Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Reserves on the Up

I think you will be fine .. with the recent additions and a very poor standard league .....

Truro Reserves will finish mid table

Is that the very poor standard league that you couldnt manage to win ? :clapper::rolleyes:

Iam talking about the league this season .... :SM_carton:

I think you will agree that since St Austell came out of the league , the standard has dropped drematically. last year with St Austell, Perranporth , Newquay, Penryn, Godolphin, A very strong Dobwalls side, Camelford and to some extent Callington (with the Masons) the league was very srong.

This season though with big changes at a lot of those clubs and players moving on to the Prem league the league is not as strong. Its been stated many times that the standard has dropped on this forum.

I agree the standard was very high last year , we were promoted and currently sit comfortable in the prem league and also Camelford reached the Senior cup final from the west league... come to think of it a team playing in the west league won the Senior cup the season before :clapper: .

I am purley stating that the league is not as strong as last year and that is why Truro city with the current squad will climb the table.

i have played for 2 clubs over the past 3 years in this league, now im injured for along time iv had a chance to watch other teams, and i agree with money man, yes st austell are not in the league but that's not y money man is saying the league is weaker! take dobwalls many players left this year and got in a young squad with a few old players returning, Perranporth are not the team they were last year with gosling in charge, hayle lost pritty much there hole team, so yes id say the league is weaker this year!

truro and john peters have won one from two or three since the signings.

in my opinion if the west league was greater than a year or 2 ago i would still be watching it bar newquay which is my reason to watch premier. if any team was to go up i would say penryn this season.

mr unorthadox im not knocking your plymstocks confidence having just gone 10 games unbeaten but the league is poor because of devon sides in the west.

as for the post for playing for two clubs in 3 seasons, i did exactly the same as linesman except i get slated which is another reason the league is bad, players and clubs do not respect their club official. id say the only club out of 3 i enjoyed was callington.

even the league asked me to do a job il ove but get bolloxed from clubs. truro has a great set up but its not nice to judge a club by its players its results that matter.

It is a pi55 poor Division, awful or no facilities at most grounds and is now no better than a ECPL/Combo combined league. No one can convince me that grounds, if you can call them that, such as Plymstock, Vospers, and Godolphin amongst others are acceptable at Level 7. When you see Troon, Illogan and St Just have better on site facilities for supporters, it makes you wonder how low the standards SWPL have set for Div 1 E/W.

The standard of football is terrible this season, far worse than recent years. The promotion of St Austell and Penzance whilst good for them, means the rest are now finding the true level of the Division. If and when Newquay, Penryn and Porthleven get out of the Division, the rest will either not have grounds acceptable to the Prem Div or not have the ambition or money to go up. The SWPL will eventually stagnate without true promotion/relegation either up from the Prem or down to E/W Divs.

Gates are down at Newquay this season as supporters are fed up watching poor opposition, biggest gate of 140+ was v Penryn but less than 90 v Okehampton. No wonder Peppermints fans are desperate for games v Blazey, Bodmin, Falmouth etc to get the life flowing back into the club. Not so much big fish in little pond, more of a beached whale at the moment, just needs a shove in the right direction to survive.

It is a pi55 poor Division, awful or no facilities at most grounds and is now no better than a ECPL/Combo combined league. No one can convince me that grounds, if you can call them that, such as Plymstock, Vospers, and Godolphin amongst others are acceptable at Level 7. When you see Troon, Illogan and St Just have better on site facilities for supporters, it makes you wonder how low the standards SWPL have set for Div 1 E/W.

The standard of football is terrible this season, far worse than recent years. The promotion of St Austell and Penzance whilst good for them, means the rest are now finding the true level of the Division. If and when Newquay, Penryn and Porthleven get out of the Division, the rest will either not have grounds acceptable to the Prem Div or not have the ambition or money to go up. The SWPL will eventually stagnate without true promotion/relegation either up from the Prem or down to E/W Divs.

Gates are down at Newquay this season as supporters are fed up watching poor opposition, biggest gate of 140+ was v Penryn but less than 90 v Okehampton. No wonder Peppermints fans are desperate for games v Blazey, Bodmin, Falmouth etc to get the life flowing back into the club. Not so much big fish in little pond, more of a beached whale at the moment, just needs a shove in the right direction to survive.

Nemesis......... Completley agree with your comments :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Have to say Nemesis, I agree that Newquay as a club and town need promotion and it would indeed be good for the premier league in general. Its a "proper" football ground and I'm sure your attendances would be well up with games against Bodmin, Falmouth, St.Blazey, St.Austell etc....not easy though with only one team being promoted!

Nemesis......... Completley agree with your comments :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

again agree with you nemesis...we are Troon applied to join the Combo 2years agao, after having a 10 year stint out of the league, we were handed a sheet of paper with a shed load of things we needed to do in order to meet the leagues criteria, some of which was absolutly mad! parking for a min of 80 cars....some sort of shelter for the fans(all 7 of them...lol),a full boundary around the pitch....so...by putting about 300 metres of that rubbish blue rope around the pitch with metal rods about 3 metres apart=a safe boundary....??!! which is what alot of the clubs have...parking for 80 cars!? luckilly we do have this anyway...but surly if we have been set this by the league, why did they not set the teams in the current league, and leagues above the same targets, and give them a deadline..like they did with us, there are a number of grounds in the combo without hardly any parking...no shelter, and they are also a few in the peninsula leagues without parking or shelter, so it did seem like certain people were trying to make things tough for us, but thankfully everything got done and we grabbed our place...i know i am going off of the original subject...but i just thought i'd have my say on the what most of you have been talking about, the standard of grounds... which all in all is not great down here..but it is not a massive standard of football most of the senior clubs are in, so why be so fussy!!! :clapper:

Nemesis if the standard in your division is so poor Newquay will presumebly be winning the league with ease this season ??

Oops, just come through on Radio Rugby "Newquay 2 Holsworthy (3rd bottom of a poor league) 3".

i,m afraid You have to earn the rite to be with the big boys, you dont have any rite to be in the top division just because you have a set of floodlights,

Camelford will win your league this season so you better get used to getting your arse kicked by poor sides in a poor division for another season, at least :yahoo:

Nemesis if the standard in your division is so poor Newquay will presumebly be winning the league with ease this season ??

Oops, just come through on Radio Rugby "Newquay 2 Holsworthy (3rd bottom of a poor league) 3".

i,m afraid You have to earn the rite to be with the big boys, you dont have any rite to be in the top division just because you have a set of floodlights,

Camelford will win your league this season so you better get used to getting your arse kicked by poor sides in a poor division for another season, at least :yahoo:

Didn't say Newquay could, should or would win it but no getting away from it, it is a very poor Division where anyone can beat anyone else.

Facilities wise, yes we have good grounds such as Truro, Newquay, Penryn, Holsworthy and Porthleven, no surprise they are all Ex-SWL sides ! Camelford & Hayle are the bright hopes for the Division, nice set ups, Camels if they ever get a club lounge, would be worthy of the Prem Div, good side too. Lights were not mentioned, they are essential in the Prem and rightly so, no point forcing Mousehole & Dobwalls to go bankrupt for a set of lights.

Holsworthy were up for it today, won every header & 50/50 ball, Newquay have got problems in defence but that dosn't stop the fans from turning up home and away every week, I know of at least 20 that will be at Camelford next Sat, most heading for The Masons Arms for lunch.

Enjoy your football at whatever level you watch.