo and Willo.

HERE

JP ? Its in the last 1/4 BTW ! Just slide the slider along.

Also nice to hear Darren Gilbert complimenting Buckland !

You know ? ...Football is a very passionate game , especially for us supporters who follow our teams both home and away..Right Dan and Paul ? And we often post, say,shout and chant things we dont really mean, but I must say the standard in this league is exceptional and long may it continue, and I would also like to thank Mark Hayman and Phil Hiscox who I aso think run the league superbly :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Very last post from me I promise,but would like to say what an excellent forum this is. :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Congratulations to Buckland. Fantastic achievement. :clapper: My tip for the title during pre season. For me, Buckland have raised the bar when it comes to the standard off the field which in turn has reflected on the field. When you visit their tidy ground, you have the new stand, lovely clubhouse, really good programme and its all be down to hard work from the people who love the club. So a big well done, the challenge is there for the rest of the SWPL clubs to not only push them and take away their silveware, but follw in their example off the field and make this SWPL a real success. Looking forward to next season already. :c:

Very last post from me I promise,but would like to say what an excellent forum this is

Very last ever? If so - why? You should want to be part of the Forum that everyone in local football reads. It's amazing when I'm at a game how many people you hear talking about items they read on here. We all need to keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Just got back home from Holsworthy, what a day,

Buckland started by kicking up the hill. and scored early doors through Gavin, but Holsworthy were not going to lie down, and give us the championship.

They equalised 2 mins later with a own goal that looped over Monty and into the net.

The Buckland faithful thought it was not going to be their day, but a half time team talk by the out going manager must have had the desired effect with Buckland getting 3 quick goals in the first 10 mins of the second half and the game was over.News came through from Witheridge that they were 3 0 down but they would have had to score 6 more goals which they failed to achieve.Buckland went onto score 2 more goals and win 6 1 and the celebrations started at the final whistle. Buckland fans joined the players on the pitch and celebrated together.

About 50 -60 travelling fans made the journey up to North Devon. who witneessed the 1st Devon winners of the trophy.

The trophies were presented by the league officials , and a few drinks have been consumed since then stopping at various pubs on the way home.

Just got in. the players have carried on in town and they have deserved winning the title and completing the double.

Well done lads very proud tonight to be a Buckland fan.

Yellow ARMY

Congratulattions to our friends at Buckland Athletic for doing the league and cup double from everyone at Witheridge AFC. :thumbsup::clapper::thumbsup:

Thanks N.D.D. We were in constant contact with someone at Withy throughout, they even phoned one of us back a couple of times with the latest score. At the end, one of your officials came on the line and spoke to my mate to congratulate us.