Cornwall Football Forum

dream team time

Bit of a tall challenge really.

As it's the end of another year - I would be more interested in seeing answers to the question "what would be your local football memory or thought of the calendar year?" Happy, sad, good, bad or funny - but summed up in less than a 100 words.

For me - it has to be the way that Madron AFC of the Mining Division League continue to play on after taking such heavy defeats during this season. They're not even half way through their season yet and already have a negative goal difference of -262 from 13 games! And as for the game they lost 55-0 at Illogan RBL - it still seems impossible to concede so many goals in 90 minutes. And to top it all, they're still not bottom of their division!

hi james my thoughts on this are entirely that of my own opinions so here would be my summary.

manager reg hambly (camelford)

gk j oak (liverton)

df d gaze (buckland)

df t chambers (bodmin)

df n souness (vospers)

df t smith (st blazey)

mdf d mason (ivybridge)

mdf c reski (st blazey)

mdf p menhenick (camelford)

mdf w quinn (penzance)

str a carter (torpoint)

str g hobbs (parkway)

Gk - martin piper

Rb - shane white

Cb - lee rundle

Cb - jon everon

Lb - gary williams

Cdm - tom barwell

Cm - shane krac

Cm - billy allen

St - darren edwards

St - stuart morgan

St - chaz michael michaels

Quite clearly my team would be managed by roger fice, great motivator and all round top gaffer! Would be worth doin this as a real season though cause trophy easily being comin rogers way!

This league has an awful lot of good player which are spread out over a number of good teams like parkway bodmin buckland and torpoint so far.. I would go for something like this..

Gk-ben elphick (parkway)

Df-chris todd (torpoint)

Df-lee rundle (ivybridge)

Df-shane white (torpoint)

Df-john heveron (parkway)

Mf-steve colwell (bodmin)

Mf-gavin coulton (saltash)

Mf-dan park (liskeard)

Mf-sam matthews -(bodmin)

St-josh grant (torpoint)

St-stuart morgan (torpoint)

I personally think if that team were together then they would win the league not easily but would have every chance.

They would be managed by dane bunney purely because of the job he is doing at okehampton on extremely low budget, I don't think he has enough respect as what he should have and given the chance I think he would do very well in the swpl!

David

Guest Rydon Ranger

This league has an awful lot of good player which are spread out over a number of good teams like parkway bodmin buckland and torpoint so far.. I would go for something like this..

Gk-ben elphick (parkway)

Df-chris todd (torpoint)

Df-lee rundle (ivybridge)

Df-shane white (torpoint)

Df-john heveron (parkway)

Mf-steve colwell (bodmin)

Mf-gavin coulton (saltash)

Mf-dan park (liskeard)

Mf-sam matthews -(bodmin)

St-josh grant (torpoint)

St-stuart morgan (torpoint)

I personally think if that team were together then they would win the league not easily but would have every chance.

They would be managed by dane bunney purely because of the job he is doing at okehampton on extremely low budget, I don't think he has enough respect as what he should have and given the chance I think he would do very well in the swpl!

David

Thought this post was about a 'Dream Team' not April Fool...!!

Guest Rydon Ranger

Name your team then rydon?????

David

Unfortunately 'mc david', i don't have the time that Mr Capello gets to be able to watch all SWPL teams and judge who are the best eleven. But how anyone can possiblly leave Glyn Hobbs out of a select team are either having a wind up or are wearing rose tinted spectacles when making their selections. And to include a player who until recently could not even get into the starting eleven of a rival Premier side until he moved clubs is totally beyond me.

Happy New Year to you. :drink: