St Austell 2-2 Plymouth Parkway

FA Vase

Brislington 0-1 S Blazey

Saltash 9-1 Newquay

Sherbourne 2-2 Bodmin

Torpoint 4-1 Radstock

Wellingon 5-0 Tavistock

Saltash Utd 9 v 1 Newquay AFC

Man of the Match - Ryan Barnes, Newquay keeper who prevented the scoreline from becoming a cricket score. Worst player on the pitch, Paul Hider, had one shot to save and bottled it. I did say to Spider he should give his match fee back, he did nothing all afternoon.

Fair play to Jim for doing the BBC Rugby rport.

Well done Ashes, a poor Newquay met a rampant Saltash. Well done also to Blazey and Torpoint, my mates at both clubs will be loving it tonight. Best of luck to all Cornish sides on the road to Wembley.

Man of the Match - Ryan Barnes, Newquay keeper who prevented the scoreline from becoming a cricket score. Worst player on the pitch, Paul Hider, had one shot to save and bottled it. I did say to Spider he should give his match fee back, he did nothing all afternoon.

Well done Ashes, a poor Newquay met a rampant Saltash. Well done also to Blazey and Torpoint, my mates at both clubs will be loving it tonight. Best of luck to all Cornish sides on the road to Wembley.

Thanks Mark!!

My youngest was playing this afternoon so I missed the game at Poltair but (like most supporters I guess) would have taken a draw had it been offered - however I gather it was another late goal conceded by St.Austell. If so, that must be at least 6 or 7 points lost in the dying minutes of matches this season which would make one heck of a difference in the league table! However, as you say Dave, not the result most pundits expected.

Worst player on the pitch, Paul Hider, had one shot to save and bottled it. I did say to Spider he should give his match fee back, he did nothing all afternoon.

So because he made one mistake, he is the worst player on the pitch? As we all know, if the keeper makes a mistake it usually ends up with a goal being scored. Also sounds like the reason he had nothing to do was because Newquays keeper was busy making saves and picking the ball out his net. Cant have it both ways!

Were certainly are enjoying tonight!! Thanks Mark. After all the off field issues during this weeks Blazeyenders it ended in perfect style with a fantastic performance away at Brislington. One of the better grounds at this level with cover on all four sides and terracing all round. Certainly makes for a good atmosphere. 38 travelling supporters made the 309 mile round trip and loved every minute as a solid looking St Blazey made their Western league premier opponents look average at times. Tom in the Blazey goal had little to do but did make a couple excellent blocks when needed. The Brislington goalkeeper was in superb form saving well from Cooper, Reski among others. The only goal came around the half hour when a cross was headed home by Sam Cooper. Only disapointment for some was the lack of programs. They sold out by 2pm!!!

We now look forward to the draw and for me, another long away trip would be nice to somewhere we havnt been. Please no draw against one of our other league sides.

Finally, well done to Glyn and Laffs and Simon for getting the team together after a strange week. No point giving it up now with Wembley in sight hey!!! :yahoo:

Worst player on the pitch, Paul Hider!!! That "one shot", was a penalty, he felt sorry, for a very poor Newquay.

The support from the Newquay Supporters to their team was good, they deserve better from the pitch.

Well done to "the ashes", the results and performances have truly improved in recent games. Lets have some more next week at Ivybridge.

Excellent result at Brislington for St Blazey.

I counted 92 with around 30 from Blazey.

Here's what I've posted on the Mangotsfield United forum this evening about the Brislington v St Blazey game:

"Lively game at Ironmould lane today in the FA Vase, with Cornish side St Blazey edging it with a headed goal by Sam Cooper late in the first half.

Brizz could have scored in the first minute, but their striker put the ball wide from very close range when it seemed easier to score. St Blazey graduallly got into the game & the Brizz keeper was in fine form as the visitors began to dominate & it was no real surprise when they finally did score through Cooper.

An even 2nd half, with both teams cancelling each other out, though they both gave it their best shot - there were chances at both ends, but both defences stood firm & I'd say the Cornish boys deserved their win against their higher level opposition.

Nice to meet a lot of the St Blazey fans today, with all their flags, one of which simply said "The Laundry". Well, I had to ask, didn't I? It's a bit like the Rovers & their Gas nickname, because of the gasworks at Eastville & Twerton Park. St Blazey have an unofficial nickname of "The Laundry" because there's a laundry next to the ground! I have been there once many years ago, whilst on holiday down that way, but really can't remember!

Nice also to meet "Truro Ted" again as well today, even though he lives in Backwell. With one or two ex-Truro players in the St Blazey side, I had a feeling he might turn up!

