Ivybridge Town v Exmouth Town

Perranporth v Falmouth Town

St Austell v Godolphin Atlantic

Torpoint Athletic v Exeter Civil Service

Totnes & Dartington v Plymouth Parkway

University of Exeter v Buckland Athletic

Exeter uni 2 Buckland 5

Buckland started their defence of the trophy at uni today,

uni took the lead but Bucks equalised through a penalty from Gaze, the defender getting sent off for his troubles.

Uni`s keeper should have also walked as he handled the ball outside his box but only a free kick was given.

Bucks went two up through another Gaze effort shooting accross the goal keeper giving him no chance.

Bucks scored a 3rd through Moseley, but uni came back at us. it was difficult to see that uni had 10 men and they played some good football.

M Booth got the 4th and the best goal of the game with some neat play inside the box.

The 5th came as uni new that it was all over in the final minutes, where booth got his second goal.

look forward to the draw and see who will become are next opponents.

Mom M Booth pitch excellent but weather poor.

attendance 41 with 35 from Buckland.

Newquay AFC 2 v 0 Foxhole Att 98

Scott Palmer 26mins

Paul Robertson 88mins

Can't wait to read the report from Darin Morse, he and the other four away fans moaned all the way through the game at Mr Nute (the ref). The ref was having a good game until he failed to spot a clear Pen for Foxhole on 75mins, Ash Bradshaw bringing down a Foxhole forward. The same cannot be said for the Foxhole Lino, being polite, lets say he made plenty of errors in judgement.

Well done lads, top of the league. Congrats also to the 'G' good result today.

St Austell 0 - 1 Godolphin

Godolphin came away from Poltair Park with a deserved one goal victory having outplayed SWPL premier league rivals St Austell. After a quiet opening the game sprang into life with Lee Paxton carving out two good chances in quick succession, driving a low shot narrowly wide on the ten minute mark. Within a matter of minutes Godolphin were ahead; Jamie Wigg made space on the right, curling a pinpoint cross into the path of Paxton. Despite the best efforts of his marker, the loose ball was slotted home from six yards by Kyle Brown for a deserved opener.

St Austell struggled to gain any momentum in the opening half an hour and their cause was not made any easier when a head injury resulted in an early substitution. Kieran Conibear-Trathen looked most likely to pose a threat and his driven cross following a slick counter attack was the only noteworthy contribution to an otherwise uneventful first half. Godolphin had chances to add a second, with both Paxton and Brown denied by Penhaligon.

Godolphin were able to use the width of Poltair park and enjoyed a large share of possession, with St Austell looking uncertain and due to a number of injuries appeared to be a shadow of the side that enjoyed an oustanding result last weekend. Defender Tim Peacock did an oustanding job to protect Shaun Semmens in the Godolphin goal, with Scott Flanigan and Aiden Martin working hard to maintain possession in the centre to allow Brown to support Paxton on the break.

The half-time interval did little to change things for the Lillywhites; with just a minute on the second-half clock Paxton arrived unmarked at the far post to slot the ball across goal to Kyle Brown, who watched on as his sidefooted strike was hacked off the line. Paxton continued to cause a threat to the St Austell defensive line and was unfortunate to be flagged offside on two occasions, however, an exquisite dummy allowed Brown to bear down on goal, only to see his drive from the edge of the box fire straight at Penhaligon.

Moments later Pehaligon was forced to leave the pitch due to injury and despite an outfield player taking up the gloves, Godolphin did little to test the stand-in 'keeper until Scott Flanigan unleashed a low drive from thirty-five yards only to see his shot expertly turned around the post. Another Flanigan free-kick caused problems in the St Austell box and almost forced an own goal as a desperate header flashed across goal and wide of the post. Despite continued Godophin pressure, St Austell may have edged their way back into the game fourteen minutes from time as a cross evaded everyone in the box and eventually ended up being turned over the crossbar from three yards.

As Paxton made way for new signing David Rabone, Godolphin were able to absorb pressure in the last ten minutes and hit St Austell on the counter attack, with a late opportunity to add a second wasted when Kyle Brown shot wide with four attackers bearing down on St Austell's two defenders.

Despite St Austell's injury challenges, Godolphin thoroughly deserved their victory and have been rewarded with a home tie against Plymouth Parkway in the next round.

Somewhat of an exageration to say Godolphin outplayed St.Austell but I don't think any town supporter would argue at the result. After last week it was definitely "after the lord mayors show" with Town having 4 players out injured and others missing due to various reasons. Losing more players to injury during the game, including keeper Penhaligon, is worrying and Town ended up with 10 men and a stand in keeper but that doesn't take away from godolphin who worked b***** hard and won every 50:50 tackle.

