Cornwall Football Forum

verwood v torpoint

Bring on Bloxwich Utd,another away drew looks like we got to do it the hard way lol,anyboby no anything about them?

I live about 4 miles from Bloxwich, which is on the A34 about 3 miles north of Walsall town centre. Apart from a main street with the usual small shops there is nowt to do/see in Bloxwich, apart from plenty of pubs, so if anyone is coming up early, go to Walsall first. Torpoint to Bloxwich must be about 225 miles. I regularly drive from here (Brownhills) to Plymouth and including a half hour break it takes 3.5 to 4 hours depending on traffic.

They are currently 7th in the West Midlands Regional League, won 10, drawn 4, lost 5, 18 points behind the leaders. However they did beat a team from a higher league (Heath Hayes) in the last round. I would still think that Torpoint should have a very good chance of winning though.

The ground is decent enough, fully enclosed, seating behind one goal, a decent enough clubhouse, big pitch, but is on quite a slope, and not always in a good condition due to the number of teams that use it. The ground is on the A34, street parking abounds.

I have other commitments on that date, but if I can get out of them I'll trot along to support Torpoint.

Best of luck.