Cornwall Football Forum

With Regret

It is with regret that I James Chapman will be standing down with immediate effect from my role as Commercial manager.....

The club has moved forward at an alarming pace during my 3 years there and I believe the footings are now in place for the club to progress to that next level with out me.

I would like to thank all the players , commitee, fans and most importantly the sponsors who have been a massive part of the clubs continued success.

My reasons for standing down are my own and I appreciate some privacy after this very difficult decision.

Very best of luck for the season and I will never be far away.

Kind Regards to you all on the Cornwall Soccer Forum

Money Man

Money Man/Chappers/Steve

I hope this is a temporary break for you mate - you have been integral in helping Town back on it's feet and should be proud of your work. Hopefully you'll be back in some capacity (even with a reduced "workload") at some point.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Because I knew he wouldn't be online until the next day, so thought I would give V J a fast response.

I know the reason why Money Man decided to step down from his position, and I'm sure if he wanted everyone to know he would have posted it on here, hense: "My reasons for standing down are my own and I appreciate some privacy after this very difficult decision."

End of

Nothing to do with a statement saying LEE WHETTER will never play for St Austell again ?? :rolleyes:

VJ I ve got a proposition for you......... See you friday. :thumbsup:

As for Lee........ I never said he wouldnt play for st Austell again ...

Those who did have been proved wrong.......... Great performance from him against Buckland.

Goosefish..... very funny comment with regards Lee also .....hahahahahahhaahha " Money talks" lol

Whetter’s manager, Andy Dingle, appeared to have anticipated something not being right with the player before the match having stripped him off his captain’s armband.

“His head hasn't been right for a couple of weeks and that's why he was relieved of his captaincy today. I'm going to consider all of my options over the next couple of days" he said.

“I treat this incident very seriously and at this moment in time I cannot see that Lee Whetter has a future with St Austell football club” concluded Dingle.

Taken from the St Austell Voice 21st October 2010, this is the only statement issued by AFC St Austell on Lee Whetter's future at the club

Whetters manager, Andy Dingle, appeared to have anticipated something not being right with the player before the match having stripped him off his captains armband.

His head hasn't been right for a couple of weeks and that's why he was relieved of his captaincy today. I'm going to consider all of my options over the next couple of days" he said.

I treat this incident very seriously and at this moment in time I cannot see that Lee Whetter has a future with St Austell football club concluded Dingle.

Taken from the St Austell Voice 21st October 2010, this is the only statement issued by AFC St Austell on Lee Whetter's future at the club

Nice to see Dave Bunt sticking up for the club that some say, negotiated a deal with the CCFA for a lesser ban & fine prior to the hearing. No I wouldn't admit guilt and accept what in effect would have been a 'football community order' to help paint Charlestown Saints dug-outs, part of the deal offered by CCFA/St Austell to me indirectly.

Actions speak louder than words, the CCFA by failing to punish the player and club correctly, have confirmed they are as out of touch with reality as a Tory Government. St Austell as a club for re-employing a thug (although they continued to do so anyway) thereby sticking two fingers up to the rest of Cornish football.

After Mr Marriott sucked up to club in the press this week, you would have thought St Austell were some sort of model for all other clubs to aspire to. The freshly painted beer shed is run solely to make money to pay players, a new roof on the stand and fencing were 50 years overdue, half the support are aged floaters who switch between Blazey and St Austell whenever the mood takes them.

Eveyone knows the SWPL wanted the players bans extended until 2011, only an admin error prevented this, although it would have been harsh on one of them. I have said before, St Austell should keep quiet about their apparent resurgence, Money Man taking the honourable route of keeping silent on the re-signing says everything you need to know about him and the club.

Those who suggest that I shut up about it and move on, were either not at the game and have no idea of who said what, why and to whom (Lee Bradd knows the truth) or were at Poltair and would like the whole thing hushed up. The player and club are tarnished, even the Refs report confirms that the Player had said to team-mates before being sent off that he was "going to sort him out" that actually made it a premeditated attack.

Perhaps if he had gone for the loudest person dishing out the humour towards Lee Bradd, then the matter would have gone to court. It was well known at the time, that I was awaiting an Op on my spinal cord (and now need another, but not due to the incident) and on various pain releiving medication, I was actually quite quiet on the day, this was confirmed by many around me in the stand.

Those still at St Austell should take a leaf out of Money Mans book, slip away quietly.

And Nemesis/the Judge STILL bangs on about it in Newquay's programme. Quite what Money Man's break from his role as Commercial Manager has to do with the Lee Whetter/Newquay loudmouths incident I'm not sure. Most people haved moved on from what happened last season. The club accepted its punishment and moved on. Lee Whetter has served his punishment and I believe personally that he should be given a second chance. It's obvious that you don't like St Austell but to judge everyone at the club as being thugs shows how ignorant you really are. Newquay AFC is a great club with a long tradition but the actions of you and your "Newquay Loyal" at various clubs around the League don't reflect well on the club judging from my conversations at other Div 1 West clubs last season. Money Man and the band of committee members and local businesses have done a fantastic job in getting the clubhouse open and we have had positive feedback from visiting clubs on our hospitality and the clubhouse.

We've moved on. Maybe it's time for you to do the same.

Swept under the carpet in the hope that everyone forgets, is not the same as moving on. We will obviously differ on other clubs in the SWPL last season, we were welcomed wherever we went, apart from one person who couldn't get his facts right.

