Cornwall Football Forum

Resignations at St Blazey?

I just want to take this opportunity to appeal to Hoops and Lafs to do the right thing and not leave us at this critical point in the season. While early season results have not gone as we wanted/expected, we are in the middle of a very exciting FA Vase run (with potential decent prize money should we get through some more rounds) and have Senior Cup and Throgmorton Cup campaigns just around the corner.

The fans have every confidence in the current management team to take us where we need to go, and while things are maybe not as they should be behind the scenes, we have to take into account the things that ARE right:

- A bunch of committed players now playing well together and giving their all during 90 minutes.

- The biggest, best and noisiest fan base in Cornwall.

- One of the best grounds with some of the best facilities in Cornwall.

Well, if this is true it will be a real shame. Hoops and Laffs guided the team to a creditable 4th place last season and all the fans I speak with have been happy with them in charge. I can't imagine that they have major problems with the club on the field, despite some inconsistent performances lately. We'll never know what happens behind closed doors but I can only imagine that this stems from an off the field problem.

Saturday ought to be interesting.

Mangotsfield United fan here in peace. Just to say that all being well, I shall be watching the Brizz v St Blazey game on Saturday, as the Mangos are away & Brizz are my nearest club anyway. Looking forward to the game, despite the goings-on at St Blazey mentioned on this thread! Brislington have made a slow start to the season, but they're not a bad side & the potential to do well has always been there, but they suffer (like many Bristol clubs) from being so close to so many other teams in the area, so support levels could be better and players themselves have a lot of choice in the area. I remember seeing Porthleven lose 8-0 at Brizz a couple of years ago in the Vase, but their players were a credit to their club on the day and never stopped trying despite the scoreline. Anyway, safe journey up!

Mangotsfield United fan here in peace. Just to say that all being well, I shall be watching the Brizz v St Blazey game on Saturday, as the Mangos are away & Brizz are my nearest club anyway. Looking forward to the game, despite the goings-on at St Blazey mentioned on this thread! Brislington have made a slow start to the season, but they're not a bad side & the potential to do well has always been there, but they suffer (like many Bristol clubs) from being so close to so many other teams in the area, so support levels could be better and players themselves have a lot of choice in the area. I remember seeing Porthleven lose 8-0 at Brizz a couple of years ago in the Vase, but their players were a credit to their club on the day and never stopped trying despite the scoreline. Anyway, safe journey up!

Cheers mate.

What route would you take for "Brizz" FC?

Guest Rydon Ranger

Cheers mate.

What route would you take for "Brizz" FC?

A30 and M5 would be a good idea Dan....!! lol

Dan, as Brislington FC is situated on the busy Bath Road, heading south-east out of Bristol, I would come up the M5, come off at Brent Knoll & head towards Bristol Airport; go past the airport into Bristol (near the City ground), and then go Winterstoke Road, over Parson Street bridge, along Hartclife Way and then follow Airport Road all the way past Tescos through to the Bath Road junction, then turn right on to Bath Road & follow until you see the Brislington FC sign on the left & the ground is then up at the end of Ironmould Lane.

Only drawback is you need to allow for heavy traffic around Ashton Gate tomorrow after 1pm (City are at home to Norwich) and it's always busy on the Bath Road 7/24 !

Alternatively, if you did come up via Shepton Mallet into Bristol through Whitchurch, you would still need to get over from Wells Road to Bath Road & it's always busy around there, but at least you'd bypass Ashton Gate......

Lousy weather up here today as well, but the forecast for tomorrow is better.

So, are Glynn and Laffs in charge for tomorrow's game or not?

Havent seen any confirmation of their resignations anywhere yet.

Original comment came from the SWPL Forum - when I contacted Glyn yesterday morning he didn't know anything about it!

I now see posted earlier this morning on the League forum both managers are staying, and although Secretary Simon Tonkin has tendered his resignation, he will also be staying until they find someone else. As I can't imagine there will be a rush to apply for the post, I suggest Simon could be there for some time yet!!

After the latest Blazeyenders episode this week, its now all down to the football. Im sure Glyn will be 100% focused on winning this match and he will have a good vocal following supporting the lads tomorrow. The fans are right behind Glyn!!! This must be a winable tie but the lads will need to be up for it. Probably one of the better grounds around from the few pics ive seen. I hope our old friend from Mangotsfield comes round behind the goal to say hello. Should be a good day out whatever the result.

Come on St Blazey. ;)