Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell

I am very pleased to announce that the highly experienced Gary Penhaligon has agreed to take up the post as AFC St Austells new assistant manager. Andrew Parr will also be back on the sideline as well, this is a great scoop for the club and will hopefully guide us to a satisfactory league position this season.

Also would like to confirm that the clubs new Lillywhites lounge has been a tremendous success and I have had some fantastic feedback from visiting clubs players and officials , A big thank you to all involved. (any feedback from visiting clubs would be nice)

On a commercial front - The club is continuing to attract some very interested sponsors and this year has seen an unprecidented change off the pitch and with our average gate of 150 ( the second highest in the league) we are continuing to do some unbelievable things this year. We have had our first meeting with one of the floodlight contractors and all is inplace to have them up by start of next season along with a new stand to the back of the goal.

On the pitch Andy and his team are beginning to attract some quality players and some transfer movement is just round the corner.

A Big thank you for all the commitees hard work .... We will be the biggest team in the West ........ Trust Me

Money Man

Money Man may not be the humblest person but he is a bloody good Commercial Manager and he, along with the rest of the committee, have pulled St.Austell up from the depths of a few seasons ago.

The facts are that Town do have the 2nd largest average gate at present by some margin and things are changing at a fast pace off the pitch. If the team can consolidate on the pitch this year then the future is very bright so good on you Money Man - blow your trumpet!!

as said by Tony if the team can work hard and consolidate this season then they can only go forward from there in my opinion! Say what you want about the bloke but i belive money man has done alot for the club and they have benefited from him being involved! He's just ambitious like any other club should be or should at least try to be! :thumbsup:

We at Porthleven were at St Austell a couple of weeks ago & everyone involved with the club should be very proud of what they are doing there. The pitch was great, the ground was immaculate & the lounge is a great place for a after match beer. However, the best thing for me was the food the club put on. I would say the best in any league by a mile.

A great move getting Gary back there, good luck to you all. :clapper: :clapper:

Not for a while mate, still waiting on results from my mri scan, to know full damage! Hopefully want to be back in 6 weeks or so

Look forward to your return , All the best from the lads, supporters and the Commitee.

Pop up next Saturday for big game at home to Buckland.

Money Man