Totnes & Dartington v Liverton United

Stoke Gabriel v Budleigh Salterton

Ottery St Mary v Bickleigh

Newton Abbot Spurs v Alphington

Galmpton Gents v Teignmouth

Exmouth Town v Crediton United

Exeter Civil Service v Appledore

Axminster Town v Exeter University

Newton Abbot is forecast down to minus 3 tomorrow with a daytime temp of 3 degrees tomorrow.

I would say this one is 50/50

Dan i was up there at 3.30ish today and it was fine, the groundsman was on it getting it ready for the arrival of the blazey barmey army!!

His only concern is the section that is shaded by the grandstand, this takes longer to thaw than the rest of the pitch. It was -3 up here this morning, and they dont give it as cold as that tonight so i would rate it at 80/20 (the 20% doubt being that the met office are wrong again and the temp plumits)

Look forward to seeing you boys tommorow, always a pleasure.

No overnight snow and a light frost this morning.

Not jumping the gun but I should imagine that this game will be on.

One thing... I wish the BBC would scrap its weather forecasting, it is at best inaccurate and usually totally wrong !

Yep, we were not expecting tropical Newquay to be snowned under this morning. Everywhere else seems to be ok, just not sure we can get out of town, although I find it hard to believe Callingtons pitch is ok.

From what I hear, the heavy stuff seemed quite localised in Newquay. I'm sure if you can get out, you'll find the roads OK.

I'm packing sleeping bag and thermos of hot drink on the off chance that the heavy rain/snow out in the Channel reaches land, and I would advise others doing cross border journeys to do the same.

Cornwall and Devon are forecast dry throughout the day, but we know how unpredictable the forecast can be.

Buckland 3 ST Blazey 2

Buckland 2 0 down half time 2 goals by lynch and 1 og gave Buckland the 3pts

Fair result on a freezing afternoon as Buckland dominated large periods of the game, missed two first half sitters too !

All credit to Blazey for the two goals, after appalling defensive and keeping errors.

Own goal was from Mamsey Sabo, who I must say didn`t put a foot wrong apart from the OG.

Blazey always looked dangerous on the break and their playing ability belies their league position.

Couldn't understand why they took off their number 10, as I thought he was probably their most dangerous player.

With Ivybridge and Parkway losing it was an even better result for us.

Callington Town 6 v 3 Newquay AFC

The Peppermints were up against it even before the game was declared on, many couldn't get out of town due to being snowed in. Jim Hilton had to leave his car at home as he couldn't get it out of the driveway. Well done to those players (inc 2nd and 3rd teamers) and supporters who did make it, common sense would have dictated the game called off for safety reasons, very little of that about today. Even the Newquay Lino was snow blind, he missed the 4th Cally goal being 2 yards offside.

No seats, very dark at times when clouds/snow came in, no protection from the wind and snow as it blew directly into the bus shelter, off the pitch was slippy as hell, no clubhouse to seek refuge in - surely these things must be taken into account in the SWPL ? Spectator comfort and safety is just as important as the players isn't it ?

Right result eventually, Newquay managed to concede 4 goals despite having 60-70% of the game upto that point, Cally defended well, Newquay didn't.

Buckland 3 ST Blazey 2

Fair result on a freezing afternoon as Buckland dominated large periods of the game, missed two first half sitters too !

All credit to Blazey for the two goals, after appalling defensive and keeping errors.

Own goal was from Mamsey Sabo, who I must say didn`t put a foot wrong apart from the OG.

Blazey always looked dangerous on the break and their playing ability belies their league position.

Couldn't understand why they took off their number 10, as I thought he was probably their most dangerous player.

Absolutely gutted about this one after doing all the hard work to get 2-0 up.

Seems odd everybody keeps going on about our lowly league position - a quick look at the games played column will explain that.

