Buckland Athletic v Ivybridge Town

West:

Newquay v Porthleven

Wednesday:

East:

Budleigh Salterton v Exeter Civil Service

Result from homers heath

Buckland 4 Ivybridge 2

Ivybridge 2 0 up half time but a tremendous second half performance by the bucks gave them the 3 pts

well done lads this was the Buckland of old.

Torpoint Athletic 5 - 1 Launceston

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY 17 11 3 3 56 24 32 36

BUCKLAND ATHLETIC 15 11 1 3 50 23 27 34

IVYBRIDGE TOWN 15 9 3 3 44 23 21 30

PENZANCE 16 9 2 5 34 30 4 29

BODMIN TOWN 13 8 4 1 33 16 17 28

FALMOUTH TOWN 13 8 2 3 40 19 21 26

TORPOINT ATHLETIC 12 8 2 2 35 19 16 26

ROYAL MARINES 13 6 2 5 20 20 0 20

SALTASH UNITED 12 5 4 3 35 21 14 19

ST.BLAZEY 12 5 4 3 27 17 10 19

LAUNCESTON 17 5 4 8 32 42 -10 19

ST AUSTELL 15 5 3 7 33 44 -11 18

BOVEY TRACEY 16 5 3 8 33 47 -14 18

ELBURTON VILLA 16 5 2 9 34 47 -13 17

LISKEARD ATHLETIC 16 3 5 8 21 36 -15 14

WITHERIDGE 15 4 1 10 25 39 -14 13

TAVISTOCK 13 3 3 7 20 25 -5 12

DARTMOUTH 12 3 2 7 25 41 -16 11

CULLOMPTON RANGERS 15 3 2 10 28 62 -34 11

WADEBRIDGE TOWN 15 1 2 12 15 45 -30 5

Newquay 4 - 2 Porthleven

NEWQUAY 11 9 0 2 42 20 22 27

PENRYN ATHLETIC 12 7 3 2 44 17 27 24

CAMELFORD 9 6 3 0 26 6 20 21

VOSPERS OAK VILLA 11 6 3 2 22 13 9 21

PORTHLEVEN 10 5 3 2 20 13 7 18

DOBWALLS 11 5 2 4 23 17 6 17

PERRANPORTH 12 5 2 5 20 18 2 17

CALLINGTON TOWN 10 5 1 4 26 20 6 16

FOXHOLE STARS 12 4 3 5 16 23 -7 15

GODOLPHIN ATLANTIC 9 4 2 3 19 13 6 14

PLYMSTOCK UNITED 10 3 2 5 20 21 -1 11

MOUSEHOLE 11 3 1 7 16 33 -17 10

HOLSWORTHY 11 3 1 7 10 30 -20 10

OKEHAMPTON ARGYLE 7 3 0 4 19 18 1 9

HAYLE 13 2 3 8 13 30 -17 9

TRURO CITY 11 0 1 10 7 51 -44 1

There is now a 6 point gap between Torpoint in 7th and the Marines in 8th. Do you think the top 7 are slowly pulling away from the pack and the Champions will come from one of those 7?

Also of the top 7 we keep reading about Parkway, Buckland, Bodmin and Falmouth on here, but isn't it good that Ivybridge, Penzance and Torpoint quietly get on with it, turning out the results without fuss?

Perhaps those with the most to say think they have the most to prove and loose.

No. St Blazey and Saltash will both feature in the top 7.

The two surprises of the pack at this stage are Ivybridge and Torpoint. It will be interesting to see if they can keep this momnentum going.

I Agree Dan ......But think It will be a Top 8 to include Torpoint along with St Blazey and Saltash with Penzance dropping down. Torpoint could be the Dark horses this year and could be challenging the top 3.

At the other end Cant see much hope for Wadebridge and the other relegation spot will be between Collumpton, Dartmouth and perhaps Witheridge after they have lost there manager.

Anyone else have any Mid Season thoughts on this.

Money Man

Not surprised at Torpoint being a major foce in the SWPL.

They have kept last seasons squad which is always a big factor and with Shane White back from Falmouth I see them as a top 5 club,

With their visit to Bickland on Saturday it should indicate their SWPL potential.

Great game in prospect Falmouth have never beaten Torpoint in the six previous SWP league meetings.

St.Austell have the squad to be in the top 7 or 8 but not the way we've defended this season...as you can tell i'm still traumatized by saturday! Last 3 league games....scored 14 let in 10!

Would never have put Penzance in as a top half team this season but they're going well and Penlee Park is a hard place to go. Reckon Dan's right with his assumption but would like to think St.Austell can sneak into the top half too if we can get the goals against column down (starting Saturday at Launceston please!!)

