Exeter Civil Service v Exeter University

Crediton United v Ottery St Mary

FA Vase Second Round Proper:

Bristol Manor Farm v Torpoint Athletic

Dawlish Town v Bodmin Town

Plymouth Parkway v Melksham Town

St Blazey v Hengrove Athletic

Willand Rovers v Saltash United

GOOD LUCK to all the SWPL Teams tomorrow, show them this Lge is just as good :thumbsup:

It would be good to see all four Cornish sides progress.

I think this is the best representation Cornwall has had at this stage for a few years. By my reckoning, the only Cornish side left in at the second round stage last year was Saltash, who lost 2-1 at Bristol Manor Farm in front of 64 spectators.

I think Saltash have the biggest ask today, away to Western League top team Willand Rovers.

Torpoint and Bodmin could consider their ties a bit more winnable; both of their opponents lie mid-table in the Western Premier.

St Blazey host Hengrove, who were playing County Leeague only a couple of seasons ago. Not to be taken lightly though as they recorded one of the shocks of the first round by putting out Ilfracombe in North Devon.

Let's hope we can see the four Cornish sides through, and show that Cornish football is on the rise again.

You won't want a replay Dan - I recall watching St.Austell win (3-2 or 2-1) at Hengrove in the same stage (I think) of the Vase in 1987/88. From what I recall it was a bit of a dump and a long old trip. They were in the Hellenic league at the time if my memory is right.

That was a lengthy coach trip - would like to be on the St.Austell coach to Bovey today but can't make it. Good luck boys and let's hope for another away win.

Vase:

Plymouth Parkway 6-1 Melksham Town

Willand Rovers 2-1 Saltash United

League:

Penzance 1-1 Ivybridge Town

Wadebridge Town 3-2 Dartmouth

Tavistock P-P Witheridge

Launceston 3-1 Cullompton Rangers

Falmouth Town 2-1 Liskeard Athletic

Buckland Athletic 4-2 Royal Marines

Bovey Tracey 3-4 St Austell

Guest Rydon Ranger

Well done to Bodmin, Parkway and Torpoint, fantastic results. Blazey you have another chance to get your name into the next round. I guess the Western Prem is beginning to realise what SWPL is all about? Good luck to you all in the next round. :clapper:

SWPL (West)

Camelford 3 - 1 Okehampton Argyle

Camels scorers: Ryan Pooley 2, Dave Andrews 1

Great win again today for the Camels. Well fought contest by both teams, shame the away No9 felt it acceptable to spit at the opposition and

affect what was otherwise a well disciplined Okehampton side.

Falmouth Town V Liskeard,

this was a terrible match to watch, if Falmouth had put away all the chances that came their way they would have one this match by a mile, but credit to Liskeard, they never stopped running & they caused Falmouth real problems because they prevented them from playing good along the ground Football, & deserved to take the lead, & even when they had a man sent of for kicking a town player after being fouled, Falmouth struggled to break them down,

it is the same old story at Falmouth no reconised striker up front who can put the ball into the Goal,

A very frustrating afternoon for the Town supporters,

Hammers :c::o:( :c:

Thought I would pop down and watch 3rd versus 4th In the premier division. Went down to Penzance to watch ivybridge try to kick the s*** out of Penzance. I was very disappointed in the way the 3rd place team went about their business, I totally understand and appreciate their will to win but this was far to

much especially In the first half. Didn't think the ref protected the Penzance players very well either as there could have been a couple of reds, one fore arm smash was a certain red. Great game to watch though and glad I travelled down. Good luck to both teams

Thought I would pop down and watch 3rd versus 4th In the premier division. Went down to Penzance to watch ivybridge try to kick the s*** out of Penzance. I was very disappointed in the way the 3rd place team went about their business, I totally understand and appreciate their will to win but this was far to

much especially In the first half. Didn't think the ref protected the Penzance players very well either as there could have been a couple of reds, one fore arm smash was a certain red. Great game to watch though and glad I travelled down. Good luck to both teams

Stop talking out your backside....... the tackles made were HARD but fair. If the ivybridge player got booked for the first half tackle, then why didnt the penzance player get booked in the second half for the SAME tackle?

Both teams could have won the game, but for some poor finishing.

Ivybridge went one up, Dennis Mason scoring from the pen spot.

Penzance levelled the scores with a well taken goal. The miss of the match would have been from the Pz striker heading the ball into the ground and over the bar from about 5 yards.

A draw was just about the right result.

Attendance was about 60 ish

It would be good to see all four Cornish sides progress.

I think this is the best representation Cornwall has had at this stage for a few years. By my reckoning, the only Cornish side left in at the second round stage last year was Saltash, who lost 2-1 at Bristol Manor Farm in front of 64 spectators.

I think Saltash have the biggest ask today, away to Western League top team Willand Rovers.

Torpoint and Bodmin could consider their ties a bit more winnable; both of their opponents lie mid-table in the Western Premier.

St Blazey host Hengrove, who were playing County Leeague only a couple of seasons ago. Not to be taken lightly though as they recorded one of the shocks of the first round by putting out Ilfracombe in North Devon.

Let's hope we can see the four Cornish sides through, and show that Cornish football is on the rise again.

Good to see Plymouth Parkway flying the flag for Devon as well as one of teams left representing the Peninsular League in the FA Vase

Bristol Manor Farm (2) 3-7 (1) Torpoint Athletic,

Scorers: Carter (3), Grant (2), Hicks & Thornton.

Att: 55 (22 from Torpoint).

We had a great a day out. The Torpoint crowd created a really good atmosphere at 'The Creek', with singing and chanting. So there you go Dan Blazey, Torpoint can sing as well as you and your fans can!!!

We have been drawn away to Verwood Town of the Wessex League Division 1 and are 16th out of 19 in the league and are in step 6, same as Torpoint.

Perranporth 4 - 2 penryn.

heard winno had a bad day at the office, whos nxt in the frame for penryns number 1 shirt?

I normally only come on here to read things but thought Simon might need sticking up for here. Ive watched the last few games that Si has played and to be fair he has played very well. In fact the score line would have been higher on saturday had he not made a flying save from Kane Trevaskis early in the first half. Why do people have to point the finger at Simon ? All in all we were beaten by a much better team on the day, some of their football left us supporters open mouthed and giving credit to Perran they more than deserved the 3 points :c:

PC

Penzance 1(0-1)1 Ivybridge

Game delayed due to a suspected broken leg to a Pz player.

Further to the above.

The player concerned is 16 year old Mark Richards who has broken his "Growth Plate" in his leg. Get well soon.

http://www.penzanceafc.co.uk/#/first-team-mark-richards/4543262414

The growth plate, also known as the epiphyseal plate or physis, is the area of growing tissue near the ends of the long bones in children and adolescents.

Because the growth plates are the weakest areas of the growing skeleton - even weaker than the nearby ligaments and tendons that connect bones to other bones and muscles - they are vulnerable to injury. Injuries to the growth plate are called fractures.

Best wishes to a speedy recovery