Cornwall Football Forum

Glyn Hobbs to join Truro City

I have been reliably informed that Lee Hodges is set to signing Plymouth Parkway striker Glyn Hobbs in January. This will be a direct replacement for Barry Hayles who does not look set to extend his loan spell. Hobbs would be a good signing for City. He is 24 years old and is only not playing at league level because of his criminal past. If he applies himself he would be an exceptional forward at Conference level.

Would be a great signing, no one can doubt that Glynn Hobbs is a superb striker and would be a real acquisition for Truro.

Rumours have it that a certain man dangled a Golden Carrot for him to join Buckland,however rumours also abound that Hayles is on £750 a week at Truro, unsustainable surely at Step 3 ? So this would appear , if true, to be a sensible signing.

I regulary watch glynn at parkway and when he was at tavy, for me he would comfortably fit into argyles squd let alone truros. when on song hes unplayably at this level extremely strong and very quick. watching the crap of fallon and mclean at home park, and the way he unsettled timar an siep this week its a no brainer for me that glynn could do a job for truro city.

I have been reliably informed that Lee Hodges is set to signing Plymouth Parkway striker Glyn Hobbs in January. This will be a direct replacement for Barry Hayles who does not look set to extend his loan spell. Hobbs would be a good signing for City. He is 24 years old and is only not playing at league level because of his criminal past. If he applies himself he would be an exceptional forward at Conference level.

i doubt it has anything to do with his past, football league clubs are littered with players with much worse criminal

records than glyn supposedly has.

Massive step to conference, he'd do ok but today he could do a league one job is cra@p. Do you think Timar and Seip really gave a toss playing a friendly against a club 8 or so leagues below, especially when they are both looking for new clubs and avoiding injury.

As for Hobbs, very good player no doubt, but it's got nothing to do with criminal record, it's his attitude

Massive step to conference, he'd do ok but today he could do a league one job is cra@p. Do you think Timar and Seip really gave a toss playing a friendly against a club 8 or so leagues below, especially when they are both looking for new clubs and avoiding injury.

There are plenty of players at this level and above who could cut it in pro football, its just that they have never been given the chance.

And while Argyle continue to rely on scouts whom they deem as experts , such as John James they will remain in trouble.

Becoming a pro footballer is more about who you know and not what you know and having people talk you up.

Luke Summerfield seems to spring to mind ?

Was told yesterday by someone from the Parkway camp that a replacement for Hobbs was already in place,Torpoints Josh Grant.

is that an official approach for josh or a underhanded one, i believe seven days to the club (torpoint) is the

correct way. very much doubt he would leave torpoint at the moment,

Glyn Hobbs has been in talks with Lee Hodges about a move to Treyew Road but as yet there is no confirmation from the City chairman. Hopefully he will see the benefit of bringing a young talented 'local' player to Truro.

your not the same dan thomas who works as general manager for plymouth argyle football club? i went to exeter jpt with glyn and he didnt tell me where he got tickets so im presuming you know him very well through football somehow?

Hodges is also interested in signing Plymouth Argyle defender Jack Stephens. The 16 year old has made one start and three substitute appearances for argyle this season. This once again is the right type of young local player Hodges should be signing.

as said in my previous post another link with plymouth argyle. this is because you work for them, so know who would be leaving plymouth or who would be talked about moving on loan.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Glyn last night in Plymouth who told me that the deal with Truro appears to have fallen through because Barry Hayles has extended his spell. He is still keen to train with the club and continue talks with the management but hasn't heard anything recently. As for Jack Stephens, I don't think talks even got started!