Enjoy the rest of your season and don't forget, you must welcome visitors, not upset them, lest you will get bad publicity and people will get the wrong idea about your club.

Swept under the carpet in the hope that everyone forgets, is not the same as moving on. We will obviously differ on other clubs in the SWPL last season, we were welcomed wherever we went, apart from one person who couldn't get his facts right.

Enjoy the rest of your season and don't forget, you must welcome visitors, not upset them, lest you will get bad publicity and people will get the wrong idea about your club.

Lets be honest... were the Buckland fans really upset about not hanging their flags where they wanted to...? Or were they upset that they had conceded a 3rd of all goals they'd conceded all season, and lost to St.Austelll...?? I presume this is the occasion you're talking about! :drink:

What,s happened in the past should be left in the past ,its been done to death

Newquay and St Austell relations are good ,indeed Trevor Ternouth(St Austell President)

has been very helpful to Newquay Football Club in the last few days,and his parting words to me

were that he wished Newquay well for the season ,as he felt Newquay should be in the premier league.

What,s happened in the past should be left in the past ,its been done to death

Newquay and St Austell relations are good ,indeed Trevor Ternouth(St Austell President)

has been very helpful to Newquay Football Club in the last few days,and his parting words to me

were that he wished Newquay well for the season ,as he felt Newquay should be in the premier league.

Well said... I think there's only 1 person who refuses to leave the matter alone!! :wacko:

I personally believe everyone deserves another chance. What does surprise me is St. Austell spoke out and said the players involved would never play for them again.

Should the club not make a statement to why they have allowed the return of these players? Just think it's a good PR move on the back of an impressive win and good publicity lately.

I would hate to think player power is the reason. :blink:

I personally believe everyone deserves another chance. What does surprise me is St. Austell spoke out and said the players involved would never play for them again.

Should the club not make a statement to why they have allowed the return of these players? Just think it's a good PR move on the back of an impressive win and good publicity lately.

I would hate to think player power is the reason. :blink:

Exactly !

Although neither I or anyone at Newquay have any problem with Ben Douglas, the lad did nothing wrong. As someone said, I may be no Angel, but I don't lie or go back on my word.

Nothing wrong with banter and even a bit of good natured baiting, it breeds rivalry and when the time comes, boosts interest in the game between sides. It worked when Newquay played St Blazey in the past, so it is good to see the two sets of fans from Blazey and St Austell having little niggles on the forum, anything that generates a healthy interest in local football can only be a good thing.

One plus point, Whetts can't score two Pens against us this Sat !

Enjoy your games this weekend.

Guest leemccheese

Whetter’s manager, Andy Dingle, appeared to have anticipated something not being right with the player before the match having stripped him off his captain’s armband.

“His head hasn't been right for a couple of weeks and that's why he was relieved of his captaincy today. I'm going to consider all of my options over the next couple of days" he said.

“I treat this incident very seriously and at this moment in time I cannot see that Lee Whetter has a future with St Austell football club” concluded Dingle.

Nice to see Dave Bunt sticking up for the club that some say, negotiated a deal with the CCFA for a lesser ban & fine prior to the hearing. No I wouldn't admit guilt and accept what in effect would have been a 'football community order' to help paint Charlestown Saints dug-outs, part of the deal offered by CCFA/St Austell to me indirectly.

Actions speak louder than words, the CCFA by failing to punish the player and club correctly, have confirmed they are as out of touch with reality as a Tory Government. St Austell as a club for re-employing a thug (although they continued to do so anyway) thereby sticking two fingers up to the rest of Cornish football.

After Mr Marriott sucked up to club in the press this week, you would have thought St Austell were some sort of model for all other clubs to aspire to. The freshly painted beer shed is run solely to make money to pay players, a new roof on the stand and fencing were 50 years overdue, half the support are aged floaters who switch between Blazey and St Austell whenever the mood takes them.

Eveyone knows the SWPL wanted the players bans extended until 2011, only an admin error prevented this, although it would have been harsh on one of them. I have said before, St Austell should keep quiet about their apparent resurgence, Money Man taking the honourable route of keeping silent on the re-signing says everything you need to know about him and the club.

Those who suggest that I shut up about it and move on, were either not at the game and have no idea of who said what, why and to whom (Lee Bradd knows the truth) or were at Poltair and would like the whole thing hushed up. The player and club are tarnished, even the Refs report confirms that the Player had said to team-mates before being sent off that he was "going to sort him out" that actually made it a premeditated attack.

Perhaps if he had gone for the loudest person dishing out the humour towards Lee Bradd, then the matter would have gone to court. It was well known at the time, that I was awaiting an Op on my spinal cord (and now need another, but not due to the incident) and on various pain releiving medication, I was actually quite quiet on the day, this was confirmed by many around me in the stand.

Those still at St Austell should take a leaf out of Money Mans book, slip away quietly.

well well well , 3 holes in the floor lol , its nice to see that every night when people get home from work , instead of shagging their missus they wanna talk about me IM FLATTERED the matter is over now and not even been booked 4 22 GAMES NOW, so that could be because the judge dont come and watch me play,thought u would of come up last week mate had a nice little celebration ready 4 u when i scored twice never mind, think u should all get ur heads out of ur asses and move on, glad to be back at town better standand and back with my mates who i played with 4 years,enjoy ur season no hard feeling judge,was a hard decision to leave foxhole but im not getting any younger great club and wish them all the best URS SINCERELY THE THUG, as the judge says or aka LEE MCCHEESE