Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard manager

this is correct joe has left for family reasons which liskeard football club will hopefully respect somtimes there are more important things in life and the path you follow has to be the right one,he was happy at the club but the health of the family has to come first all the best to joe and the family

Guest leemccheese

Steve Massey looking for a job now?????

no i seen him the other day in burger king workin, i think he had the wrong place as he was dressed up as ronald mccdonald

Massey's certainly good value for spectators when things aren't going well - it was worth the entrance fee alone just to see him almost exploding on the touchline at Poltair recently!

Back to Liskeard though, i wonder what effect if any that will have on them tonight for the visit of St.Austell - will Andy Bowker be caretaker again?

Cannot imagine any team looking to employ Steve Massey now. The drivel this man writes on "Masseys Mutterings" sends a message out to any club, cross me at your peril.

I do hope the "powers" at CORNWALL FOOTBALL FORUM make a sensible decision and cease "Masseys Mutterings" forthwith. I am sure I cannot be alone in feeling he has taken advantage of this site to have a personal attack at Buckland Athletic. Some of the content, especially the comments of Mrs Massey should be removed immediately.

Read in the evening herald that Richard Cameron is caretaker for tonight, surely he cannot get it permenantly!!!!

Not sure if any candidates are in the frame.

Shame to see the club in this state, used to be a club challenging for titles, now in wrong half of table, committee really need to make the right appointment to bring this club back to its former glory

When will the Liskeard committe realise they have to go with a local manager with local players, they hevnt the funds for anything different, get local interest back, The junior section has good talent coming through maybe a few years away, but have some good guys involved, Quantance Randall Moynan Gilbert, Get these people involved with the main committee and start looking ahead, what have they got to lose ?

I do hope the "powers" at CORNWALL FOOTBALL FORUM make a sensible decision and cease "Masseys Mutterings" forthwith. I am sure I cannot be alone in feeling he has taken advantage of this site to have a personal attack at Buckland Athletic. Some of the content, especially the comments of Mrs Massey should be removed immediately.

Sorry pastyman but Massey's Mutterings has nothing at all to do with this Forum, apart from the link. The "Mutterings" appear on my website of CORNISH SOCCER, a completely separate entity.

want to play with their mates

That old excuse again! blink.gif

Yea exactly !!

To be honest, they are not going to make a life changing amount of money by playing for the first team and if they enjoy playing with their mates then fair play, you might argue that they should play at the highest standard they can, but at whatever level in amateur football surely the most important part is enjoying it?

I think you'll find that there is more than enough players in the 2nds to do a permanent and decent job with the first team. Many of the players who are with the 2nds were playing peninsula football last year, but from my opinion everyone signed for the reason that we now have 2 managers from liskeard, a full squad of players from liskeard and getting the local support back and also everyone is good mates. It is a good set up in the 2nds with good ambition and I think that's why players want to stay with 2nds and help get liskeard back to where they should be!

Cannot imagine any team looking to employ Steve Massey now. The drivel this man writes on "Masseys Mutterings" sends a message out to any club, cross me at your peril.

We Totally agree, brings the local game into desrepute and should be dropped.

Steve is very obviously bitter about his time at Truro and we guess the knives will now be out for Buckland ?

Cornish Football should not be a soap box in which Mr Massey is allowed to spout his views and in particular against any one club.

Shame on you Dave for allowing it ? You have the capacity to edit it or indeed end it ?

And remember ...Nothing is above the law !

Steve is very obviously bitter about his time at Truro and we guess the knives will now be out for Buckland ?

Cornish Football should not be a soap box in which Mr Massey is allowed to spout his views and in particular against any one club.

Shame on you Dave for allowing it ? You have the capacity to edit it or indeed end it ?

I, and I believe many others, would agree with you. However Dave has a 'blindspot' when it comes to Steve and 'mutterings' will only stop when Steve decides to end it!

I, and I believe many others, would agree with you. However Dave has a 'blindspot' when it comes to Steve and 'mutterings' will only stop when Steve decides to end it!

Show some credability Dave and remove "Massey Mutterings" forthwith. I am very sure if another contributor "spouted off" in the same manner as Mr Massey has, YOU WOULD remove it! Be honest with yourself.

Show some credability Dave and remove "Massey Mutterings" forthwith. I am very sure if another contributor "spouted off" in the same manner as Mr Massey has, YOU WOULD remove it! Be honest with yourself.

I'm not sure if a few out there are mixed up with what appears on my website CORNISH SOCCER, and this Forum?

As I've already written, Steve Massey writes a page for me on the website, nothing at all to do with this Forum. He is one man expressing his own personal opinions on matters involving football in the South West. If he sometimes writes more on his former clubs, so be it, it's probably down to the fact that he knows more about them than other clubs. And as for bringing the game into disrepute - what, by expressing his opinion. I hardly think so! He has never been libellous either.

I can assure you I do edit and check his contributions, and if anything needs to be omitted, it is.

Think of it as someone having a column in a daily newspaper - we don't always agree with what we read, but we don't contact the paper and tell them to stop including it do we? At worst - we stop reading the column. The choice is there to the readers of Steve's page as well.

The "Mutterings" will stop when Steve has either had enough of doing it, or I decide it's time for a change. Until then, people will continue to read it and the majority will enjoy what they read.

Don't forget, the invitation is always there for any of you to have your own page too. You can write on what interests you on local football - what's stopping you? Contact me on either 07759 502408, or by email : davedeacon@cornishsoccer.info

For the moment thanks for your comments. I do take them on board, but I think it's best that for anyone who gets upset about the content of anything on the website - apologies that you should feel that way, but no one is forcing you to read his page.

Dave Deacon

As I've already written, Steve Massey writes a page for me on the website, nothing at all to do with this Forum.

Not strictly true as, apart from your endless plugs for it, any follow up comments by Steve has to be made on this forum! Cornish Soccer, (how I hate that americanisation), and Cornwall Football Forum are inextricably linked! Perhaps you could set up a 'mutterings' forum on Cornish Soccer!

or I decide it's time for a change

Hmmmmmm!

How about "McHugh`s mumblings!"

or "Billing`s bollockings"

I do not post things very ofeten as I am still involved in the game. However ,

I believe that the posting of this post has been somewhat lost.

Is this not about my old friend Joe Davey leaving Liskeard for Family reasons and not Steve's Mutterings or where steve manages next or even worse a witch hunt on Steve.

I have known Joe for over 20 years and I know I would personally like to wish him and his Family all the very best for the future. There are at times more important thing in life than our great game football.

Jaimie Carwardine ( Buckland Athletic FC )

Dave, leave Massey`s mutterings on the forum it is only a link and I quite enjoy the reading, I feel he always said it as it is which he is completely entitled to do, I just cannot understand people willing to give him a kicking so to speak as they do not have to click on the link and read what he has to say, if they do not like it then dont read it, "simple".

• 2 weeks later...