However I think most StA supporters look at consolidation in the league as priority this season and I think the performance at Liskeard on Tuesday will be totally different.

Up the Lillywhites!!

Somewhat of an exageration to say Godolphin outplayed St.Austell but I don't think any town supporter would argue at the result. After last week it was definitely "after the lord mayors show" with Town having 4 players out injured and others missing due to various reasons. Losing more players to injury during the game, including keeper Penhaligon, is worrying and Town ended up with 10 men and a stand in keeper but that doesn't take away from godolphin who worked b***** hard and won every 50:50 tackle.

However I think most StA supporters look at consolidation in the league as priority this season and I think the performance at Liskeard on Tuesday will be totally different.

Up the Lillywhites!!

Tony your not trying to suggest that St Austell disregard the cup are you???? <_<

A great result for Godolphin A FC today. For the record, St Austell are not the only team who have to deal with players missing. Unavailable for selection today,

Phillip Lowry

Aron Dilly

Mark Kershaw

Sam Eglington

Tom Sheppard

Josh Harris

Dave Moore

Ollie Dart

Well done lads, another proud day for the G and a great birthday present for Muff ! :thumbsup:

Perranporth 0, Falmouth Town 5

Report from thisiscornwall.co.uk

FALMOUTH Town cruised into the third round of the Throgmorton Cup at the expense of division one west champions Perranporth at a blustery Ponsmere Valley on Saturday.

In what Town boss Alan Carey admitted was a "potential banana skin" for his side as two goals apiece from Mark Vercesi (2) and Matt Drummond, and Karl Turner's strike early in the second half secured a victory.

Town adapted better to the difficult conditions and led after 20 minutes when Vercesi ran on to Dan Green's flick before producing a confident finish into the bottom corner.

Vercesi added a second minutes later when he was left with an easy close range finish after Green dispossessed Barry Leete on the byline.

And just second into the second half Turner scored Town's third of the afternoon, before Drummond joined in on the scoring in the 49th minute, firing past goalkeeper John Mitchell from the edge of the area.

Drummond completed the scoring when he claimed his second goal of the afternoon in the 67th minute, heading past Mitchell from Johnny Ludlam's lofted ball into the box.

Perranporth: J Mitchell, S Hawke, S Moustrides, R Maynard, D Rawlings, D Harris, M Davies (P Willey 35), B Leete, K Trevaskis, C Barclay (B Hawke 63), R Pearson (D Ford 72). Sub (not used): L Denton.

Falmouth: J Chapman, M Holland, R Kellow (J Sims 77), R Bushby, J Derrane, T Barwell, K Turner, D Green, M Vercesi, M Drummond, J Ludlam. Subs (not used): J Greet, R Pope.

As A Falmouth Town suporter we had a great time at Perranporth,

we went there knowing that Perranporth could cause an upset,

Falmouth were never in trouble, & at times they looked a side of more than one leaque above Perranporth,

but what did I really liked about the game, it was played throughout in a friendly manner not one booking, not one nasty incident,

A good ground, very windy just like Mount Wise Newquay,

A very neat set up & we were made very welcome,

A big thank you to all at Perranporth for making our visit so enjoyable.

Hammers :c::yahoo::clapper: :c:

No excuses for St.Austell yesterday, but I bet our injury list/unavailable list was bigger than yours... :thumbsup:

Dan Lean

Martin Giles

Lee Whetter

Matt Parsons

Gary Whieldon

Will Tinsley

Jay Hill

Gary Penhaligon

Jay Isbell

Kieran Connibear-Trathen

Dan Nancarrow

Pat Shaughnessy

James Chapman

Just five players started, and finished the game that beat Buckland last week.

In my eyes from the sideline, the lads looked fairly disjointed, and I don't think any of them would be upset if I said we lacked creativity, and rarely looked like scoring a goal. Godolphin worked hard, got men behind the ball, and probably deserved victory. Good luck against Parkway!

I don't think Tony was disregarding the cup at all, as any silverware is good for any club. I think he was just stating the fact on the importance of consolidation for St.Austell this season in the league, and with an ever increasing injury list, points could be hard to come by in the next few weeks!

:c:

Intresting!!!

What about the ground? What can you tell us about that? :thumbsup:

Very tight, no room for spectators on 2 sides of ground, no access to far end and to the right hand side, fenced off .

