Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell AND ST Blazey Biggest fan base

Be interesting to see who will have the biggest crowd tommorrow.

I prefer it when we are at home and Blazey are away and i reckon that is the thoughts of St Blazey to as there are many who support local football and watch both teams, tomorrow they will have to mke a decision.

Anyway I reckon we will have a crowd of around 150/180 for tomorrows game at Poltair.

Any idea of what the Green and blacks will get.

Over the past couple of seasons the ave gate has been close between the two sides yet AFC St Austell were in a lower league so my opinion is the the Lillywhites should come out on top.

Regards

Money Man

Everyone praises Phil for getting the fixtures out before the last season has ended, or so it seems. Yet as soon as the season starts so do the moans.

There are 4,000+ Plymouth supporters from Cornwall who travel up the A38 every other week to watch them slide towards the BSq Prem, perhaps all of us should be trying to attract some of those, Blazey would have the advantage of colours.

Real football fans will go and watch a game not involving their side, but only when their side are not playing. No point claiming 12 Foxes or floating fans in the Bay area. Do Blazey count the 6 Newquay fans who watched them v Witheridge ? Do Godolphin count the 50 or so Newquay fans who go when neither the SWPL or Combo sides are playing ?

I look forward to seeing the 250 Godolphin and 750 Newquay fans at the ONLY game in Cornwall on Boxing Day, I'm sure some might even watch other clubs on occasions.

Be interesting to see who will have the biggest crowd tommorrow.

I prefer it when we are at home and Blazey are away and i reckon that is the thoughts of St Blazey to as there are many who support local football and watch both teams, tomorrow they will have to mke a decision.

Moneyman, as your club will be opening the clubhouse and will I'm sure invite many of your sponsors, do you think a fair reflection can be made?

Good luck to you all for the hard work that has gone on.

And if you think about it St Austell were home to Dartmouth last week so most of the neutral fans arnt really going to want to see Dartmouth again. So with Austell, Foxhole and Blazey all being home most wont choose Blazey as they have Dartmouth and choose Foxhole or St Austell instead!

Attendence at St Blazey v Dartmouth - 88

Hopefully next season more thought will be given to the fixtures so that clashes are avoided! :thumbsup:

Thanks

Blazey Boy

And if you think about it St Austell were home to Dartmouth last week so most of the neutral fans arnt really going to want to see Dartmouth again. So with Austell, Foxhole and Blazey all being home most wont choose Blazey as they have Dartmouth and choose Foxhole or St Austell instead!

Hopefully next season more thought will be given to the fixtures so that clashes are avoided! :thumbsup:

Thanks

Blazey Boy

I think Mr Hiscocks has a bit more on his mind when arranging fixtures for THE WHOLE LEAGUE aswell as taking into account cup matches to be thinking OMG lets put Blazey and St Austell home on different weekends so we can see who gets the bigger crowds.

Some people seemed obsessed with crowd sizes on this forum is it really that important?????

Thanks

Blazey Boy

I think Mr Hiscocks has a bit more on his mind when arranging fixtures for THE WHOLE LEAGUE aswell as taking into account cup matches to be thinking OMG lets put Blazey and St Austell home on different weekends so we can see who gets the bigger crowds.

Some people seemed obsessed with crowd sizes on this forum is it really that important?????

Got to agree with you there NDD - totally impractical to ensure St Blazey and St Austell are never at home on the same day. I don't think it's a bad thing that there is high quality, step 6 football being playing at both St Austell and St Blazey on the same day. It raises the profile of football in mid-Cornwall.

As for the crowds debate, what really matters is the results, and that went our way yesterday.

I notice all the talk on here from St Austell "fans" was before the game and very little since.

I wonder how much the Bobby Oaten decision will come back to haunt them.

Got to agree with you there NDD - totally impractical to ensure St Blazey and St Austell are never at home on the same day. I don't think it's a bad thing that there is high quality, step 6 football being playing at both St Austell and St Blazey on the same day. It raises the profile of football in mid-Cornwall.

As for the crowds debate, what really matters is the results, and that went our way yesterday.

I notice all the talk on here from St Austell "fans" was before the game and very little since.

I wonder how much the Bobby Oaten decision will come back to haunt them.

As a player who has played for both, do you not think with your record of playing for many others puts you in a position to have such an opinion.

B Oaten was someone who wanted to make a club into a CLUB. Once again the players 'talked' and decisions were made. Glynn Rowett, Steve Burt, Bobby Oaten and Andy Dingle, when you all decide change is right.!!

So am I not allowed an opinion?

why shouldnt nanks be allowed an opinion? everyone else has theres, and how was bobby oaten going to turn us into a club when we already are one? and dingers is still manager of the team he never went anywere! so you got that one wrong on the so called 'players talk'!