Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Elburton Villa - Match OFF

Match off due to a flooded pitch.

This statement issued by Phil Hiscox on the SWPL website:

"I have given permission today to postpone the St Blazey v Elburton Villa Premier Division fixture scheduled for Saturday.

This is obviously due to the flooding that has been widely reported and that affected St Blazey particularly badly.

The pitch is still under water to from the ground entrance to the half way line and its unlikely it will be fit for play for several weeks.

The club hopes that they will be able to stage their Vase tie on Saturday 4th December but even that will require a significant dry spell to achieve.

Our thoughts go to the club, along with all those affected by the flooding.

Allowing a club to postpone prior to matchday can only be done in exceptional circumstances and only St Blazey of the teams at home this weekend have been affected this badly. Other clubs will have to conduct pitch inspections on Saturday morning if they deem it necessary."

While league games can be rescheduled, I know the Vase match is something the FA will want played. I know it's a few weeks off but perhaps we could be looking at a change of venue and a trip to Salisbury.