Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL fixture, 30 Dec

Taken from the SWPL Website

Thursday 30th December

Premier Division :

Buckland Athletic bought 2010 to a close with an emphatic 8-1 win away at Witheridge to restore their 6 point lead at the top of the table. Witheridge were hampered as they had keeper Mike Searle sent off after just 2 minutes when he handled outside his box but Buckland were ruthless in punishing the 10 men as Shane Gill, Mike Booth and player/boss Anthony Lynch all scored twice with Liam Moseley and an own goal completing the scoring.

Just got back from deepest Devon,

well earned 3 pts

Pitch in good condition after having 12" of snow in the last week.

Buckland task was a little more easier with the sending off of the keeper but Withy had a replacement keeper on the bench.

Buckland scored at regaular intervals throughout the second half and did their goal difference a lot of good .

Remember they became league champions on goal difference last season so the +7 tonight will not have done any harm at all.

Attendance 85 ish with 25 -30 up from South Devon

BEST WISHES TO ALL OUR CORNISH FRIENDS FOR 2011 AT LETS HAVE AN EXCITING END TO THIS SEASON. FROM EVERYBODY AT HOMERS HEATH BUCKLAND. :clapper: :clapper:

As things go well done to Buckland tonight they did deserve to win BUT why does the ref feel the need to red card a goalie after 1.47 minutes into a game?.

His assistent didnt see it so why ruin a game so early on, does common sense no longer prevail.

And as for whatever (code name on swp website) ignore him as he is deluded as his son isnt a 1st team regular and he doesnt like it.

Well done Buckland and we will see you soon Roy :thumbsup:

As things go well done to Buckland tonight they did deserve to win BUT why does the ref feel the need to red card a goalie after 1.47 minutes into a game?.

His assistent didnt see it so why ruin a game so early on, does common sense no longer prevail.

And as for whatever (code name on swp website) ignore him as he is deluded as his son isnt a 1st team regular and he doesnt like it.

Well done Buckland and we will see you soon Roy :thumbsup:

Well put mate.

Yes the letter of the law says a keeper has to walk but it was only just outside with both keeper and striker racing towards the ball and in the first couple minutes of the game surely a bit of common sense must prevail but there when you have Tony Cloak as referee there is no common sense.

Welldone to Buckland though who brought great support with them and were good value for their win. Will go out on a limb here and say I reckon it will be there title again this year.

Mr.Manning(Paul),I saw an incident recently when the keeper raced off his line to collect the ball:but the goal are was very badly cut up and slippery.Unfortunately he could not stop himself and accidentally slid outside the box wwith the ball still under his control.The referee issued a yellow card pointing out that there was(obviously) NO INTENT .

Perhaps you could clarify if a red card is only for deliberate handball.On this occasion I thing commonsense was shown-incidentally there was not the slightest appeal from the attacking side.

Thanking-you.

Adlestrop, the red card is for Denying an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity (DOGSO). In the case you have described was there any attackers near could have scored? As I didn't see the Buckland incident I cannot comment but, if by the letter of the law the referee is correct then it doesn't matter whether it is the 1st minute or the 90th minute, the incident is still the same.

Adlestrop, the red card is for Denying an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity (DOGSO). In the case you have described was there any attackers near could have scored? As I didn't see the Buckland incident I cannot comment but, if by the letter of the law the referee is correct then it doesn't matter whether it is the 1st minute or the 90th minute, the incident is still the same.

In this case there was no scoring opportunity:so the ref was right.however,I have seen situations when a similar incident was red-carded.Could someone quote the LOAF regarding this?

In this case there was no scoring opportunity:so the ref was right.however,I have seen situations when a similar incident was red-carded.Could someone quote the LOAF regarding this?

Visit wikipedia where all the laws are there for everyone to read.

just google laws of ass. football

Adelstrop, it has to be deliberate handball and the referee deciding that it comes under the DOGSO, regarding your scenario with the keeper accidently sliding out of his area due to pitch conditions, I honestly dont think I would have even issued a yellow card, just awarded a direct free kick outside the area.

So the referee applied the LOAF correctly and you are not happy with that, i`m pretty sure if he had not sent off the keeper other people would have been asking as to why he did not apply LOAF correctly, damned if you do damned if you dont seems to be the case.

Seeing as you have brought up the laws of the game how about two footed off the floor tackles?

Same game Buckland lad two footed tackle on Withy defender punishment recieved a talking to.

As i said before taking nothing away from Buckland as they were great but once again inconsistent ref decisions cost teams.

On this occasion Mr Cloak was poor for both sides as he also turned down a blatant penalty shout for the visitors when one of our defenders took the legs of the Buckland lad before making contact with the ball.

I was at the game and also very close to the handball, and i for 1 shouted "he has to go" regardless if it was the 1st or 90th minute, had the keeper not handled the ball it was a goal, not a big fan of Mr cloake think hes very OTT, but he gave the correct decision and fair play to him.

It did effect the game in the end, but withy put in a stunning performance to be fair and all credit to them, think we had more to give, but on the heavy surface the 3 points were a must with bodmin putting a great run togeather again. The last goal was one of the funniest things ive seen for a long time, evben the withy supporters in was stood by were laughing

I`m not sure it was me who " brought up the LOAF", but I thought we were discussing a point of law, regarding a two footed tackle where both feet are off the ground it is to be treated as reckless and if it causes an injury or could cause an injury then the offender should be disciplined with a red card under Law12, S1 Serious foul play.

I hope that answers your query.

So the referee applied the LOAF correctly and you are not happy with that, i`m pretty sure if he had not sent off the keeper other people would have been asking as to why he did not apply LOAF correctly, damned if you do damned if you dont seems to be the case.

Seeing as you have brought up the laws of the game how about two footed off the floor tackles?

Same game Buckland lad two footed tackle on Withy defender punishment recieved a talking to.

As i said before taking nothing away from Buckland as they were great but once again inconsistent ref decisions cost teams.

On this occasion Mr Cloak was poor for both sides as he also turned down a blatant penalty shout for the visitors when one of our defenders took the legs of the Buckland lad before making contact with the ball.

[/quoAgree with you there billy not a good tackle and it deserved more and also a def pen but to close to the sending off, was the reason he didnt give it IMO, your boys played really well all things considered,all the best for rest of the season

From the magic book (page 35)

A player is sent off for the following offences:

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

• denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf