Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 2nd Team

With the news that Ian Gosling retiring, I guess that long lasting rumour needs to be put to bed! What is happening with truro reserves next season?

Will they get a new man in ??? or is Andy Ball going to keep the job??? With the first team playing at a higher standard now is it in the clubs interest to give the 2nd team some resources to get them into the SWPL Premier???

Guest MAFC-rb

i think and hope the Truro reserves can and should be able to build over the next few seasons and considering that Truro 1st team are in step 3 of football realistically a bit more in terms of resources should enable the reserves to push a bit more in the SWPL 1W. with the ground and set up i would like to see them higher in the league in a few seasons

Guest MAFC-rb

haha now now fellas i only mentioned it, like you said mr swiggs they should try and challenge and get to the SWPL Prem some time in the next few seasons with the right people. I am a free agent till i sign any forms lol not ruling out anything

Guest MAFC-rb

lol swings and roundabouts my friend, only throwing it up in the air to see where it lands. Doors open and close all the time

Guest Ex Pro Footballer

Ive been told they have offered the job to a Manager in Plymouth and Andy Ball to stay to be his number 2.

Was told they want the Plymouth manager to bring some good young players with him and Andy Ball to chase good young players around the truro area.

Ive been told they have offered the job to a Manager in Plymouth and Andy Ball to stay to be his number 2.

Was told they want the Plymouth manager to bring some good young players with him and Andy Ball to chase good young players around the truro area.

I was told that andy was staying as manager and he was bringing in someone from plymouth to be his number 2 ?

have to wait for a statement from the club

Guest MAFC-rb

a few of these statements possibly arent too far from the truth and when i spoke to certain people it was stated that andy ball is 99% staying at truro next season however im sure the club will make a statement about if he stays and who his number 2 will be. Mr unorthadox i am just going to enjoy a quiet couple of months and then contact the people back and see about next season. Gingers ey ;) lol

a few of these statements possibly arent too far from the truth and when i spoke to certain people it was stated that andy ball is 99% staying at truro next season however im sure the club will make a statement about if he stays and who his number 2 will be. Mr unorthadox i am just going to enjoy a quiet couple of months and then contact the people back and see about next season. Gingers ey ;) lol

99%, dodgy facts there.

a few of these statements possibly arent too far from the truth and when i spoke to certain people it was stated that andy ball is 99% staying at truro next season however im sure the club will make a statement about if he stays and who his number 2 will be.

MAFC-rb you seem to be very knowlegdeable on Truro, do you have anything to shed light on the subject!?

Guest Robbie

Thankyou Modfather, yes we're back. Looking forward to assembling a squad that will hopefully push for promotion. It won't be easy, as there are a number of good sides in this league, but would love to be able to take on the Falmouth's, Bodmin's & Blazey's again next year! We've missed the banter, but we're back larger (literally) than life! :smiley20:

Guest Robbie

Thanks Kev, always a pleasure to see you too mate. I'm sure they'll be two good games. All the best for next season to you guys at Gala Park, I dare say Spanner will be watching Truro a fair bit now as well, so you'll have the three of us to put up with Kev!! :drink:

Thanks Kev, always a pleasure to see you too mate. I'm sure they'll be two good games. All the best for next season to you guys at Gala Park, I dare say Spanner will be watching Truro a fair bit now as well, so you'll have the three of us to put up with Kev!! :drink:

Stevo, Mouse said he can still do a job for you at No5.

Guest Robbie

In his day, he'd have been the first name on the sheet Shrew, mind you he's probably still better than a lot you'll see now mate! ;)

So, who got the job then Mr.T ? Mr Ball was convinced he had the job when I spoke to him personally earlier this month.

:D:P Gareth sorry to seem so smug but i heard this was on the cards a while ago. Rob+Les good luck for next season. :drink: :ninja: