Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v St Austell

Well done all concerned at St Blazey at getting this game on :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Should be a close one

St Austell missing several 1st team players and Blazey at full strength...

Money Man

Making excuses already, deary me!!

Let's hope the game tonight is played in the right spirit and is a great advert for Cornish football.

:lol: You gota laugh!!!

I predict 2-2.AET.

Then a lottery on the pens!!

2 red cards.

Crowd around 200. I think alot wont bother with this weather. Its pouring down again. :angry2:

Lets hope for a good match. The weather should make this intresting.

No pens tonight Paul, replay in senior cup. Extra time though I would imagine.

St Blazey 0-2 St Austell

Crowd: approaching 300 (perhaps half of that from Snozzle)

Another Easter Monday without St Blazey involvement :(

St Austell dominated an average blazey team :)

In the second half yes, but Blazey had the best of the first. Had the referee not fluffed the decision on Cooper's goal, we could have been looking at a different result.

Our lack of match fitness showed towards the end on an increasingly heavy pitch and St Austell deserved the win.

St Austell better in the second half??

Only after another ###### balls up down out right that gifted the first goal. All four goals in two games from mistakes in this area!!!

#### poor finishing cost us dear with quality chances completed wasted. Zallicks suspension and Hoyles injury has cost us dear. No doubt about it!!!

Gary Penhaligon still a quality keeper. Well done to him for keeping fit and wanting to keep playing!!

Out the Vase and out the senior cup in the space of 5 days.

Happy new year!!! :rolleyes:

Dan got it spot on I think - Town the better side over all. We were in a good position to see the disallowed goal - it was close and the linesman was quick to make his decision. Apart from that the game was refereed very well in difficult conditions.

Great to have a long chat with my old boss and Blazey stalwart (you can't help sickness!)Keith Olford at the game. Beforehand he commented on the relative strengths of the teams on paper (ie Towns looked stronger) and so it proved. Despite years of his team having the upperhand over St.Austell he never gloated (well very little)but the tide may well now have turned - time will tell.

Tough next round tie at Camelford and we'll need to be at our best up there.

Cracking game of football considering the conditions. A fairly even game with the only difference being St Austell taking there chances. A deserved win. Shame about Chris Reski at the end lashing out at St Austells Martin Giles. Take losing like a man Chris and not like a thug.

Up the LILLYWHITES and good luck in the next round!

I think you are right Dan. The video evidence as you will see tomorrow night would suggest that the St Blazey goal should have stood. It is close!

I am a St Austell supporter and I thought that the offside decission was harsh, a very good game played in good spirit apart from the handbags at full time.

Thought St Austell were good for their win.

Couldnt get to the game last Night due to work but was delighted on hearing the final score.

Well done all the players, management and commitee.

I think the tide has turned and as I stated a couple of years ago ..... Afc St Austell will one day take over and be bigger and better that St Blazey.

Onwards and upwards ... Another Senior Cup win would be very pleaseing to our large fan and sponsor base..

Tavistock at home on Sat... lets see another bumper crowd that the current squad deserve.

Kind Regards

Money Man