Cornwall Football Forum

THINGS GO FROM BAD TO WORSE

I had family commitments tonight, so unable to travel up to Dartmouth. Glad I didn't really. I received a lengthy phone call from a good friend with both the result and a report of the game. Two nil up early in the first half, to a Dartmouth team who were, I'm told, "totally clueless".

So how did "the ashes" end up losing the game 5 - 3?

According to my friend, the Saltash Management were the "clueless" ones in the second half. By all accounts, the team are clearly desperate for "direction" from the bench. I feel the management duo of Hendy and Harvey are a "spent force" and need to "walk away" from the job.

Tonight was very disappointing, for several reasons. Yes, a lead of two goal was totally thrown way. But the Saltash United players are far better than this result.

I am sure there can be nobody more frustrated by this result than Kevin Hendy and Phil Harvey.

"The ashes" have never started a season as a sprint and have often taken until October to put a run together, so far too early to panic.

here we go again another posting from ontheball having a go at saltash united. again, family committments etc, who cares. you dont support saltash, you dont work around saltash so slagging the management off is very wrong and pathetic of you. theres only been 6-8 games of the season and you trying to get people agaisnt them and agreeing with you. im totally against you on this 1. saltash is a big club in this division.

Guest torresraul

seems to me that hendy does not want harvey as his number 2 and is waiting for him to walk!!!!if you dont want him grows some balls and tell him kev.....and stop using him to wash the kit,cut and line the pitch clean the changing rooms

Was at the game with a friend from saltash and cant understand the criticism of the management.Once the players cross the line it is down to them to put in a performance and i thought they should have had the game buried first 20 minutes.However think people are showing disrespect to dartmouths second half performance,they passed the ball around really well and have 2 or 3 very good younger players.Im sure both teams will start to move up the table pretty quickly.

seems to me that hendy does not want harvey as his number 2 and is waiting for him to walk!!!!if you dont want him grows some balls and tell him kev.....and stop using him to wash the kit,cut and line the pitch clean the changing rooms

If Phil Harvey is washing the kit, sorting the pitch and cleaning the dressing rooms, as you have stated, he must be applauded. Clubs cannot afford to lose people like this. To quote "using" is a little unfair, as I'm sure Phil does this willingly.

Both Kev and Phil are two sensible guys and will have obviously discussed the team situation at length. It is no good making assumptions as to their working relationship. If they decide their relationship is not working, I am very sure they will deal with it accordingly.