CARTER GETS FOUR IN CLASSY PERFOMANCE

Torpoint Athletic (2) 5-1 (1) Launceston

Torpoint started well in this game at ‘The Mill’ in front of a small crowd of 58, as there was Champions League on the telly and Plymouth Argyle were at home , and they actually won, which makes a change for Argyle, beating Bristol Rovers 3-1. Anyway back to real mans football.

Torpoint opened the scoring in the 25th minute when Mike Roberts run down the left hand side of the pitch, to put the ball through to Darren Hicks to cross to the goal machine Adam Carter to score with a left volley over Launceston’s keeper Saul Scarry.

In the 41st minute Lanuceston was awarded a penalty when Martin Piper challenged Sam Davey, who was brought down and he scored the penalty to level the score. A minute later Mike Robert’s shot hit the crossbar for Adam Carter to score from the rebound to make it 2-1 at half time.

In the second half Adam Carter has couple of chances early on, but the Torpoint Goal machine got his hat-trick when he done two Claret’s defenders and scored low from 10 yards.

It was 4-1 when Shane white scored a bullet from 20 yards after the ball spilled out after a Darren Hicks corner.

Torpoint was awarded a penalty in the 86th minute when Scarry brought down new striker Stuart Morgan, for Adam Carter to score his fourth of the game and to complete the scoring and make 5-1. This results keeps the Gold and Black Army in 7th with games in hand. :thumbsup:

Torpoint Athletic: Piper, Todd, Roberts, White, Veale, Hicks, Curtis (Allen 73), Carter, Grant, Morgan.

Subs Not Used: Robinson, L. Daw

Cards: Piper YC 41 :SM_carton_y:

Scorers: Carter 25, 42, 67, 86 pen White 70 :clapper:

Corners: 4

Shots on Targ: 9

Shots off Targ: 11

Possession: 60%

Launceston: Scarry, Scott, Hutchings, Walsh (Saunders 45), Rowles-Jane, Dawe, Yeo, Tilly (Blair 77), Richardson, Davey (Smith 77)

Subs Not Used: Harrison

Cards: Scarry YC 86 :SM_carton_y:

Scorers: Davey Pen 41

Corners: 2

Shots on Targ: 3

Shots off Targ: 16

Possession: 40%

Half Time: 2-1

Full Time: 5-1

Attendance: 58 (official)

Referee: Ray Patterson

Assistant Referee: Chris Evans

Assistant Referee: James Taylor

Result from homers heath

Buckland 4 Ivybridge 2

Ivybridge 2 0 up half time but a tremendous second half performance by the bucks gave them the 3 pts

That is what a Buckland fan says about his team, his team ,won what was it, 8 on the bounce, and now they are the Buckland of OLD !!!!! what is that all about, dont get me wrong i'm no great fan of the ex manager at Buckland, but you sacked a bloke who yes was full of his own self importance, but was near the top of the league with games in hand, what did the team do that was different... to be the team of old !!!!!! They went two nil down

Buckland will be up there with Bodmin at the end !!!! dont think it matters who is in charge at Buckland.... be they the old or the new Buckland!!!!

What are you now , the working class under dog team, that fights????? or just lets teams have a lead so they can show their metal! :angry2:

Budleigh Salterton 6 - 0 Exeter Civil Service

LIVERTON UNITED 9 6 3 0 28 6 22 21

TEIGNMOUTH 9 6 3 0 23 9 14 21

BUDLEIGH SALTERTON 9 6 2 1 29 11 18 20

APPLEDORE 9 6 1 2 18 12 6 19

STOKE GABRIEL 11 5 3 3 21 22 -1 18

TOTNES & DARTINGTON 9 5 0 4 22 19 3 15

EXETER CIVIL SERVICE 12 4 3 5 13 25 -12 15

EXETER UNIVERSITY 9 3 4 2 18 12 6 13

BICKLEIGH 10 4 1 5 14 13 1 13

ALPHINGTON 11 4 1 6 17 17 0 13

OTTERY ST MARY 11 4 1 6 15 29 -14 13

EXMOUTH TOWN 9 3 3 3 20 15 5 12

GALMPTON GENTS 8 3 2 3 12 12 0 11

NEWTON ABBOT SPURS 11 2 4 5 15 24 -9 10

CREDITON UNITED 12 2 1 9 14 32 -18 7

AXMINSTER TOWN 11 0 2 9 11 32 -21 2

Guest Rydon Ranger

Result from homers heath

Buckland 4 Ivybridge 2

That is what a Buckland fan says about his team, his team ,won what was it, 8 on the bounce, and now they are the Buckland of OLD !!!!! what is that all about, dont get me wrong i'm no great fan of the ex manager at Buckland, but you sacked a bloke who yes was full of his own self importance, but was near the top of the league with games in hand, what did the team do that was different... to be the team of old !!!!!! They went two nil down

Buckland will be up there with Bodmin at the end !!!! dont think it matters who is in charge at Buckland.... be they the old or the new Buckland!!!!

