Cornwall Football Forum

Just noticed on the SWPL website transfer lists

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/Stats_%26_Facts

No 244 Ashley Stidwell From : Porthleven To : Falmouth Town

followed by

No 257 Ashley Stidwell From : Falmouth Town To : Porthleven

Must be the shortest transfer of the season!

What happened? Did Ashley think the grass was greener and wasn't, the promised pay packet was thinner than agreed, didn't want to sit on the subs bench or play combo football, or was he homesick for the wide open spaces of Gala Park?

Ashley was given the opportunity to join Falmouth Town & decided it was a chance he had to take. He made his debut against Launceston on the tuesday night & txt me the next morning saying that he didnt feel comfortable, missed his Porthleven team mates & felt he had made a mistake by leaving, would we have him back ! of course i said yes. To Alan Carey's credit, i rang him & told him what Ash had said & he allowed us to resign him in time for the following sat.

The only time Ashley has left Porthleven was to play half a season at Mullion combo 2 or 3 seasons ago but he always returns home as he is Porthleven thru & thru.

He is a quality player who is getting better with each game & im sure he will play in the premier division at some stage. Who knows, hopefully with his home town club !

Home is where the heart is !!!! :thumbsup: