Cornwall Football Forum

Blazey's pitch under 1ft of water

I woke up this morning and looked down over St Blazey's pitch and it looked more like Par Duck Pond....I can't see them plAying on that pitch for a good few weeks now! I estimate in some areas it was 2ft deep.

Severe flooding was causing chaos in the area and I witnessed a couple of cars behind the ground in the housing estate more or less submerged! Not very nice to see!

I just thought I'd let you Blazey fans know what has happened!!

Sunders x

I woke up this morning and looked down over St Blazey's pitch and it looked more like Par Duck Pond....I can't see them plAying on that pitch for a good few weeks now! I estimate in some areas it was 2ft deep.

Severe flooding was causing chaos in the area and I witnessed a couple of cars behind the ground in the housing estate more or less submerged! Not very nice to see!

I just thought I'd let you Blazey fans know what has happened!!

Sunders x

Any chance of sending a picture of the pitch into SkyNews, news@sky.com

This could cause a major fixture pile up for St Blazey especially as four club teams use the pitch and also the Western Inn Vets team. Can't see any game being staged before 4th December. :(

Paul does an excellent job with the pitch ensuring that its in good order for all games that are not peninsula. i remember he saying the pitch had already been used 70-80 times already before this weather.

As we have neutral views on the league sides, why dont we all group together to help the pitch at blazey to show our support. after all they are just as important to the league as other sides as well.

We would all love to see a covered stand at the laundry end. Unfortunately the Chairman and Secretary have jobs (not many on committee have though) so were unable to be at the club to meet HRH but Mr Putt always willing to get his face in paper or on telly. Will be busy time once it stops raining to get pitch sorted but I'm sure the whole committee will help out ! oh no silly me just be the same few faces.

This could cause a major fixture pile up for St Blazey especially as four club teams use the pitch and also the Western Inn Vets team. Can't see any game being staged before 4th December. :(

Paul does an excellent job with the pitch ensuring that its in good order for all games that are not peninsula. i remember he saying the pitch had already been used 70-80 times already before this weather.

As we have neutral views on the league sides, why dont we all group together to help the pitch at blazey to show our support. after all they are just as important to the league as other sides as well.

I don't know where you got the figure of 70-80 games but your source is incorrect, figure is about 43 games quite a difference I think you'll agree.

I don't know where you got the figure of 70-80 games but your source is incorrect, figure is about 43 games quite a difference I think you'll agree.

Must be over a season then, cause of all those league games, plus theres the games for torquay development as well.

• 2 weeks later...