Crowd was about 75, with St Blazey making up nearly a third of that. This was one of the poorest attendances I have ever seen at an SWPL Premier match on what was the biggest game of the day. Just 5 of the seats in the grandstand were taken and the ground generally looked empty. What has happened to Buckland's support? Surely this must be a worry for a club with ambitions to climb up the pyramid.

Anyway, 3 points chucked away today, but happy to have given the champions a big scare.

The Peppermints were up against it even before the game was declared on, many couldn't get out of town due to being snowed in. Jim Hilton had to leave his car at home as he couldn't get it out of the driveway. Well done to those players (inc 2nd and 3rd teamers) and supporters who did make it, common sense would have dictated the game called off for safety reasons, very little of that about today. Even the Newquay Lino was snow blind, he missed the 4th Cally goal being 2 yards offside.

No seats, very dark at times when clouds/snow came in, no protection from the wind and snow as it blew directly into the bus shelter, off the pitch was slippy as hell, no clubhouse to seek refuge in - surely these things must be taken into account in the SWPL ? Spectator comfort and safety is just as important as the players isn't it ?

Right result eventually, Newquay managed to concede 4 goals despite having 60-70% of the game upto that point, Cally defended well, Newquay didn't.

Surely as long as the Callington pitch was playable and the Newquay team were physically able to get there, I can't see what grounds there are for calling it off. Footie is a winter game, so wrap up warm and enjoy :)

Buckland 3v2 St Blazey.

Great game of football. End to end stuff and it could have been any score. St Blazey played really well on the break in the first half and scored two well taken goals. Buckland missed a sitter straight from the kick off to make it 1-1. Then at 2-0 Gaze worked a good one two but Tom in goal pulled off a great save. Second half started well for St Blazey and it took Buckland 10 minutes to get going. They had a 20 minute spell where we realy struggled to keep hold of the ball. The third goal was one of those great balls across goal which had to be cleareed with a Buckland player waiting to tap it in. Sadly a slice took it in the corner anyway. :(

Anyway, great day out, bloody freezing, but a good burger and chips at half time sorted that out.

The program was top quality as always, that will take some beating to win program of the year!!

Now for the F.A Vase. :drink:

Buckland 3 ST Blazey 2

Seems odd everybody keeps going on about our lowly league position - a quick look at the games played column will explain that.

Crowd was about 75, with St Blazey making up nearly a third of that. This was one of the poorest attendances I have ever seen at an SWPL Premier match on what was the biggest game of the day. Just 5 of the seats in the grandstand were taken and the ground generally looked empty. What has happened to Buckland's support? Surely this must be a worry for a club with ambitions to climb up the pyramid.

Anyway, 3 points chucked away today, but happy to have given the champions a big scare.

Buckland 3v2 St Blazey.

Great game of football. End to end stuff and it could have been any score. St Blazey played really well on the break in the first half and scored two well taken goals. Buckland missed a sitter straight from the kick off to make it 1-1. Then at 2-0 Gaze worked a good one two but Tom in goal pulled off a great save. Second half started well for St Blazey and it took Buckland 10 minutes to get going. They had a 20 minute spell where we realy struggled to keep hold of the ball. The third goal was one of those great balls across goal which had to be cleareed with a Buckland player waiting to tap it in. Sadly a slice took it in the corner anyway. :(

Anyway, great day out, bloody freezing, but a good burger and chips at half time sorted that out.

The program was top quality as always, that will take some beating to win program of the year!!

Now for the F.A Vase. :drink:

Glad you enjoyed it Paul, was bloody freezing tho!!!! Should have had the cup of tea I offered you Lol :thumbsup:

Buckland 3 ST Blazey 2

Dan. Like so many teams this season,you looked like a team waiting to get beaten. 2 up and i thought you should have pushed on, got the 3rd and wrapped it up. In the end you came away with nothing.

It would be fair to say that our ambitions are to remain one of the best sides in devon and cornwall. After todays set of results, are we looking at a 3 horse race?