Not sure how many programmes Brizz did today either - I got there at 2pm, knowing the St Blazey lads would have arrived by then & looked forward to a chat - but I had the last programme, one hour before the kick off! Imagine that happening at Cossham Street..... Dave S

Nice to meet up again Dave. Good to see fellow non league fans at different grounds.

The Laundry end is the far end of the ground opposite the clubhouse end. Probably somewhere where a small housing estate now stands. Nice to keep a little history alive.

http://www.historic-cornwall.org.uk/cisi/st_blazey/cisi_st_blazey_report.pdf

Have a look at this old picture and a few pages in theres a small piece on the Laundry.

I think youll find hes taking the mick out of Spider!! Talk about talking the bait!! :rolleyes:

Spider and me go way back and always have a joke at each others expense, thankfully he has spared me today. Well done again to Paul Hider and his Ashes team-mates. Time to go home to Lanson Spider, soz I can't make the joint birthdays.

Nice to meet up again Dave. Good to see fellow non league fans at different grounds.

The Laundry end is the far end of the ground opposite the clubhouse end. Probably somewhere where a small housing estate now stands. Nice to keep a little history alive.

http://www.historic-cornwall.org.uk/cisi/st_blazey/cisi_st_blazey_report.pdf

Have a look at this old picture and a few pages in theres a small piece on the Laundry.

Thanks for that Paul. I see where you mean now re the Laundry! Working in planning as I do, I see documents like this fairly regularly, inside planning appeal files from all over England, but this one is actually interesting for a change (for football reasons!) As you say, though, it's all about keeping a piece of history alive. I recently found an 1950s aerial photo of Mangotsfield in a book and our ground at Cossham Street is clearly shown. In those days, it was literally just a white iron bar fence around the pitch, no cover whatsoever, tiny dug-outs & the pitch actually went in a different direction to what it does now! Finding a picture like that is priceless & we're putting it in one of our next programmes for all to see. There are so few people left at our club now who remember the 50s, so it's up to the rest of us to log any historical interest

Glad you enjoyed Brislington today as well as the result. Always has been a nice ground, they're a decent club anyway, good people there & I do miss the Brizz v Mango derbies! The only drawback is the Bath Road which is always busy! Brizz will have been pleased with all you Blazey boys as well because most Toolstation clubs don't take too many fans away these days - well certainly not with all the flags & replica shirts like you guys! The Toolstation site says the gate was 82, if I remember rightly & that's good for Brislington.

I shall keep any eye on the draw on Monday........

Dobwalls 2-3 St Dennis, oh sorry I mean Foxhole lol ha

Foxhole goals

Carl Rickard

Mark Rowe

Ryan Hayhurst

nice one Lee! the St.Dennis lads have done very well for the Foxes and would fit in a treat full time!lol. thanks for the loan mind, we'll do the same for you guys if we can.

well done to st.austell yesterday against parkway not a bad result and would of taken that before the game.

Also i am disgusted at the plymouth parkway keeper (dont know his name) for spitting on me. After will tinsley smashed home a great free kick for st.austell to put them 2-1 up i said to the keeper "i told u it was going in,you had no chance" and then as he picked the ball out the net he spat at me and it landed on my hand. This player is an emabarrasment to his club and the sport and is the most disgusting football that ive seen for a long time. I feel sory for plymouth parkway for having this idiot associated with them.

After the game one of the players for parkway asked me what happened and i informed him and he was disugusted and apoligised on his behalf and if it happened to him he wouldn't of been so calm when it happened. Thanks to this player for his apology but unfortunatly the keeper was not so apologetic after the match and didnt say a thing.

well done st.austell and good luck to parkway for rest of season

We now look forward to the draw and for me, another long away trip would be nice to somewhere we havnt been. Please no draw against one of our other league sides.

second that but whats the odds blazey v bodmin saltash/parkway v torpoint

be nice to avoid each other always nice to have an awayday to somewhere new

Will Truro be playing Combo League football next season?

Personally I wouldn't want them.

Rather promote a Junior club than accept a team dropping down.

With only one reserve side in the top ten of the latest Combination table-surely one of the others will have the ambition to take promotion/apply for SWPL membership and replace the bottom Peninsula club.

Come on Illogan-Helston-St.Agnes I am sure facilities are up to scratch.

With only one reserve side in the top ten of the latest Combination table-surely one of the others will have the ambition to take promotion/apply for SWPL membership and replace the bottom Peninsula club.

Of those three, Illogan is the better one for supporters in the rain as they have a reasonable stand, nice clubhouse too. Now if they could get lights, the club could go a long way.

Of those three, Illogan is the better one for supporters in the rain as they have a reasonable stand, nice clubhouse too. Now if they could get lights, the club could go a long way.

Why a Combo league side, ECPL? they can fill the space........ and if the recent Senior cup results are anything to go by that is the stronger league.....