Cornwall Football Forum

IVYBRIDGE TOWN. MASS EXODUS, WHY?

After reading some of the local football reports, it seems Ivybridge Town were struggling to make a side on Saturday.

Rumour has it that several players have departed for more money!

If this is in fact true, it is a severe blow to a club looking to improve its facilities and move forward.

After reading some of the local football reports, it seems Ivybridge Town were struggling to make a side on Saturday.

Rumour has it that several players have departed for more money!

If this is in fact true, it is a severe blow to a club looking to improve its facilities and move forward.

More Money......... that old chestnut

Problems then at Ivybridge... hopefully will sort its self out as its a club that has a great future with the new facilities etc

I've seen Ivybridge a few times over the last few seasons, and they have players who will do anything for Brian Howard. I would place Jamie Middleton and Joe Truelove in that category, and would be surprised if they move on.

Rightly or wrongly, I get the impression that Dennis would move if a better offer came his way. Either way, the team is playing well this season. It's a shame more players at this level do not appear to put enjoyment at the top of their list of priorities.

Having said that, I would not blame any player for trying his hand at a higher level (Barnstaple Town).

Ivybridge can and do play some good football.

Players have been injured and some are serving suspensions.

The players that have left have moved up a step in footballing terms to a higher standard of football and will of course be getting more money.

Some playes actual leave clubs to play at the higher level to see how far they could go and not just for the money, not many, but some do.

Guest Footballfan1234

Ivybridge town still look stronge , I watched them against St blazey , they just need a centre back and their the only team where I see goals coming from all other the pitch and a stiker call Stevens who looks very good.