Cornwall Football Forum

Aaron Dilley

Guest nsdill

Aaron is still in Derriford Hospital, he has broken his tibula and fibula at the ankle and has a hole in the side of his calf caused by a stud. They are hoping to operate today and put some screws and plates in, then he is looking at 4 months in a cast. He is very down at the moment so keep messages coming.

Aaron is still in Derriford Hospital, he has broken his tibula and fibula at the ankle and has a hole in the side of his calf caused by a stud. They are hoping to operate today and put some screws and plates in, then he is looking at 4 months in a cast. He is very down at the moment so keep messages coming.

Don't know Aaron, but it is terrible for anyone to receive such injuries and I'm sure we all wish him a speedy and complete recovery. Keep your chin up lad!

Very sorry to hear of any player being injured, I know how frustrating it is being unable to do all the normal things in life let alone kick a ball in anger.

Time will pass and you will soon be back, have a chat with Azzer Bicknell, I'm sure he will let you know what the next few months hold.

Chin up young man.

When i broke my tib & Fib I was also in a full leg cast for 4 months and it does seem like the end of the world but the euphoria you feel when that cast comes off is immense and then its a slow road back but I was back playing in 12 months after screws and plates were taken out. one piece of advice get yourself a knitting needle to poke down your cast when it starts itching it drives you made. Chin up and as someone else posted it takes time but it will become a distant memory.

best of luck

Just as a matter of interest was it a tackle or did you fall awkwardly.....

Get well soon Aaron, been there and done that but would never wish to go back there again just to get the t-shirt !

If you're in a cast for 4 months then you probably have some ligament damage - for me that took longer to heal than the fracture but then they are all different injuries.

All the refs looking forward to seing you make a comeback later this season - heaven knows your club needs you !!!!!!!!

Dave