Tea hut on ground behind goal.with changing rooms behind this goal, and clubhouse at this lower level.Spectators come up steps and go around to the left where you are above pitch level,on a raised hardstanding.

Dug outs on this side but at pitch level.

pitch flat, dark red soil.

Have a nice trip!!!

At Poltair yesterday the Referee was excellent. :clapper: He had never refereed at the ground before, he came from Plymouth apparently. A youngish Referee who on this display will go to much higher levels if he refs like this every week.

David thats always a welcomed comment after a game as far too often, rightly or wrongly speaking, we instead all spend alot of our time and efforts discussing the officials for all the wrong reasons. Sad but true. Putting aside the fact that forums like this give us all opportunity to air views, do you think there is far more emphasis and discussion on officials these days than say, 10/20 years ago at South Western Level David?

As A Falmouth Town suporter we had a great time at Perranporth,

we went there knowing that Perranporth could cause an upset,

Falmouth were never in trouble, & at times they looked a side of more than one leaque above Perranporth,

but what did I really liked about the game, it was played throughout in a friendly manner not one booking, not one nasty incident,

A good ground, very windy just like Mount Wise Newquay,

A very neat set up & we were made very welcome,

A big thank you to all at Perranporth for making our visit so enjoyable.

Hammers :c::yahoo::clapper::c:

I think the referee "George" Pattison should also get some of the praise for the game being played in the right manner

do you think there is far more emphasis and discussion on officials these days than say, 10/20 years ago at South Western Level

If I may add my thoughts .... yes for sure they are under more scrutiny than ever, partly because they have no personal discretion these days; partly because (although they wouldn't admit it personally) they are under pressure when being assessed; partly because the players and managers winge so much, and finally, because the players aren't so good and therefore one has to talk about something after a game!!!

Really starting to wonder how and why your involved with football Dave as from hearing your reports on games and reading your posts on here its clear to me that you have never played football and i dont think you actually like and watch the games you are reporting on ! Last week falmouth beat a very good parkway team who were top of the league and scored 6 goals and you were talking about to much long ball after the game ?? Or where you just being a bit stroppy because you got a bit wet after that game ? Everyone who loves and knows their football in this part of the world{so this isnt you dave} knows that the standard of the officials is at best TERRIBLE ! The majority of refs and linesmans in the south west leagues have never played the game so cant use personal discretion and they use their 90 minutes in the middle as a mini power trip to be in control of 22 lads ! Their only saving grace is the officials who do asses them have also probably never played and are not interested in raising the standard of officiating and are only interested in making sure they keep getting the steady income of booking money so they can pay the rent on their headquarters and get into south western games for free and get a complimentary pastie ! Your stupid comment that the players arn't so good so have to moan after the game sums you up and says it all ! Dave how would you really know if a player was good or not ?

<br />Really starting to wonder how and why your involved with football Dave as from hearing your reports on games and reading your posts on here its clear to me that you have never played football and i dont think you actually like and watch the games you are reporting on ! Last week falmouth beat a very good parkway team who were top of the league and scored 6 goals and you were talking about to much long ball after the game ?? Or where you just being a bit stroppy because you got a bit wet after that game ? Everyone who loves and knows their football in this part of the world{so this isnt you dave} knows that the standard of the officials is at best TERRIBLE ! The majority of refs and linesmans in the south west  leagues have never played the game so cant use personal discretion and they use their 90 minutes in the middle as a mini power trip to be in control of 22 lads ! Their only saving grace is the officials who do asses them have also probably never played and are not interested in raising the standard of officiating and are only interested in making sure they keep getting the steady income of booking money so they can pay the rent on their headquarters and get into south western games for free and get a complimentary pastie ! Your stupid comment that the players arn't so good so have to moan after the game sums you up and says it all ! Dave how would you really know if a player was good or not ?<br />

Sorry Randy but actually you're totally wrong about me loving the game – I absolutely adore watching local football. I'm so intense about it, and especially our Cornish sides. And so to be brutally honest, to watch Falmouth Town record a very good win over Plymouth Parkway (even if they didn't have either Hobbs or Sargent playing that day)gave me great pleasure. Parkway have done well at Bickland over recent seasons!

But, even if I've never played the game before, as I was there as a paying spectator I just felt I could comment on a personal basis that at times Falmouth overdid the long ball. With players such as Dan Green and Ross Pope in midfield, who are comfortable on the ball, I just felt perhaps the ball could have been played through them more. Look at the Green goal, good ball played into his path from midfield and Green finished it off brilliantly.In fact, if I'm not mistaken, at least certainly in the second half, Alan was shouting out to be more patient – to me that means, get the ball down and play it around. And keeping possession is easier over a ten yard pass than a 50 yard pass.  You don't need to have played the game to know that – it's basic football.

