18 Witheridge          23   5    3    15   37   66  -29  18

19 Dartmouth           22   4    3    15   35   71  -36  15

20 Wadebridge          24   2    2    20   23   78  -55  8

---------------------------------------------------------------

08/02/2011       Cullompton         1 - 1    Torpoint

08/02/2011       Saltash            1 - 0    Tavistock

St Blazey 1-2 Bodmin Town

Crowd: about 140

St Blazey were the better side throughout. Bodmin must have thought Christmas had come early with some of the officials' decisions tonight.

Still, an excellent game and I'm sure on another night the rub of the green will go our way.

Higman scored for the greens.

St Blazey 1 - Bodmin 2

Scrappy game, a draw would have been a fair result but I will leave the match report to someone who is more familiar with players of both sides.

Can anyone tell me why on earth Dave Lobb was allowed to referee this fixture?

Absoloute ludicrous decision.

1. Ex St Blazey player

2. Lives less than a MILE from Blaise Park

3. Alledged by those in the know at Biscovey, for being a renowned St Blazey hater!

On a Saturday, this could be deemed a logistical error with so many refs and so many games but on a Wednesday night and the majority of other officials sat at home; surely a more suitable referee could have been appointed.

CCFA got a few more quid for the coffers though as he had no hesitation in sending Reski off at the death!

St Blazey 1 - 2 Bodmin

St Blazey took the lead in the first half and created a few chances, including a one-on-one with the Bodmin goalkeeper which would have left Bodmin fans worried at half time. Bodmin came out in the second half and put the St Blazey defence under some pressure, but St Blazey kept hitting Bodmin on the break to keep the match lively. Eventually the Bodmin pressure took its toll and they equalised about midway through the second half. St Blazey were reduced to 10 men shortly after Bodmin went ahead 2 - 1.

All in all, a really good game of football, well contested by the two sides, that could have gone either way.

Well, that is what I would be saying if the officials didn't try their best to muck it up.

You know, most fans can accept defeat (perhaps not graciously). Either their team wasn't good enough, they didn't put away their chances, or they were just plain unlucky. Perhaps all of those could be applied to St Blazey tonight. But as a fan, when you've got several opposing fans commiserating you after the game about the poor performance from the officials (I won't quote, far too much swearing on all sides if I'm honest), it is deeply frustrating.

Everyone makes mistakes. In football, if you're an official and you make mistakes, you get stick. Handle it. Don't get all delicate and try your very best to incite a riot with some frankly bewildering decisions, which is what I'm certain happened tonight. I'm not complaining about the sending off, that was two bookable offences and the player had to go. I'm complaining about the dreadful decisions made prior to the sending off that got Reski pissed off in the first place. It's an absolute joke and frankly, if this level of impartiality from the officials was the standard at every match this level of football, this league would die on it's arse in a couple of years, which would be a terrible shame. Thankfully there are many decent officials in the league, but how can some officials be allowed to officiate a match if they can't help but throw their toys out of the pram when they get caught out making mistakes?

Disgraceful.

St Blazey 1 - Bodmin 2

Scrappy game, a draw would have been a fair result but I will leave the match report to someone who is more familiar with players of both sides.

Can anyone tell me why on earth Dave Lobb was allowed to referee this fixture?

Absoloute ludicrous decision.

1. Ex St Blazey player

2. Lives less than a MILE from Blaise Park

3. Alledged by those in the know at Biscovey, for being a renowned St Blazey hater!

On a Saturday, this could be deemed a logistical error with so many refs and so many games but on a Wednesday night and the majority of other officials sat at home; surely a more suitable referee could have been appointed.

CCFA got a few more quid for the coffers though as he had no hesitation in sending Reski off at the death!

Why should he as an ex-player hate his former club?

I believe he may even have been skipper at the time but not sure; anyway, the 1st team "expenses" were reduced heavily in keeping with the finances of that generation and as a senior playing figure with influence at the time; led a walkout from the club that left St Blazey well and truly in the mire.

Issues that date back years such as these are of course not widely known but the appointments secretary would have been well aware that tonights referee lives within touching distance of St Blazey.

Given that geographical knowledge and in order to remain impartial; would they have not considered the appointment unfair to Bodmin?

From whichever clubs angle you look at it, it was a poor decision.

CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION WED FEB 9

#  Team               Pl   Wo   Dr   Lo   Gf   Ga   Dif  Pts

1  Buckland            24   20   1    3    90   30   60  61

2  Parkway             24   16   4    4    82   37   45  52

3  Bodmin              21   15   5    1    54   21   33  50

4  Torpoint            20   14   4    2    65   26   39  46

5  Falmouth            21   14   3    4    65   27   38  45

6  Penzance            26   12   4    10   52   54  -2   40

7  Ivybridge           25   11   5    9    66   55   11  38

8  St Austell          24   10   6    8    58   63  -5   36

9  Saltash             22   10   5    7    57   31   26  35

10 Launceston          25   9    6    10   48   56  -8   33

11 Royal Mar           23   9    5    9    44   47  -3   32

12 St Blazey           18   7    5    6    40   31   9   26

13 Bovey               24   6    7    11   45   63  -18  25

14 Elburton            24   7    3    14   47   63  -16  24

15 Liskeard            24   5    7    12   33   50  -17  22

16 Cullompton          24   6    3    15   41   94  -53  21

17 Tavistock           22   5    5    12   31   50  -19  20

18 Witheridge          23   5    3    15   37   66  -29  18

19 Dartmouth           22   4    3    15   35   71  -36  15

20 Wadebridge          24   2    2    20   23   78  -55  8

09/02/2011       St Blazey          1 - 2    Bodmin

dave "lazy" lobb as he was known was a die hard player and fan for years his brother and dad were at the club ,bro a keeper and dad club linesman. in the phil towl era he suddenly set a mass walkout after towl was sacked and left the club in the sh*t, the 2nd team having to fulfil both sides fixtures which at times meant playing at 3pm then straight after under lights on home games. since then hes very anti blazey even after 14 years. i had the joy lol of watching him referee liskeard v bovey a couple of weeks ago and he is 1 of the worst refs i have seen for a long time cant play with out them but wheres the joy when HE is that bad. its a shame to critisise people on here but he can ruin a game single handedly

It just speaks volumes that this thread has been quickly taken over by opinions on tonights officials. It says it all really as thats precisely what tonights referee David Lobb will want the most, as his arrogance overalls the position as the man in the middle to the point of wanting to be on everybodys lips tonight.

I am glad somebody not associated with the Club has already stated the history behind his association with St Blazey AFC and now it needs to be taken immediately into consideration by the appointments secretary, in order for him not to be appointed to another St Blazey home fixture. But then again, that appointments secretary was also one of this evenings assistant officials and appointed David Lobb only today as a stand in tonight for the original appointed referee.

Therefore action MUST to be taken from higher above by both officials of the SWPL and Cornwall FA. This appointment simply cannot happen again because this League will fast lose credibility if not.

It frustrates me when 2 teams play entertaining football like tonight and the post match talk becomes centered aroung match officials. The game flowed end to end at times with both sides having their share of dominance at times but for me there were very few "big" decisions to make tonight and yet the 3 officals make a total pigs ear of the offiating the game.

Personally the result obviously hurts as all the players in green and black shirts performed at the top of their game and for the second time this season gave Bodmin as many problems as any other side probably have this season but Id like to wish good luck to all at Bodmin for the Championship run in.

BUT simple decisions at crucial times from all 3 officials tonight HAVE cost us the chance of taking what I feel wouldve been a deserved point atleast tonight. :SM_carton:

I was at the game last night....

To sum it up, the St Blazey team have gone up in my opinion, they are playing there socks of for the club and showed terrific commitment, everyone is aware of the problems down at St Blazey behind the scenes (Brokenshire out!!!!!! NOW) but the efforts on the field from the management and the players is something all clubs can look up too. It was a privilege watching the Green and Blacks last night you should all be proud of your efforts.

Stick together and play with that heart that you showed last night and you will be fine.

Oh and Mr Lobb and your 2 assistants I am not the biggest Blazey fan but last night that was just disgraceful, it was down right ****** and you know it.. Don’t you think it’s hard enough for St Blazey at the moment and you 3 turn up and handle the game like that. I am furious at the performance and nothing would make me happier to represent St Blazey and put together a complaint and have you all thrown out of the league, we all make mistakes and being a referee is tough but for **** s**e last night was embarrassing. If it would of been St Austell playing last night I would of been waking up this morning in Newquay, I suggest you all have a long hard think and really consider your futures in the game, because you are blatantly not good enough... If you all want to ref then fine but please stick to Duchy 10 or something similar.

To finish would someone please from St Blazey committee have the balls to say to your management team of Laffs and Hoops ..... "Thank you" they fully deserve it. You are very luck to have them.

