Cornwall Football Forum

Penryn v Newquay

weird game of football newquay looked totally dominant for the first 35 mins playin terrific possesion football,raced into a deserved 2 goal lead then robbo hit a post fallin to make it 3.Penryn then changed to 4 4 2 and went pretty direct at the newquay defence,and it was as bad a defencive display as you would see watchin the dog and duck on a sunday morning.feel sorry for there midfeild and foward thouse 5 are decent players.

Great game of football today, Newquay every inch deserved to be league leaders, so well disciplined with there 442 going forward and their 451 when defending. Penryn didnt know how to cope with their system, and at times were chasing shadows. However the Penryn side never know when to give up and to go in at 2-1 down at half time was the life line they needed.

I think it was clear to Jeweller that he needed to switch his midfield around, and allow Johnson to push on, down the right where he his most dangerous, to counteract Newquays system, and boy did it work!!

Beside the tactical switch, what was to come was an unbelievable 15 mins in the second half, Hobbs finishes were worthy of any player playing in a higher division, than where he currently his. His partner Brewer was really influential all game. But the icing on the cake for me was seeing Johnson running at the newquay defence with no fear and unleashing a terric left footed shot to make it 6 -3. Newquay were now dead and buried, and for Penryn, even this early in the season they are definitely title contenders.

Well done Steve and Dale the team are a credit to you both !! Loved the Newquay flags behind the goal, thought at times i was at a international game!

Where is Nemesis report today. Thought the Penryn lino today was awesome!!!!######

The Penryn Lino only made one error in failing to give a corner which even a blind guide dog would have seen. Other than that, it was the Newquay lino who took more stick for failing to flag two Penryn goals offside, not that it would have changed the fact that The Peppermints threw 3 points away. Two superb performances, Newquay in the first 43mins and Penryn for the rest of the match.

Full report on the official Newquay AFC website and in this weeks Newquay Voice out Wednesday.

Where is Nemesis report today. Thought the Penryn lino today was awesome!!!!######

The Penryn Lino only made one error in failing to give a corner which even a blind guide dog would have seen. Other than that, it was the Newquay lino who took more stick for failing to flag two Penryn goals offside, not that it would have changed the fact that The Peppermints threw 3 points away. Two superb performances, Newquay in the first 43mins and Penryn for the rest of the match.

Full report on the official Newquay AFC website and in this weeks Newquay Voice out Wednesday.

Nemiesis Or the Judge or Mark Charles or whatever you call yourself.The so called only mistake i made was not a mistake ,the ball came of Scott Palmer if you care to ask him, why do you think he didnt have a moan .As i was 2 yards away and you was approximately 50 yards away over in front of the kitchen i think i had slightly the better view .Also you and Pasty Pete were a bit over the top screaming abuse at me for it, i told Pete to ask Scott at half time .No wonder you got into trouble at ST.Austell if thats how you behave.OTT.As for the flags whats that all about i was hoping to see you and Pete in the bar after with Scott as well but i guess you took your silly little flags down and scuttled off home .I dont normally come on here i leave it to people who havent got anything better to do but you p***ed me off by saying i made a mistake when i didnt ,well not the one you were on about.I did make a mistake on saturday i missed an offside right at the end (robbo)but we got away with it .Goes to show i'm not perfect.Anyway behave and enjoy yourself. Andy Stivey.

Andy,

I was watching the game and agree with your decisions apart from the offside you missed which you admitted too. Dont let these persons grind you down, you are doing a fantastic job and should be proud of doing this, These kind of supporters who are true to there clubs should take up an Assistant referees course and run the line for a season and see how they get on, they really wouldnt last 5 minutes, so let them stick to supporting and refereeing from the stand because we all need muppets to have a laugh at, even us officials who take abuse week in week out. :SM_carton:

Andy

I thought you did a very good job on Saturday and I have never had any cause to question any of your decisions, not that that should be permitted anyway. In my opinion I think you are probably the best assistant in our League. On behalf of Newquay Football Club I would like to apologise to you for any upset caused by any one connceted with The Club. Jim.

Penryn Lino, it is people like you that cause idiots across the county to form opinions that are unjustified. We told you that you were wrong on one corner decision, thats it. Any other banter you dished out to Pasty was returned by him and him alone. Again, you take things out of context, OUR LINO TOOK MORE STICK FROM US !

I joked twice to say that you got decisions right but if you call that abuse, then you are in serious need of a reality check. I was stood next to four committee members, none of whom thought that anything I or Pasty said was out of order, indeed, they agreed with most of it., you don't.

We spent an hour in the clubhouse prior to the game and left early as 3 of our lot had to get away early. No need to comment about the flag, we and other clubs have them ,you don't.

Great result for your club which I;m sure my balanced report mentions. Thanks for your input, I;m sure numptys everywhere have taken notice.

Mark Charles.

Penryn Lino, it is people like you that cause idiots across the county to form opinions that are unjustified. We told you that you were wrong on one corner decision, thats it. Any other banter you dished out to Pasty was returned by him and him alone. Again, you take things out of context, OUR LINO TOOK MORE STICK FROM US !

I joked twice to say that you got decisions right but if you call that abuse, then you are in serious need of a reality check. I was stood next to four committee members, none of whom thought that anything I or Pasty said was out of order, indeed, they agreed with most of it., you don't.

We spent an hour in the clubhouse prior to the game and left early as 3 of our lot had to get away early. No need to comment about the flag, we and other clubs have them ,you don't.

Great result for your club which I;m sure my balanced report mentions. Thanks for your input, I;m sure numptys everywhere have taken notice.

Mark Charles.

Nemesis or Mark Charles /Judge

Mark amazing what a bit of banter or a bit of wind up does isnt it .You just won me £20 .i bet someone in our club that you would come back with a dig .thanks mate .Have fun and enjoy your footie .Andy Stivey

Mark Charles.

"Mark amazing what a bit of banter or a bit of wind up does isnt it .You just won me £20 .i bet someone in our club that you would come back with a dig .thanks mate .Have fun and enjoy your footie .Andy Stivey"

No worries mate but as I did more to earn it than you, I fully expect a drink waiting for me next time we meet :smiley20:

Cheers !