Cornwall Football Forum

County Football returns to Poltair Park.

AFC St.Austell's Poltair Park will host the forthcoming Cornwall Youth v Devon Youth in the South West Counties Youth U18 Championship. The tie will be played on Saturday 20th November with a 2.00 pm kick off. This will be first time for many,many years that St.Austell has hosted a County Representative fixture. Certainly the 'Youth' have'nt played there, the 'Senior' side would have done so, however i cannot find the date and the opposition involved, you would have to go back some 30 years i reckon. Maybe someone out there could enlighten me.

With it being the local derby, perhaps an 11am k.o. would attract more than just parents. Perhaps the rest of us would like to see our future stars play for the county and then watch our own sides at 3.00pm.

Sorry, how silly of me, we are talking about the CCFA here. And yes, I am miffed that once again, Newquay will be without 4 players, not that I blame the boys, they should take any honour they can out of the game at every level. It does not detract from the fact, that CCFA do not think of anyone but themselves, this particular county game could have been played any day of the week.

That's a big thumbs up to the committee who have worked so hard to get Poltair looking so good - both the surrounds of the pitch, facilities and playing surface itself. How things can change in a few years but it takes a lot of committed people and St.Austell have that with a large, diverse committee all doing their different jobs and putting in hours of free time for the love of the club. This is all backed up by a first team of local lads and a second team which would be a credit to any club anywhere.