What are you now , the working class under dog team, that fights????? or just lets teams have a lead so they can show their metal! :angry2:

What's that all about then Red Viking, i think you are reading too much into this post. All the guy was saying was that a few weeks ago when going behind their teams heads would have dropped and they would most probably have lost the game. The point he was making is that the old never say die spirit is back and when going behind the lads respomded, like they always used to.

I don't mind you have a pop at us mate, no problem. But please try and be constructive in your critism instead of just s**t stirring. Have a nice day now..!!

Guest Rydon Ranger

Result from homers heath

Buckland 4 Ivybridge 2

Result from homers heath

Buckland 4 Ivybridge 2

What's that all about then Red Viking, i think you are reading too much into this post. All the guy was saying was that a few weeks ago when going behind their teams heads would have dropped and they would most probably have lost the game. The point he was making is that the old never say die spirit is back and when going behind the lads respomded, like they always used to.

I don't mind you have a pop at us mate, no problem. But please try and be constructive in your critism instead of just s**t stirring. Have a nice day now..!!

Just read the report in the Evening Herald........Ivybridge were forced to travel to Newton Abbot without a goalkeeper, after both Dave Painter and Terry Skelley had to work, leaving striker Jamie Middleton in goal. NOT ONE MENTION OF THIS FACT............. Maybe the result is not as good as it first seems!!

Good luck for the remainder of the season

I wasnt S**t stirring about Buckland, but think all this were the old Buckland, the post Massey era is a load of rubbish, the team fought hard under Massey, but had a couple of games where they fell apart, hardly, a major change, and if you want to look at things properly then look at the facts...about how it appears to the outsider how the team is being run...

Last Season , you were winning the league ...yet you have a manager in waiting, Massey going round acting as if he was already in charge, approaching players , and walking into dressing rooms, i felt that this showed no respect the current manager who did great and won the league.

but this was allowed and no one at Buckland seemed to worry about that, you had Massey, who was there to take you to the next level, so what went wrong, your still with games in hand looking at the top of the league you have played 3 of the top teams won 1 drawn two, which is good when you look at the other results, that is championship winning results.

My point is that you knew what you were getting with Massey, and you all wanted his vision at the end of last season,now it was the worst era in the club, and we are "the old" Buckland.

Buckland didnt change they lost a couple of games, that's football.....

Maybe some one should come clean that the thing that got Massey sacked was the players bitching, that is the same players that are now the old Buckland, maybe they should have gone out with that spirit when Maseey was there , not for Massey, BUT FOR THE OLD BUCKLAND, they should do it for themselves, and the fans.... but now their doing it and its the great OLD BUCKLAND.

Nothing against BUCKLAND but its time that you dont hide behind all this as OLD BUCKLAND, and look at themselves and their part in this sorry story, which hasnt been told. :thumbsup:

Must agree with The Villains - goalkeeping position is the hardest to cover. St.Austell have had real problems this season in that area which must be part of the reason for the goals against being so high - Gary penhaligon retired - Ellis Glassup didn't really 'do it' - Gary came back out of retirement but has been injured so in recent games we've had our 2nd team (Duchy 2) keeper, Andy Avery twice(apparently playing outfield usually for Sticker) and midfielder Adam Trudgain between the sticks. I'm not complaining at their performances but having played centre half myself (badly I hasten to add) I know how important it is for the defence to (a) be settled and (B) know their keeper and have confidence in him.....not easy if there are constant changes

Good to see three Devon clubs holding the top three positions.

Watching the game on Tuesday evening you could see why Ivybridge are in the thick of it.

But must say that I don't think there is a keeper in SWPL that would have stopped those goals.

The keeper as ten men in front of him and Buckland as some of you will discover, are a very fit team who make their opponents work hard, you could see Ivybridge huffing and puffing in the second half.

Some of you are still trying to score cheap points over the Steve Massey affair, but it wont work , Steve has gone and that's it.

And finally, before the St Luke's Bowl game against Elburton, Bucklands first game since Mr Massey departed there was a banner in the Bucks dressing room, It simply said "Relax and go and enjoy your football" Says it all really.

Oh! BTW.. Buckland ( I have been reliably informed) have applied for step 5 football.

Really!

It's is nice to see some clubs in the SWPL to have some ambition!

Good luck to Buckland, and I think they will do well, as I have seen 2 Western league sides this season (Odd Down & Radstock Town) playing against Torpoint and we beat them both. Odd Down in the FA Cup and Radstock in the FA Vase.

I don't think there is a very small gap in the standard of football between in the two leagues.

Really!

It's is nice to see some clubs in the SWPL to have some ambition!

Good luck to Buckland, and I think they will do well, as I have seen 2 Western league sides this season (Odd Down & Radstock Town) playing against Torpoint and we beat them both. Odd Down in the FA Cup and Radstock in the FA Vase.

I think there is a very small gap in the standard of football between in the two leagues.