Keep up the good work St Blazey FOOTBALL CLUB , the players and management you are a credit to the league.

Money Man

Edited by Richard Chown
Comment could cause offenisve

Money Man, Are you aware of how the officials work together, perhaps not. I was not at the game so could not even attempt to comment on their decisions, now the assistants before the game are given instructions by the referee as to what he wants them to do and hopefully thats what they will do. An example, I have been instructed in the past not to give penalty decisions I was to leave them to the referee, it depends totally on what the referee wants you to do.

Money Man, Are you aware of how the officials work together, perhaps not. I was not at the game so could not even attempt to comment on their decisions, now the assistants before the game are given instructions by the referee as to what he wants them to do and hopefully thats what they will do. An example, I have been instructed in the past not to give penalty decisions I was to leave them to the referee, it depends totally on what the referee wants you to do.

B Manning that makes Mr Lobb even worse then, he obviously instructed them to give offsides only against St Blazey.

Believe me if you were at the game you would not of been impressed by them.

Can you please refrain from calling Mr Lobb a referee as well........ Hopefully he has slept on it and a resignation will be going into the FA

Money Man

I was at the game last night and yes the ref was very poor! As for the lino only giving offside against Blazey, thats a joke. To be given offside you must first be offside and the Bodmin players where not going to get caught very often thanks to the Blazey no.6 who would be a good 3/4 yards behind all of the back line and it did not take long for the players to get that. As for the game Blazey where the better team in the first half, the second half saw Bodmin put the more pressure on the Blazey goal and it was only a matter of time before the goals came. Blazey did have there moments but where playing on the break nothing like the first half which they where controlling more. All in all it was a great game to watch,with so much going on on the pitch, dug out's and behind the goals one of the best games i watched for entertainment so far this season.

I was at the St Blazey game last night, I feel some linesmen are so busy trying to catch players off-side and looking across the line that they miss other incidents around the field of play and off the ball incidents! I am assuming the rules are still the same and off-side is when and where the ball is kicked from and not when the linesmen looks across the front line!! All in all a poor performance from the Officials.

Soulman, of course assistants are going to miss things, especially off the ball incidents those are primarily the referee`s job and one thing I can assure you of is that being an assistant is harder than refereeing, I would sooner referee than line any day.

Some are the other way around I would rather be an Assistant but love refereeing as well

I was at the game last night..... If it would of been St Austell playing last night I would of been waking up this morning in Newquay.

Money Man

Nothing wrong in waking up in Newquay ! I'm sure many of the forum readers have done exactly that.... and then asked what her name was !

Times have changed on this forum, I used to get slated for knocking officials and moaning when my team were robbed... now it seems it's all the rage.

I see,as usual the faceless Moneyman has turned this into bashing Brian Brokenshire.He was there last night, why did you not introduce yourself and tell him all your grievences? You never know he may have replied to all your faceless accusations on differant threads on this board.As for last nights game,well its all been said as everyone associated with St Blazey knew what would happen as soon as they heard of this ludicrous appointment.

I see,as usual the faceless Moneyman has turned this into bashing Brian Brokenshire.He was there last night, why did you not introduce yourself and tell him all your grievences? You never know he may have replied to all your faceless accusations on differant threads on this board.As for last nights game,well its all been said as everyone associated with St Blazey knew what would happen as soon as they heard of this ludicrous appointment.

Faceless Money Man....

He was there was he.. Ok well perhaps I will speak with him next time.. Hope its better than the last time I spoke with him when he told me and one other "give me a call if you want to know how to run a propper football club" based on that its difficult for me to take the man seriously i am afraid.

Anyway anything I will say would only be constructive because Tarquin, St Blazey FC is in one hell of a mess at the moment, very similar to St Austell a few years ago, we have turned the corner now with hard work and commitment, and so can you but to start with some of the dinosaurs need to face up to the fact that the club needs help....... and to begin with, perhaps Mr brokenshire should step down...

Best of Luck St Blazey fc

MoneyMan

I was at the game last night..... If it would of been St Austell playing last night I would of been waking up this morning in Newquay.

Money Man

Nothing wrong in waking up in Newquay ! I'm sure many of the forum readers have done exactly that.... and then asked what her name was !

Times have changed on this forum, I used to get slated for knocking officials and moaning when my team were robbed... now it seems it's all the rage.

It might be all the rage now but there is still only ONE Judge