Cornwall Football Forum

St blazey 3-4 plymouth parkway

Pressure and quality told in this recent fixture as parkway deserved victory despite the second half being dominated by blazey.

Supporters of blazey i was talking too cannot understand why their team are underperforming, but also the lack of finances, read what you want into that.

On the game itself lee doel stood out for me as man of the match.

One moment sparked fury amongst supporters was the substitution of danny zallick who threw his shirt into the dugout, walking to the changing rooms across the pitch while the game was in play. That was uncalled for, but, if a striker doesnt get the deliveries he needs then your goingto be fuming.

There was about 140 watching the game, and to be honest it wasnt great long ball after long ball, parkway with hobbs and wright causing problems all game. Shane krac the star in midfield.

It was blazey who had the first chance after 13 minutes, josh higman clear on goal firing straight at matt england.

Parkway took the lead on 20 mins with a superb half volley from chris wright.

Their second came 8 minutes later. Hobbs the provider witha great assist. His run down the left side cutting inside the defence and leashing a ball the centre halfs could not deal with and wright was on hand to smash his second goal of the game on his left past kai stone 2-0 and half time.

The second half it was parkway again who found the net.

52 minutes it should have been 2-1 but josh higman played a ball across the parkway box when he had a clear sight of goal.

From that cross parkway broke down the right hobbs again the threat but showed too much skill too late ensuring the ball went out for a goal kick. Hobbs was clearly upset by something and was then booked for dissent.

That didnt seem to bother him as a minute later it was he who made it 3-0 to all but secure the win for parkway. Playing from defence lee doel surged forwards and played a sweet ball through the defence with hobbs onside. He rounded the oncoming stone and slotted the ball home 3-0.

Zallick clearly frustrated after being subbed was replaced by sam cooper who changed the game with a second half hattrick. The blazey faithfully think highly of cooper who may have made the result different had he started. Saying that 2 goals came from the penalty spot.

The comeback started on 68 when luke rundle won an aerial battle and the loose ball fell to sam cooper who drilled home from 7 yards.

Coopers first goal made blazey confident attacking the parkway goal every minute that remained, but parkway extended their lead on 81 minutes. A shane krac corner not dealt with by the blazey defence and john heveran converting the loose ball 4-1.

Cooper scored 2 pens, 84 and 90 to make it 4-3 and a great win for parkway. Blazey need more belief in their club if they are to finish in a respectable place.

St blazey 1.kai stone 2.david trott 3.luke rundle 4.tom smith (lewis vines 82) 5.mamsie s'abo 6.dave hollow 7.chris reski 8.will cherrill 9.richard ivers 10.danny zallick (sam cooper 56)

11.josh higman.

Parkway 1. Matt england 2. Paul heveran 3. Lee bevan 4. John heveran 5. Marc bonney 6. Lee doel 7. Shane krac 8. Danny brook 9. Chris wright 10. Glynn hobbs 11. Lee coxon (ryan richards or mark reckless)

Thats a fair summary. Parkway looked a class act at times especially going forward. It was clear to see why they had scored so many goals so far this season. At the back it isnt quite so strong. At 4-1 up Parkway should have shut up shop but they continued to give away freekick after freekick away and St Blazey took advantage winning two penalties and giving Parkway a late scare.

As for Zallick.....was he subbed or did he walk off? Most of us behind the goal think he walked because Cooper was still sat on the bench and Hoops looked on in amazement. I might be wrong though.

You have to feel for the groundsman at St Blazey. I believe that was match number 42 on the Blaize Park pitch and weve only just hit November. Thats not including training sessions. The pitch looked amazing in August. A long old slog over winter now for the groundman.

Next saturday is the next round of the F.A Vase. Lets hope we can sneak into the next round and earn a nice away trip.

Thats a fair summary. Parkway looked a class act at times especially going forward. It was clear to see why they had scored so many goals so far this season. At the back it isnt quite so strong. At 4-1 up Parkway should have shut up shop but they continued to give away freekick after freekick away and St Blazey took advantage winning two penalties and giving Parkway a late scare.

As for Zallick.....was he subbed or did he walk off? Most of us behind the goal think he walked because Cooper was still sat on the bench and Hoops looked on in amazement. I might be wrong though.

You have to feel for the groundsman at St Blazey. I believe that was match number 42 on the Blaize Park pitch and weve only just hit November. Thats not including training sessions. The pitch looked amazing in August. A long old slog over winter now for the groundman.

Next saturday is the next round of the F.A Vase. Lets hope we can sneak into the next round and earn a nice away trip.

It didn't look as though the St Blazey bench had signalled for a sub as zallick walked off, but I went to the same school as zallick and after speaking to him after the game, i said, at the end of the day there was not a single blazey player who can say they played their heart on their sleeve apart from wheldon who is class for them. The supporters know theres not enough money for the club coming in, though zallick should be pissed off as said before if the quality of service was there, who knows but the side rallied together to put parkway under pressure towards to the end.

It didn't look as though the St Blazey bench had signalled for a sub as zallick walked off, but I went to the same school as zallick and after speaking to him after the game, i said, at the end of the day there was not a single blazey player who can say they played their heart on their sleeve apart from wheldon who is class for them. The supporters know theres not enough money for the club coming in, though zallick should be pissed off as said before if the quality of service was there, who knows but the side rallied together to put parkway under pressure towards to the end.

Mike, there is nobody called Wheldon at St. Blazey..

HAHA Never trust a man called Mike to give you match reports as we always make a mistake somewhere.

I meant Luke Rundle not Luke Wheldon (edited as published)

I wouldn't worry too much. BBC Radio Cornwall kept referring to "Leigh" Cooper as Blazey's goalscorer on Saturday in the match report! I wondered what Coops was doing now on a Saturday afternoon after resigning from Liskeard!

Mike, there is nobody called Wheldon at St. Blazey..

HAHA Never trust a man called Mike to give you match reports as we always make a mistake somewhere.

I meant Luke Rundle not Luke Wheldon (edited as published)

I wouldn't worry too much. BBC Radio Cornwall kept referring to "Leigh" Cooper as Blazey's goalscorer on Saturday in the match report! I wondered what Coops was doing now on a Saturday afternoon after resigning from Liskeard! yahoo.gif

Great result for Parkway, shame about the size of the crowd for this game. Perhaps they are supporting St Austell instead. Keep up the good work Parkway