In direct response to your post, I'm not sure what you mean by getting "a bit wet after that game" – you lost me on that and perhaps you'll explain a little more.

To get back to your points though – anyone will tell you that referees aren't exactly my best buddies. However, even I at times feel they have an untenable job because of the antics of players. Let's face it, how can a goalkeeper, 90 yards away from the action, appeal for a decision? But they feel almost obliged these days to shout out to the ref!

You're dead right in suggesting that in general ex-players make better referees. That's because they know when a player is cheating, or attempting to pull a fast one over the ref, and so they wave play on and ignore the appeals. Yes, of course this went on 30 years or so ago, but not so blatantly, and in those days, referees kept the game going instead of stopping it, lecturing the offender and waving far too many yellow cards, which subsequently lead to red ones!

Turning to the comment about players today not being so good as in the past, well yes,of course it's a stupid comment – how will we ever be able to tell for sure? The game has changed so much – the surfaces of pitches today are carpets compared to back then, the ball is way lighter and travels faster. And that's just two differences out of many more.

However, I stand by my belief that overall the players were of a better standard say in the 1970s, 80s and 90s than now. I can list loads of names from back then, whether someone similar to myself will be able to do the same in 2040 recalling today's players – I wonder. I hope I am wrong however.

Whatever, I will continue to watch and comment, because I love the game – more so than it would appear a lot of players do on a Saturday afternoon!

Really starting to wonder how and why your involved with football Dave as from hearing your reports on games and reading your posts on here its clear to me that you have never played football and i dont think you actually like and watch the games you are reporting on ! Last week falmouth beat a very good parkway team who were top of the league and scored 6 goals and you were talking about to much long ball after the game ?? Or where you just being a bit stroppy because you got a bit wet after that game ? Everyone who loves and knows their football in this part of the world{so this isnt you dave} knows that the standard of the officials is at best TERRIBLE ! The majority of refs and linesmans in the south west leagues have never played the game so cant use personal discretion and they use their 90 minutes in the middle as a mini power trip to be in control of 22 lads ! Their only saving grace is the officials who do asses them have also probably never played and are not interested in raising the standard of officiating and are only interested in making sure they keep getting the steady income of booking money so they can pay the rent on their headquarters and get into south western games for free and get a complimentary pastie ! Your stupid comment that the players arn't so good so have to moan after the game sums you up and says it all ! Dave how would you really know if a player was good or not ?

I would totally disagree with everything said here Randy and I wonder if most points actually apply to yourself if you were totally honest. Ex players are probably put off officiating because of bigots who always wish to point the finger and complain in the manner that you have. You are part of a percentage of people that discourage people from taking up the whistle. Any self respecting person can make a complaint in a constructive manner and of course if you want to change the face/direction of officiating at this level; get yourself qualified and lead the way.

In all fairness, your post regarding Daves interest and knowledge of local football is so ridiculous that I kick myself for even taking the bait to be honest. I was involved with Dave in sorting out the original pilot shows a couple of years back with RSAB. Every week he would collate information, organise guests and keep the thing running in a very professional manner and that could not have been done without intense knowledge and a bank of contacts that pass on information because they respect what he does for the local game. This is only one example, over many years I dont doubt that there are many instances that would force you into eating your words

Classic whinge from a Classic moaner who has either been kicked out of a committee environment for being disruptive and negative or at the very best someone who does absoloutely nothing for his local club but expects to watch total football for £3 a week. Ridiculous.

Randy you are talking out of your backside when you claim the majority of ref`s have never played the game, also as an assessor I can tell you that not only have I played just below football league but also have referee`d at level 3, On another point there is no god given right that says a player of whatever level makes a good referee and that a referee who has not played can not make a good referee, I have seen players who took up the whistle and were useless and youngsters who have very little playing experience turn into brilliant referee`s,so there is no hard and fast rule where thats concerned. Dave very interesting points that you brought up and not far off the mark.

well ive seen some very good refs and some very poor refs

also very good players and very poor players,

but most of all ive seen refs and players doing their best

we all make mistakes even the fans

my only gripe is the fines are a bit too expensive at this level

when most bookings are for mistimed tackles, perhaps a different level of fine

for the likes of descent/persistant fouling would be better