Cornwall Football Forum

MASSEY MUTTURING TONIGHT?

YES, YOU HAVE IT A DAY EARLIER.

Masseys Mutterings!!! Boy must he be muttering tonight!

SALTASH UNITED 5 BUCKLAND ATHLETIC 1

Despite a stuttering start to the season, "the ashes" were outstanding tonight and were well deserved winners of this match. Playing with a lone striker in Ross Saint for the majority of the match, who would have thought the scoreline would finnish as it did.

Before and comments that Buckland had an "off day", "Saltash were lucky" or the "ref" was poor, this would be "sour grapes from Buckland.

Well done to all the playing staff and management tonight.

YES, YOU HAVE IT A DAY EARLIER.

SALTASH UNITED 5 BUCKLAND ATHLETIC 1

Despite a stuttering start to the season, "the ashes" were outstanding tonight and were well deserved winners of this match. Playing with a lone striker in Ross Saint for the majority of the match, who would have thought the scoreline would finnish as it did.

Before and comments that Buckland had an "off day", "Saltash were lucky" or the "ref" was poor, this would be "sour grapes from Buckland.

Well done to all the playing staff and management tonight.

I keep thinking I'm gonna wake up and I'll be at the turnstile waiting for the start of the game. When I saw we were playing with a lone striker, I thought the worst, but that was the best we have played in months, even years.

Massey was very vocal standing next to us in the stand first half, but I don't think i heard him once in the 2nd half!

Quote from one of the Buckland fans after the game 'we were totally outclassed and outplayed tonight.

Outstanding Ashes, well done

If your going to lose, lose properly,well done to Saltash who wanted it more than Buckland.

Saltash scored just before half time with a free kick that took a deflection.Saltash scored again early doors but Buckland pulled 1 back through Luke Horricks, Buckland pushed forward but Saltash scored again in the 74 87 AND 89 minutes to give the ashes a well deserved 3 pts. who played some neat football and left Buckland second best

Well done Saltash think they will surprise a few teams this year.

End of the unbeaten run,

Well Done to Saltash !

Many Buckland fans there tonight and we took it on the chin !

No excuses we were poor all over the pitch with limited options going forward.

Thats life would not swap our position for anyone elses ! and nice to see some

happy Ashes fans because they do seem to get pretty dispondant at times with the

management. Hope few of them bought the guy a pint last night.

As for the Bucks you could see from there faces leaving the pitch our

season looks promising & as for false position heard it all before, trophy cabinet

to the right when you walk in the Bucks club house.

Happy days.....

Oh dear - they could be late coming through tonight!!! laugh.gif

Great win for the Cornish side! c.gif

Have been waiting for a comment like that for ages. Many congratulations to Saltash for their victory but lets give one almighty congratulations to Buckland Athletic football club. What an outstanding achievement to go 33 league games without defeat. Last beaten in November 2009 (Launceston 2-1) and most of the games since have been victories.

Buckland have been an absolute revelation over the past couple of years and they deserve all the plaudits that are coming their way. Whether its Devon or Cornwall, that has been one fantastic period of football for a football club. Well done to everyone connected, past and present .