Thanks for the offer of tea but im one of those weird people who hates tea and coffee!! :lol:

I think you looked a much better team than Parkway did a few weeks ago. But they wont be far off but loosing home to Launceston is a big defeat!! Bodmin keep plugging away and Torpoint are winning well so at the moment, its between 4 but could be 3 soon.

Falmouth 6 Columpton 1

Falmouth hit back with a good win, but the score doesnt reflect everything, Chapman in the Falmouth goal made three top draw saves ... best keeper in the premier league !!!!

2 up at half time they push on second half and were four nil up till a great free kick beat Chapman to make it 4 1 then a penalty and another at the end made it comfortable for Falmouth.

Good win after last weeks performance, not a bad crowd...damn cold....

Great support for Columpton.

They can take something from the game despite the result.

Both teams played some good passing football.

Baylo with all due respect to Buckand Athletic, you may have come across a few teams who in your opinion are "waiting to get beaten" but I doubt you will come across a team with the average age of 18.1 years again for a while!!

So I think credit where credits due for such an in-experienced team to have got done what they did in the first period against a team of players who have bundles of league titles, cups and FA Vases to their names!

All said and done though, Buckland proved why they are still the team to beat in this league in the second period today.

Best of luck to all at Buckland this season though, a good club with good people behind it.

Buckland 3 ST Blazey 2

It would be fair to say that our ambitions are to remain one of the best sides in devon and cornwall.

I hope not Phil, otherwise Homers Heath would seem a pointless White Elephant..Perhaps S.Massey had a point ?

Buckland 3 ST Blazey 2

seems odd everybody keeps going on about our lowly league position - a quick look at the games played column will explain that.

Dan... You have only played one less than Bodmin..But are a whole fifteen points behind them ?

Falmouth 6 Columpton 1

Falmouth hit back with a good win, but the score doesnt reflect everything, Chapman in the Falmouth goal made three top draw saves ... best keeper in the premier league !!!!

2 up at half time they push on second half and were four nil up till a great free kick beat Chapman to make it 4 1 then a penalty and another at the end made it comfortable for Falmouth.

Luke Wort promoted from the JCCL side in place of the unavailable Matt Drummond-Scores a Hat Trick

A flashing header from Nigel Thwaites to open the scoring - His 61st for Falmouth.

Other scorers James Miller and Mark Vercesi.

One of the great saves seen at Bickland for some time when Jason Chapman reacted to a deflected shot to finger tip over the crossbar.

A welcome return to the club for Adam Trudgian from Foxhole-previous St.Austell,liskeard.

Also back on the sidelines Stuart Massey with his vocal encouragment

An excellent turnout of Cullompton supporters who I understand are having a long weekend in Falmouth

got the excuses in early JUDGE I see, not every club have the superb facilities that NFC have, but we are working towards them. I thought it was a very good game today with Callington being worthy winners. We were very disappointed that that not one person came back to the CTFC clubhouse after the game, it is very important that we support each others clubs, especially in the current financial climate. :SM_carton:

just been on the SWPL fourm nice bit about blazey from buckland

I won't copy his comments over to here without his permission, but the banter between the two sets of supporters was excellent today. We find that so many clubs in this league seem to lack true fans, but that is certainly not the case at Homers.

I found everybody that I spoke to extremely friendly and I wish this professionally run club all the best.

Remember Dan,

The game at Torpoint we beat you 2-1 at 'The Mill' and I give your fans some banter!!!!

We beat the Royal Marines 5-1, with another Adam Carter Hat-trick. I watched the game from the lovely warm club house with a nice pasty, a bit of cake and a couple of cups of tea! Their ground is lovely with nice people. The first time I visited them. The report with all the stats will follow tomorrow when I get back from the Con's Club after I have had a good night round Torpoint!!

got the excuses in early JUDGE I see, not every club have the superb facilities that NFC have, but we are working towards them. I thought it was a very good game today with Callington being worthy winners. We were very disappointed that that not one person came back to the CTFC clubhouse after the game, it is very important that we support each others clubs, especially in the current financial climate. :SM_carton:

Can't speak for the team but if they were as worried as we were about getting home, then it was understandable. Perhaps if the cricket club wasn't a mile away or was on the route out of town, we would have stopped for 10 minutes.

I'm trying to write a match report for our local paper but as there was no programme, I cannot identify your goalscorers, I'll take the info from the Sunday Indy.

Well done again, as I said, the right result, eventually.

Falmouth 6 Columpton 1

Luke Wort promoted from the JCCL side in place of the unavailable Matt Drummond-Scores a Hat Trick

A flashing header from Nigel Thwaites to open the scoring - His 61st for Falmouth.

Other scorers James Miller and Mark Vercesi.

One of the great saves seen at Bickland for some time when Jason Chapman reacted to a deflected shot to finger tip over the crossbar.

A welcome return to the club for Adam Trudgian from Foxhole-previous St.Austell,liskeard.

Also back on the sidelines Stuart Massey with his vocal encouragment

An excellent turnout of Cullompton supporters who I understand are having a long weekend in Falmouth

Mike nice to see Steward Massey back on the sidelines he is first rate do you know if he is back at Falmouth full time,

Hammers :c::yahoo: :c:

I have to agree with MIDDLE MANS MATE about clubs supporting each other. Godolphin did come into our clubhouse yesterday, everyone of them walked past the bar, without stopping to buy a drink. Stood at the end of the room waiting for their food, refused to buy a raffle, ate their food & were then ushered out of the bar by the land lady of their local pub ! MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HOSPITALLITY LADS !!!!!!! :clapper:

I have to agree with MIDDLE MANS MATE about clubs supporting each other. Godolphin did come into our clubhouse yesterday, everyone of them walked past the bar, without stopping to buy a drink. Stood at the end of the room waiting for their food, refused to buy a raffle, ate their food & were then ushered out of the bar by the land lady of their local pub ! MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HOSPITALLITY LADS !!!!!!! :clapper:

If Porthleven looked after their local players I am sure they wouldn't be in such a predicament. I recall a certain manager saying 'nobody comes to watch Porthleven because they don't know who the players are' and clearly stating at last years Dinner & Dance 'This is a local club for local players'. Yet bombs out the Porthlevener to bring in lads from Truro and St Austell??

Yeah, obviously not good enough, he is only the top-scorer for them this season and most of the players are begging him to come back because they are saying Port are horrendous without him, that was from the players. So you make your own mind up Zinny, but I would probably say he is good enough.

Yeah, obviously not good enough, he is only the top-scorer for them this season and most of the players are begging him to come back because they are saying Port are horrendous without him, that was from the players. So you make your own mind up Zinny, but I would probably say he is good enough.

Good enough you mean like you was good enough at Penryn, Penzance,Falmouth all clubs that you have tried to play for but have not stayed at any,perhaps combination is your level of football.Sorry forgot Truro as well whos next?

May I firstly say a big Thank-You for taking such an interest in who I play for etc.

Can I say that I am still signed on for Truro but my partner has a life-threatening illness so I decided to play locally in case I need to dash off at anytime, hence I will be closer to home, some things are more important than football and both Gary Pascoe from Truro and Sid from Helston understand the situation I am in.

In respect to the other clubs I have been at, Home is where the Heart is. I felt the most comfortable playing my football at Porthleven and don't believe I was given the chance at Penryn and Penzance to prove myself. Having taken such an interest in me I am surprised you do not this.

May I firstly say a big Thank-You for taking such an interest in who I play for etc.

Can I say that I am still signed on for Truro but my partner has a life-threatening illness so I decided to play locally in case I need to dash off at anytime, hence I will be closer to home, some things are more important than football and both Gary Pascoe from Truro and Sid from Helston understand the situation I am in.

In respect to the other clubs I have been at, Home is where the Heart is. I felt the most comfortable playing my football at Porthleven and don't believe I was given the chance at Penryn and Penzance to prove myself. Having taken such an interest in me I am surprised you do not this.

No Probs have fun